Any May filers around?

Rescheduling of 485 worked, however also got a FP notice of EAD. I never heard of that. I am a bit perplexed?

Any advice or similar situtation. I did apply for 765 after applying for 485.

Did it come on the same NOA? They have different FP requirements for I-485 and I-765, I believe it's ten fingerprints for I-485 and two thumbprints for I-765, therefore both are listed separately. But mine are done at the same appointment.

I had my Biometrics (I-485) before I applied for EAD... But they took all kinds of finger prints... I would guess that they are done?

Do not reschedule your interview. It is bad karma. (if you believe in it! :p)

I would rather change travel plans...

I think in my case it would be bad karma to not show my wife the location I'd picked out for our church wedding next year, and to not visit my parents every other year as their only child! It was difficult to coordinate four people's (mine, my wife's, my dad's, my best friend's in Austria) work schedules so we have a couple of weeks to spend together and the next opportunity would be in winter, and there's not a lot to do in Austria then except huddle together to stay warm. :D

I think worst case we'd have enough time to completely re-file our case in September and get an EAD before December when my H-1B expires.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Praetorian Guard (in Latin: praetoriani) consisted of a special force of bodyguards used by Roman Emperors. Before being used by the emperors, a Roman general's bodyguard, also styled the praetorian guard, was employed, dating at least to the Scipio family — around 275 BC. Constantine I dissolved it in the 4th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praetorian_Guard

Thanks for the history lesson, Praetorian - on a related note, my wife and I might visit the Roman army camp Carnuntum this summer during our trip. Do we have your permission to travel now? ;)

Sure, just bring me a souvenir ;)

BTW, YAY :D I got an email saying:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed. :D

On June 4, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. Blah blah blah...

So now, let's just wait... some more :)

Last edited by a moderator:
just mailed in my RFE

for some reason i don't get email notification :confused:, or should i have gotten one for the RFE and LUDs?

Sure, just bring me a souvenir ;)

BTW, YAY :D I got an email saying:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed. :D

On June 4, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. Blah blah blah...

So now, let's just wait... some more :)
Did you have to send your RFE back to Lee's summit or chicago?

Notice returned as undeliverable

I received an update for all of my 3 cases. I haven't moved or change my name or anything like that, I called my attorney and they recieved all the paperwork, I also received the 3 NOA and the BIO appointment, I called USCIS and spoke to officer, they said the last communication they sent me was the BIO appt. and to ignore those emails.. should I be worry about it?

Thanks.

- email from uscis -
Current Status: Notice returned as undeliverable.

On May 30, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

No email updates

Is it normal for the USCIS to forget to send email updates ? I'm not getting any even after i opted for it twice although when i check on the website,case has been updated.

BTW Praetorian,i didnt think people know the background when they chose screen names.....you are one knowledgeable guy:)

just mailed in my RFE

for some reason i don't get email notification :confused:, or should i have gotten one for the RFE and LUDs?

You will get an email notification when they receive it and resume your case (or a day after, like in my case) if you only sent it yesterday you are being unpatient... give it a week or two. :cool:

You will get an email notification when they receive it and resume your case (or a day after, like in my case) if you only sent it yesterday you are being unpatient... give it a week or two. :cool:
lol i wasnt talking about what i sent today.

Like i dont get any email notification when i get LUD's or for the RFE i didnt get any email notification i just got a nice little pink surprise in the mail lol.
but yeah patience is my middle name lol.

Is it normal for the USCIS to forget to send email updates ? I'm not getting any even after i opted for it twice although when i check on the website,case has been updated.

Has the message on the I-485 has changed from "received and pending" ? if not I would not expect any e-mails. I think they only send emails (automatically maybe) when the message changes.

I have heard that sometimes the information on the online status is not up-to-date. So, I would not worry... but I would call my DO and inquire about the status of that I-485 if I were you.

lol i wasnt talking about what i sent today.

Like i dont get any email notification when i get LUD's or for the RFE i didnt get any email notification i just got a nice little pink surprise in the mail lol.
but yeah patience is my middle name lol.

Well, I have had 3 LUDs on my I-485 and I-130. But only received 1 email. For the RFE received.

My bet is, that they only email you when the "message" on your case changes... like mine, from "case received and pending" to "rfe received and case processing resumed".

So that may be why? :cool:

Well, I have had 3 LUDs on my I-485 and I-130. But only received 1 email. For the RFE received.

My bet is, that they only email you when the "message" on your case changes... like mine, from "case received and pending" to "rfe received and case processing resumed".

So that may be why? :cool:
lol ok well that makes sense if it works that way. we shall see when they acknowledge receipt.

Guys,
My updated timeline.

2007:
DO - Dover, DE
24 May - Mailed to Chicago I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765
28 May - Package arrived in Chicago
04 June - All checks cashed