Any Miami Transfer Cases?

Andrews,
I wish you luck, truly. I hope you can convince them schedule an interview. Please post the results when you come back.

the waiting continues

You may imagine how bad I feel!!!!. Asked for half day off at work. Drove like 50 miles from work to Miami Distric office and when I get there :eek: "They were just closing down due to Hurricane Watch".I felt so bad!!! They were rescheduling appointments . The closest I could get was Ocotber 12 at 6:45 am.!!!! :( That will be another half day off work!!!!!!I am feeling so bad but still I have seen guys waiting longer than me. Well, I wish you the best. If anything arises I will let you know.

curiousGeorge said:
Andrews,
I was already past the date at the time I was transferred (the Miami date was April 2003 then) , and that didn't help when I went to see them in June, I doubt that will help when I go see them in October. They don't seem to go by this date for tranferred cases at all.

I never asked you what they told you when you went on June? Did they treat you nicely? I remember once I paid $10 USD for parking and was out in 15 minutes after arrival. Officer did not even look at my case . Took receipt and told me there was nothing she could and that I had to wait . :( :mad:
Please let me know what they told you? I am going in October the 8th.

andrews,
My reason for going in June was to inquire why my wife's case was not transferred with mine to Miami. They told me that sometimes TSC decides to only transfer one family member, and its up to them as to what they want to do since employment based cases are TSC's jurisdiction, not Miami's jurisdiction. I agreed that EB cases are TSC jurisdiction, but reminded them that my case has now been transferred to Miami, and thus my case is now in their jurisdiction regardless of whether its an employment based case or not. I also showed them the standard operating procedure manual from TSC for adjudicating I-485 cases, and in there it states that all family members should be handled as a package together with the main applicant's case. It even specifies which elastic band and which folder type to use to ensure that these family members cases' don't get separated, so I wasn't making this up, and TSC seemed to put extra effort in ensuring that these files stay together, so it made son sense as to why only mine was transferred. She told me there is nothing she could do since its TSC jurisdiction, and she doubts that she can do anything to help. I asked her to try. All I was asking for was for her to at least issue request for my wife's case, since my case was already in their jurisdiction, and the cases should be kept together.

At this point, it was almost 4pm on a Friday. All the workers were saying goodbye to each other, and she looked like she was sick of my polite calm and repetitive nagging and just wanted to go home also. She came back with a form, to fill out, and she said she would send the request to TSC for us. We filed it out, she made a copy, and gave us the copy.

I got what I wanted, which was to get her to issue a request. The bottom line was that she did NOT want to do anything, so to answer your question, they treated me as if I was an idiot, even though I had tons of proof that I was right. Its a banana republic I guess.

To this day my wife's case has NOT been transferred, and I doubt it ever will be even though it says that her case should stay with mine in TSC's standard operating procedure manual. I have a feeling that her case will get lost. Mark my words, as I plan to refer to this post in the future, when it turns out that I was right.

I never asked her when my case would get an interview. That's why I'm going back in October. My old lawyer says interviews usually get assigned within 4 months at Miami. My new lawyer says its closer to 8 months. I believe it all depends on your RD at TSC. My fingerprints are expiring, so that might entice them to move quicker. My EAD expires in 6 months, so I need to know whether I should file the application and waste my money, since I can't get the money back for an EAD application that never gets adjudicated due to an adjudicated I-485. Same goes for my AP. Plus to top it all off my ND is now officially past the official processing date of TSC. I plan to throw all these reasons at them to expedite my case. I also plan to bring up the fact that I need to take a day off from work every year just to renew my driver's license, and I can't file for homestead exemption for the 3 year sin a row because I don't have a green card. I am considered a non-permanent resident for property tax purposes, and yet I am have been here so long, I can hardly consider this a temporary stay, and my property tax goes up 11% a year, while everyone else's only goes up 3%. I would like to offer her that I pay the extra $800 increase in my property tax to the USCIS, instead of the county, but that would be bribery of course.

The bottom line is more and more case are getting transferred to Miami to artificially reduce the backlog, and transfer it to the local offices, that's my personal observation. Ever since I got transferred I've been angrier than ever at how this damn system is so inefficient.

Last edited by a moderator:
how to get IRS certified Tax returns

For Aug22_01,
When you have bring your employer's and yourself's 3 year tax return for the interview, are those certified by IRS? I heard that someone have to postpone the interview date in order to get IRS certified tax returns. Is it required in your interview notice? is it really that critical? If yes, do you know how can we get it certified by IRS, is there a IRS local office in Miami?

Thanks a lot.

Irs

No need to get the certified forms. Just get the W2s, copies of ur filings, and the print out which IRS sends.
Good Luck!