Any May filers around?

hmm Prat :p , went to the lawyer on sat , he reviewd all the docs and said we shud be fine , i just hope i get approved on august 22nd

Prat tell me one thing , the last lud received on my 485 was the day after the fingerprints , after that there was no lud , does that mean that the name check is pending ??

not necessarily. i only got 1 LUD after fingerprints and my namecheck cleared... do not worry :) you will be fine. Just make copies of everything for the IO and have them organized :)

no neha I havent received it . i received my AP though , hoepfully if the gc gets approved in august will travel to India soon otherwise will use the ap

Hello!

Could anyone let me know what would be a resonable amount of $ in the joint accout provided that my husband and I married in March of this year? I don't want to show too much or too little. Thanks in advance.

HI Neha,
I was going to ask you about your EAD card......don't worry,you should be getting it any day now.....after all they ordered it:)

Luci

me and my wife got married in may and we have merged all our payments together and pay from this account , like the utility bills , the rent ( cheques have both our names on it) all other bills like credit cards , fone bills everything is paid from the joint checking account , hope this helps

Thanks!

It is a savings account. So, basically, we used it to save money. Can I pay bills from savings? It's strange because my checking and joint savings are on the same card, and they normally substract $ from the checking? I'm confussed. I was under the impression, that the more they see in the account, the better.

make sure u carry the statements , if the statments have both ur names on it u shud be fine , but again showing them transactions is important , amount of money does not matter much , and this is not my advise my lawyer said these things , we had the same questions before

You should not use your savings account for transactions. It will cost you dearly. There is a federal law that I came to find out (the hard way) that when you make more than 6 withdraws a month from your bank, then they start charging you (around $30) every time you make another withdraw :eek:.

I ended up having to pay around $150 just for playing with my savings account.

My wife and I have 2 main checking accounts and our names shows in both of them. You can also get a letter from your bank, stating the balance, the owners and how long have you had the account.

It may or may not apply to everything or everybank, you need to check. This is just what they told me at US Bank... it has something to do with preventing fraud and money laundering... :p

Praetorian, I already feel better. This is what I intend to do. Get a bank statement/letter from the bank stating the date when the account was open, the beneficieries (my husband and I), and the current amount. Will this do? Muchas gracias.