Any May filers around?

alsteg , not necessarily , I hope you do get stamped on the same day and not get stuck in this stupid namecheck

I certainly hope so :) thanks! I hope your name check clears soon...I'm very nervous already. I forgot to get another certified copy of our marriage certificate. I sent one along with the application. I'll have the original and a normal copy. Hope that'll be fine. We only have a joint bank account and insurance car policy (and with my maiden name). We just got pre-approved for home loan (this has my married name), and of course, photos together from our honeymoon and another trip we made on May, parties, etc...

there's something they for sure ask that I should be aware of? We first talk over the phone (a mutual friend put us on the phone) and then we met in person after a couple of weeks. I don't know if that'll make sense to the IO :confused:

Alsteg , you should be just fine , make sure whatever documents you have just make copies because the IO will keep them in your file :)

Guess what?! :D

I got my Green Card in the mail today!!!! :D :D :D

Yup. Only 5 days since production ordered, only 10 days since my infopass, and 20 since my interview :D

I got the Green Today :D

It surely does cheer me up (since I just got a molar tooth pulled out :()

Thanks for all of your support, I will not be coming here anymore, see you in 620 days (when I removed the conditions on the card!) ;) Hehehe, just kidding! :)

Congratulations Leleth !! njoi you freedom as a LPR

freedom? I went to my motor vehicle today because I was told last week that I-551 stamp is enough to get DL without ssn... and of course it wasn't ..... I got really upset and almost started to yell.... how come 10 days ago when I spoke to the supervisor it was perfeclty fine and today it wasn't ........ I AM REALLY ANGRY........

Praetorian -CONGRATULATIONS :)

........ I AM REALLY ANGRY........

Well, join the club... :mad: I am going to the SSA tomorrow with my shinny GC, to check on the status of my application. :cool:

ps: But I wonder, how is a Student F-1 visa (who does not work, no need for a SSN) or people who get EAD, supposed to drive... if we have to wait 4-6 weeks until they issue us a SSN... :rolleyes:

My Interview Experience

My wife and I arrived at the JFK Federal building at 2.00pm. Our appointment was for 2.30. After going through security, we sat down for about 20 and were called in by our IO, a middle aged woman. She took us to her office and made us swear the oath to tell the truth. She then started with her questions. She first asked my wife her full name and then me and address

The main questions were
1.She asked my wife my date of birth and asked me her date of birth
2. Where we met and where we married.

At this stage she started removing the I-94 from my passport.

After going through all the questions about terrorism, deportation and all that NO questions she asked for evidence of bona fide marriage.

We had the marriage cert, Sam's Club account, One bank account.

She asked for more and we told her that is all we had. She then said she expects us to be CREATIVE. She kept using that word and said she wants us bring some more like affidavits from people who know us and anything more that we can find. She kept using the word creative.

She gave us a doc saying we are to present more docs within 60 days. She said we could mail the evidence in but advised we bring it by hand.

We thanked her and promised her we will get more evidence in by next week.

So folks, thats our experience. We need ur support still.

it looks like she wanted to approve you guys but she wanted more evidence. Do you guys pay utility? rent/mortgage? car title? car insurance? health insurance? cable? cell phone? internet? pictures??

do you pay utilities? car insurance? health insurance? credit cards where you can add each others names?? i guess affidavits from ppl you both know?
is there a way you can gather all those docs?

Dee thanks a lot for your concern. My EAD card arrived last week and I applied for SSN last week. They promised me I was going to hear from them by Firday this week. As soon as that is done my wife will put me on her auto insurance, bank accounts, cell phone and home phone and her health insurance at her work place. In addition we tried to apply for life insurance with both as beneficiaries but they asked us to wait till I get my SSN. We are hoping that we can get the SSN by Friday so that we can put all these docs together by next week thursday and submit it. She added that we dont need to come together that anyone of us could submit and we should be fine. Thanks a lot once again for your support.