Any Miami Transfer Cases?

Aug22_01

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Has any body been called for interview @ miami... I am interested in the wait time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will take 36 to 40 days

It will take 36 to 40 days to recieve the interview notice from miami office,

Interview notice will be recieved 30 days before interview.

Total 65 - 70 days it will take for them to conduct the interview.

My case was transferred first week of June to Miami. you?
I did not hear anything yet. Is there anyone else?

My case also transfered on the 1st week of June too.
First they Rfed me for all I20s, work letter, medical and birth certificate..
then they xfered me to Miami....

regards,
src01250*****

Mine was also transferred to Miami. Just got the letter from the lawyer telling me which stuff I should get ready for the interview. No interview date yet. See my signature below for more details.

Case Transferred to Miami office today

Guys and Gals,

I just got an email today from the BCIS informing me that my I-140, I-485 and my wifes I-485 has been transferred to the local office in Miami. My ND is 03/25/04 and I am very surprised by this email. I have not idea whether this is a good thing or not? My FP has not been done yet.

Any feedback from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

-saras76

Miami interview letter

I got my interview letter for Miami .. interview is on Aug 13. Also, they have requested everything about my company including my IRS returns (3 yrs) and my company letter.
They didnot reqeust pictures or anything of the sort.... ???

I am still waiting for my interview notice from Miami. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that my ND is later than you guys.

If Aug22_01 RD is 5/25/01, and the interview is scheduled for August 13, 2004, when should I expect my interview if my ND is April 2002?

Miami Interview Update ....

Well I went for interview on Aug 13. The interviewer was courteous. Reqested my W2, emp letter, work permit, & original birth certificate, took my oath, signature and thumb print. Last thing was to check my background WHICH was not complete. So, he told me that they will get in touch w/ me once the background check was complete. He was appologetic and told me that he had to do the same twice that day... my lawyer told me that it could take 2 days to 3 months.... so I guess I will continue on the wait patiently................................... :( :mad:

Aug22_01,
They took away your EAD, but didn't give you a stamp?!!!! You have no proof that you are legal to work now, until you get the stamp, which could take months. They screwed you. Why do they do this!?!?!

Sorry for the confusion. They gave all my docs back other than the copies. ie. got back my work permit & travel docs. Yes. My lawyer went back and got them because I didn't realize what I could have gotton myself into!

You might not be interviewed

Andrews,

My case was transferred on the 19th of July from TSC to Miami. The reason was to "speed up processing". Since then I have talked to a lot of people about the possibility of an interview. I have gotten mixed responses but most people have told me that interview cases mention that you will be called for an interview on the transfer notices. It is possible that you might not be interviewed. However, if the officer processing your case has some additional questions he might schedule one. Either way you should expect good news soon.

Can you please give us more details about your case. Your ND, RD for I-140 and I-1485. Has your I-140 been approved already? Please let us know.

thanks,

saras

my answer..

Ok...guys..this is my theory...

I got interviewd on Aug 13, 04 but was not approved dueot the security check. my applicaion was transferred to Miami July 11,04. I beleive ur applications are not getting approved dueto security check....so hang on for a couple of months.. i have a friend who is in my boat and is hanging there for the last 10 months... i beleive there is a severe back log at centers for the sec check...

Aug22_01
nd. May_01

Saras76,
I received the same notice: "Case transferred to speed up processing." And I was theorizing the same as you are, that they will just process without an interview.

I think that the messages they print on the notices are generic and most transfers are called in for interview. I was called in for mine next week. Time between transfer date and interview date (Omaha, NE District Office): Exactly two months.

I think Miami is doing ok on I-485's (April of 2003). When I inquired on my transfer at the National Service Center and at the local information office here in Omaha, I was told that transfer cases are given priority over cases directly filed with the local offices.

Best of luck to you.

RD: 9/24/2002
ND: 10/09/2002
FP1: 12/04/2002
FP2: 5/18/2004
TD: 7/24/2004
ID: 9/23/2004

Thanks for the update cemol

Cemol,

I agree with you. The only issue with my case is that they have forwarded my I-140 to the local office as well. I am not sure how that is going to work. Either way I am going to wait for a few more months and if nothing happens I will try to follow up with the Miami office.

Good luck with your interview.

saras

Andrews,
I was already past the date at the time I was transferred (the Miami date was April 2003 then) , and that didn't help when I went to see them in June, I doubt that will help when I go see them in October. They don't seem to go by this date for tranferred cases at all.

curiousGeorge

Remember tomorrow I am going to Miami District office for the infopass I got. I will let you know what the officer replies to my questions. May God help us get our green cards very soon and stop all this waiting. I am getting crazy now checking two to three times a day for LUD :eek: ! Thanks.