Any May filers around?

hmm , are you getting all other regular mails , i mean, if needed check with ur post office too , i think k.ambrose also has also not received the ead , i am sure its on its way

hmm , are you getting all other regular mails , i mean, if needed check with ur post office too , i think k.ambrose also has also not received the ead , i am sure its on its way

Ya I am getting all other regular mails - bills and crappy credit card offers but no EAD :(..

Hi!

I am currently experiencing a difficult situation. My husband and I will move to a different state. There will be only 10 business day from the day he moves to the interview day. He is currently self employed. Will he need to get a job in this new city before the interview to be able to show that he can support me? The time is too short for him to find a job (he is willing to find any job as the job he does best requires that he attends a 1 week training and there is not enough time for him to complete it). And if he ends up getting something, will a letter from the employer with the amount he will be making be sufficient? I know a lot of places pay biweekly and there might not be enough time for him to get his first pay check. Thank you.

Hi!

My husband and I will move to a different state. There will be only 10 business day from the day he moves to the interview day. He is currently self employed. Will he need to get a job in this new city before the interview to be able to show that he can support me?

He would not need to unless he cannot conduct his business in the new city. Do you have reasons to believe he will not be self-employed after the move?

The time is too short for him to find a job (he is willing to find any job as the job he does best requires that he attends a 1 week training and there is not enough time for him to complete it). And if he ends up getting something, will a letter from the employer with the amount he will be making be sufficient? I know a lot of places pay biweekly and there might not be enough time for him to get his first pay check. Thank you.

A letter from his future employer stating the nature of the job, how many hours he would be putting in per week, annual salary, start date, job responsibilites or basically an accepted job offer letter would be sufficient to show the interviewer that your husband is an eligible sponsor in my experience. Of course, this new job has to provide an income above the poverty limit unless you are adding your income to it. A letter from my husband (my sponsor) is what I sent in for the Affidavit of Support in my AOS package as my husband started a new job; we didn't have paystubs at that time.

Hope this helps you in some way. All the best in your upcoming interview :)

Is there anybody we can call to find about how long does it take the USCIS to verify the documents?? I don't even need a new number. I already have a SS #, I just lost the card, and need a replacement. They really do want to make us wait as long as possible:mad:

I just received an email stating that "approval notice sent" for my EAD; so I'm hoping it arrives here soon.

nehasharma, I noticed that your interview letter took some time to get to you as well. Do you think it's because you're all the way in the west coast? They're mailing out these mails from Lee's Summit in Missouri using USPS first-class mail :rolleyes: . Hope you get your EAD by the end of this week. Don't worry!

I just wanted to let you know that I got my EAD today!. So they ordered the card production on the 6th, on the 14th I got an approval email, and today I got the card, that was pretty fast, don't you think? I wish all the rest waiting for EADs to get them SOON! Good luck!

I just wanted to let you know that I got my EAD today!. So they ordered the card production on the 6th, on the 14th I got an approval email, and today I got the card, that was pretty fast, don't you think? I wish all the rest waiting for EADs to get them SOON! Good luck!

Congrats! :D

Hey MagdaJ, congratulations! :) Mine was sent yesterday, so that was great news as well :) Yeah, I totally agree, hope everyone's EAD reaches them soon. Again, congrats and all the best on the job front ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmmmm I just wanted to say hello and that I'm pregnant haha :) I just did a test and I'm still in shock...........
We have our interview on Monday and I wonder if a prgnancy test can be an evidence ;) just kidding :D