Any May filers around?

How could they suspect I'm not still a non-immigrant or already naturalized?

That's the $ 1,000,000 question...

Once you are naturalized, US Citizen, get your passport and all... you are not required to carry anything to prove US Citizenship... so if you are walking down the street at El Paso, Texas... and someone stops you (your being of Hispanic ascend), what do you show? your folded up copy of the Natz. Certificate in your wallet?! :p

K.ambrose

My inteview is approved with name check pending. How to get the LUD info after name check. Any suggestions.
Do you know any one who cleared their name check recently????????????

Thanks in advance

Hi Lenova,
Sorry for the late reply. In regards to your query, the only way I find out if I have any update on my case is through the official USCIS website.

There has not been any updates since the interview on both the I-130 or the I-485 - my name check is pending. You may need to make an Infopass appointment to talk to an officer who can inform you abt your case's status.

I do not know anyone whose name check has cleared in this forum :(
All the best to us so that this situation ends soon.

Roshlimbo- Congrats on your GC!!!

Austriacus-Congrats on receiving your green card! I am glad they didn't make a mistake on yours. Thanks for the detailed description of the card. It was very interesting :)

I'm sure I wasn't the only one here that only received a little leaftlet with their GC saying the "Welcome Guide" is available for download online? :confused:

Of course I downloaded the online guide but it would be nice to have a crisp, government printed Welcome Guide to hold on my hands. There are instructions for requesting one by phone on the leaflet. Have any of you requested one successfully? I'm assuming it's free? I don't think I saw it in the "Forms by Mail" section that you can request on the USCIS website ...

Praetorian, didn't you say at some point you had like 50 of them to give away? :D Praetorian, another thought ... they also didn't take your I-94, right, just like they didn't take mine? You think it has to do with us travelling after we had applied for AOS? Or just a freak coincidence?

Next step for me will be to get a new SSN card that doesn't say "valid for work with INS authorization only" ... even though it doesn't really matter, nobody has requested to see my card in years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Austriacus, I still got a few of those guides available. I will mail you one if you give me your address :) it sure is nice!

Yup, they did not take my EAD (i did not have it at the time of the interview) or my I-94. Technically, I have evidence to show that: (1) I am paroled into the US until next year, (2) I am authorized to work in the US (EAD) until next year, (3) I am a PR until next year (I-551 stamp) and (4) I am a Conditional PR until 2 years have passed :D

Hello ALL!

I've been reading this particular forum since June and I must say this is really very informative and helpful. Anyway, I just want to share my stressful experience so far and I'm just a little worried because (I think) I'm the only "late-April-May-filer" who has not received an interview letter yet.

A2 married to USC Dec 2006

Reason: The check amount is incorrect or has not been provided.
We sent (3) checks, one for each application. When they returned all the forms to us, they only returned (2) checks with it. I assumed they LOST the check for my I-130 since it is the only one missing from the returned pkg :mad:. (I have copies of all 3 checks sent to them). Still, we re-issued the checks and mailed back all of them as instructed. Also, we called the bank and put a STOP PAYMENT on the one check USCIS did not return to us, for fear that it might end up with the wrong hands.

5/14: RD I-130/I-485/I-765 (for the 2nd time)
5/17: ND on all 3 (this time with amount rcvd for each)
5/24: ND for Bio for I485 & I130
5/30: ND from Vermont Svc Ctr for I130 with RD of 4/30 & Amount Rcvd - weird!!! :confused:
6/13: Bio complete
6/11: Rcvd RFE letter from NBC
6/14: ND Stopped processing I130 because the check submitted as pymt was returned to the bank.
Now I think they are talking about the 1st check we mailed. After days of speaking on the phone and exchanging of emails with the Debt Management Center and the Vermont Service Center, they sent us an email admitting to their "mistakes" and cancelled the invoice they sent us. Good thing I made copies of EVERYTHING to show them as proof!
6/18: ND full pymt rcvd and processing resumed :eek:
7/13: LUD on I485 response to RFE rcvd, case resumed, expect response w/in 60 days
8/1: EAD approved
8/6: EAD card rcvd
10/15: Infopass appt for I485 since it has been more than 60 days - Officer told me the same thing as the info on the website, they said i am still within the "normal" processing time, and that it's still "too early" to worry

And that's my story...I'm just worried they messed up with my case again since most of your stories are doing so well and most of you either got their IL or GC already :(

babyboo2, sorry for your bad experience. Definitely strange that they lost the check and then cashed it anyway. I think it was the right decision to put a stop payment on it because who knows how difficult it would have been to collect that money from USCIS that they would have charged you twice.

Maybe they are busy processing all the applications that were sent just before the fee change and/or resources are diverted for the 800,000 or so EB cases that were filed during the recent visa bulletin mix-up. At least you have notices and copies of everything, and you've received your EAD on time.

