Any more Dec or Jan cases still waiting ? Please post here!!!

PD:10/10/1999 RD:1/8/2001 ND:1/16/2001 FP:5/3/2001 I140 CP AD:: God knows

Called IIO y\'day case is pending decision...don\'t know what this means.

I talk to IIO...she says that I140 approval was not found. in the system...it was sent out.

But IIO mentioned to me that this should not matter in approval.
It solely depends upon the officer who is adj...
If the officer wants to see that he will order NVC to get it back.
Keeping fingers crossed.
Talk to lawyer same response...he says that VSC don\'t need those copies for approval. He has few approvals in the same kind of cases.

Count me in: RD Jan 10; ND Jan 17; PD Nov. 99 I140- CP

Spoke with lawyer and as per her, they have taken care of this I140-CP stuff and informed NVC not to sent papers to consulate. Also she added that they know the process and this should not delay the case. Hope she is right.

RD--01/11/01; ND--01/18/01; PD--08/99; FP--05/08/01; for AOS...still waiting..9 yrs in US

485Approval!! Do you know when did INS request for the file from consulate?

In my case the lawyer talked to Immigration officials and was told that INS requested my I-140 file from Delhi consulate in May 2001 when I had my Finger print. I am not sure if they have recieved my file yet because the IIO whom I talked to did not share any details other than that you case may take 1 months to 6 months which makes me worry during this job market.

sammybee!! If your lawyer mentioned that it should not delay the process then why we have some cases

This is what I don\'t understand. When I see people getting approval with CP cases I am delighted but when I hear one or two cases who have been waiting for so long then I become doubtful. May be I don\'t want to believe what lawyers say because in my case my lawyer did not mention to me before applying I-140 or after approval that my I140 is approved for CP. I hope you have a nice lawyer and you can trust her.

Jai Jagdeesh - 140 is still in Chennai, and no request has been made yet.

I spoke to the guys in Chennai Consulate and they confirmed that the 140 is with them and that they havn\'t received any request from INS to send it back.

Good Luck to everyone. Hope this process will end soon for good.

hi J-J-H, yeah we spoke with IIO couple times & have been checking AVM regularly....BUT....

no light at the end of the tunnel, yet.
I check my AVM almost every night. Attorney does\'nt have a clue.
I spoke with an IIO sometime in July & September.
My wife too spoke with an IIO around Oct\'18th and was told that
it\'ll take 2-3 weeks max. (Yes, IIO said 2 to 3 weeks).
No RFE too. I\'m hoping to get approval in the next couple weeks
or so.

the wait goes on.....even after being here for about 9 yrs....

Jagdish;

You may be right; we can not fully believe whatever our lawyer says. In my case, too, lawyer never told me that they are applying for CP. But after when I ask them, they said that they always do this due to the fact that, then, both options remain open for client ( CP and I-485).
Also, more complications in my case is that when I applied for I-485, in Jan 01, my H1 was expired ( Nov. 00) and I had applied for H1 extension ( Sept. 00). I have sent H1 ext. receipt along with my papers but could not sent approval notice since it was not approved at that time. It got approved after 15 days. My lawyer said it would not be a problem , but now I am thinking that may be reason for delay and may be RFE. Same is true for H4 ext. in case of my wife and kid.

Thanks "485Approval".....I guess so about the longer process for longer stays...

Thanks. I hope you too all get approvals soon.

this CP thing happened because of old 140 form in my case... I verified...

there is special column on old 140 form.

there is something called

\'If the applicant is not eligible to do adj. of status in US which consulate should we send this approval to?\'

in my case they mentioned chennai,india.

i think this triggered my approval to sit in chennai.

485-2001 - You are right.

If I can recollect, my 140 was filed with an old form which had that question? So thats what screwed us I presume. Well, nothing much we can do now.

Good Luck

I checked with NVC just now and somehow they have the info. that I am adjusting status here so they

Thanks JJH for the information.
I called up NVC and came to know that my file is waiting to sent back to INS.

Let\'s see what happens next. Will keep you guys posted...

Guys don\'t rely on NVC automated information but talk to them see if the file is really sent.

NVC automated info. still says \'a pkt was sent to lawyer and send pkt to chennai\';