Any May filers around?

Big Congrats, simsim31!!! I am so happy for you that your interview was so easy!! Now you can relax and move on!

sismsim31, I see you already got a card production ordered message, I got welcoming notice sent message so far, but as I said it was sent 1,5 hours after I was approved (sent 3 times :rolleyes: ). I wonder what comes next...

sismsim31, I see you already got a card production ordered message, I got welcoming notice sent message so far, but as I said it was sent 1,5 hours after I was approved (sent 3 times :rolleyes: ). I wonder what comes next...

Next comes the I-485 Approval Notice Sent (which means your GC is on the way! :D)

oh I see, Praetorian.... I forgot you're our expert ;) It is good to have an expert like you, and it's great you still hang around here with us :)

So until i get an approval notice email notification i shouldn't expect a GC in the mail or would the card production email be enough??

Well, the online update system CAN be messed up at times.. you never know what to expect... for example, I received an I-765 Approval Notice sent email THE SAME day I received the EAD by mail... so, they were delayed in the notification...

But, basically, you get the "card production ordered" email first... and once they have finished making your card (either EAD or GC) you get the "approval notice sent" and INSIDE that approval notice you will find your card.

So, I would say, NO, do not expect it until you get the "approval notice sent" email... but then again... that WAS NOT the case for my EAD. :rolleyes:

Not the case for my ead either got the card the same I got the approval notice so who knows
for the GC I got 4 emails so far lol :confused:

I got "approval notice sent" mails for both me and my daughter and card production ordered for both of us and "welcome" mails as well..........looks like somebody is in a bigger hurry than me!:D :D

Thanks MagdaJ.............thanks Bigtom..........i'm sure you'll be fine.....like i said before,i really feel if you are genuine,you have nothing to worry....the IOs can make that out too!

I just wanted to tell you that I got another LUD today, this time the email states that the card production has been ordered :D So everything seems to be moving smoothly...

Well, the online update system CAN be messed up at times.. you never know what to expect... for example, I received an I-765 Approval Notice sent email THE SAME day I received the EAD by mail... so, they were delayed in the notification...

But, basically, you get the "card production ordered" email first... and once they have finished making your card (either EAD or GC) you get the "approval notice sent" and INSIDE that approval notice you will find your card.

So, I would say, NO, do not expect it until you get the "approval notice sent" email... but then again... that WAS NOT the case for my EAD. :rolleyes:

Wow. That is good to know. They sent me quite a few e-mails. The last one was the approval noticed and I received it on 9/19. For some reason I though I got another e-mail about this. Also, I got a mail about the I-130 and I-145. I don't have it with me right now but I thought it said that I-145 was approved.
Now since the last update was 9/19 and it says I-145 was approved, this means my card is on the way!!!!! Excellent!

Thanks for the encouragement Simsim...
Hi guys i'm trying to put my folder together with the little joint items we have.
i will later post my list here for any advice.

I got "approval notice sent" mails for both me and my daughter and card production ordered for both of us and "welcome" mails as well..........looks like somebody is in a bigger hurry than me!:D :D

Congrats simsim! Thats great that you did not stuck in the name check :)

Neha

i am technically april filer but late april. I got my I130 approval notice last week and received the green card has been ordered today. my interview was on 9/20/07.

Hi everyone again, first of all congrats to all recent interviewees and new or name-checking pending residents! Thanks for providing your detailed experiences, especially k.ambrose for describing the experience for living-in-different-city couples (we'll have this situation) and to MagdaJ for describing to experience in San Antonio!

My wife and I are preparing for our interview on Wednesday and I'll post a more detailed list tonight on what we'll bring.

I have one question about the check list in the interview letter, pertaining to the I-864. I had previously skipped over this because we've submitted everything asked for with the original application, however I now noticed in the check list it asks for an "employer letter detailing hourly rate and average weekly hours." We don't have a separate employer letter, but my wife's earnings statements have her hourly rate and every day's hours worked printed on them, and we're taking 3 months worth of statements. Does anyone think this could cause complications at the interview? I don't want the IO to get stressed out by having to total the hours worked to get a weekly average (even though my wife has a simple fixed schedule), and my wife's overtime and shift differential complicates her pay rate too. But it's too late now to initiate an employer letter request because today is my wife's last work day before she drivers over to my town from where we'll to to the interview Wednesday morning. Any thoughts? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone again, first of all congrats to all recent interviewees and new or name-checking pending residents! Thanks for providing your detailed experiences, especially k.ambrose for describing the experience for living-in-different-city couples (we'll have this situation) and to MagdaJ for describing to experience in San Antonio!

My wife and I are preparing for our interview on Wednesday and I'll post a more detailed list tonight on what we'll bring.

I have one question about the check list in the interview letter, pertaining to the I-864. I had previously skipped over this because we've submitted everything asked for with the original application, however I now noticed in the check list it asks for an "employer letter detailing hourly rate and average weekly hours." We don't have a separate employer letter, but my wife's earnings statements have her hourly rate and every day's hours worked printed on them, and we're taking 3 months worth of statements. Does anyone think this could cause complications at the interview? I don't want the IO to get stressed out by having to total the hours worked to get a weekly average (even though my wife has a simple fixed schedule), and my wife's overtime and shift differential complicates her pay rate too. But it's too late now to initiate an employer letter request because today is my wife's last work day before she drivers over to my town from where we'll to to the interview Wednesday morning. Any thoughts? :confused:

I think you will be fine... though, in the worst case you can always submit the documents later... so ask your wife to request the letter anyways!