Thanks, austriacus. I see that our dates are quite similar. I just have a few questions for you though. What was approved on 9/26? Was it ur GC? When did u get ur IL in the mail and when was the interview? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
babyboo2, my case was probably not typical because I intentionally waited for a while to send my RFE. On 9/26 we had our interview and the AOS was approved, yes. I'm not sure when exactly I got the IL because I was on vacation at the time, but I believe it was approx. 5-6 weeks before the interview. Based on the time lines of others here you're definitely overdue for your IL.

Hey Austriacus, I still got a few of those guides available. I will mail you one if you give me your address :) it sure is nice!

Yup, they did not take my EAD (i did not have it at the time of the interview) or my I-94. Technically, I have evidence to show that: (1) I am paroled into the US until next year, (2) I am authorized to work in the US (EAD) until next year, (3) I am a PR until next year (I-551 stamp) and (4) I am a Conditional PR until 2 years have passed :D

Hey Praetorian! I also wanted to request that guide from the USCIS but wasn't sure if they would send it. How did you get so many guides? If, like you say, you have a few spare ones, I would be happy if you could send me one. :)

By the way, tomorrow I am going to an INFOPASS appointment about the wrong dates on my green card :mad: I bet they will take my card away, which sucks because next week I have a flight to Poland. I will need to use the stamp in my passport. I will let you know about that appointment.

Hey Praetorian! I also wanted to request that guide from the USCIS but wasn't sure if they would send it. How did you get so many guides? If, like you say, you have a few spare ones, I would be happy if you could send me one. :)

I will see if I can find some more, I seem to have misplaced the box... I found one for Austriacus, the FBI will deliver it to him ;).

I will let you know!

I will see if I can find some more, I seem to have misplaced the box... I found one for Austriacus, the FBI will deliver it to him ;).

I will let you know!

Oh man, I knew giving my address to Praetorian would be trouble. Now I need to conceal my identity when I leave the office tonight because I'll have ICE agents forming a perimeter around my apartment complex. Good that I followed Praetorian's advice so far to keep the GC on my person at all times! :D :p

If you're down to one, then I'll be a gentleman and say "ladies first," send it to MagdaJ. I've read the online version and "welcoming me" is kind of ironic anyway after being in this country for 12 years. I'm sure in the next 12 years I can manage to convince USCIS to send one to me. :D

Oh man, I knew giving my address to Praetorian would be trouble. Now I need to conceal my identity when I leave the office tonight because I'll have ICE agents forming a perimeter around my apartment complex. Good that I followed Praetorian's advice so far to keep the GC on my person at all times! :D :p

If you're down to one, then I'll be a gentleman and say "ladies first," send it to MagdaJ. I've read the online version and "welcoming me" is kind of ironic anyway after being in this country for 12 years. I'm sure in the next 12 years I can manage to convince USCIS to send one to me. :D

I found another one... but it's in spanish! :p how would you like that?

I found another one... but it's in spanish! :p how would you like that?

You mean for novelty purposes, because I'm not quite sure I'd understand it. :D What's closer to Spanish, German or Polish? And how come they don't make 'em in our languages anyway?

I'm pretty sure though that the San Antonio DO has a lot more Spanish guides than English ones anyway! ;)

Let's see ... tarjeta de residente permanente ... residente condicional ... el Formulario I-751 ... I guess I understand a little of it.

Oh there you go, this is cool:

“Sostenemos que estas verdades son evidentes: que todos los hombres son creados iguales; que son dotados por su Creador de ciertos derechos inalienables; que entre éstos están la vida, la libertad y la búsqueda de la felicidad”.

something about a creator and inalienable rights? :)

You mean for novelty purposes, because I'm not quite sure I'd understand it. :D What's closer to Spanish, German or Polish? And how come they don't make 'em in our languages anyway?

I'm pretty sure though that the San Antonio DO has a lot more Spanish guides than English ones anyway! ;)

Let's see ... tarjeta de residente permanente ... residente condicional ... el Formulario I-751 ... I guess I understand a little of it.

Oh there you go, this is cool:

“Sostenemos que estas verdades son evidentes: que todos los hombres son creados iguales; que son dotados por su Creador de ciertos derechos inalienables; que entre éstos están la vida, la libertad y la búsqueda de la felicidad”.

something about a creator and inalienable rights? :)

Well you sure picked the tough ones. :)

Maybe I should write a German version of the Welcome Guide myself!

"Wir halten diese Wahrheiten für selbstverständlich, dass alle Menschen gleich erschaffen wurden, dass sie von ihrem Schöpfer mit gewissen unveräußerlichen Rechten begabt wurden, worunter Leben, Freiheit und das Streben nach Glückseligkeit sind."

(translated with help from Google Translate and this)