Any May filers around?

So we are next.... :) Thursday at 8 Am is the day

I'm preparing all of the docs for next week, this is what we have...
Since the SS is very fresh these are the only thing we were able to come up with.

* Join Bank Account with Statments.
* Home owners Insurance.
* ID Card with proof of Address.
* Planty of family photos from over three years, we will be going to Vegas over this weekend and we will have more photos.

We are going to Poland Sep12 of this year to plan out church wedding ceremony for next year, we also have the invitations ready for all of the guests should I bring them as a proof, or that would bring more questions & problems, Should I also bring receipts for the plane tickets for Vegas and Poland?

Any other sugestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I will get my dreen card in mail tomorrow because we are planning to go to Canada over the weekend, and I don't want to have any problems on the border showing my I-551 stamp ......

btw.... we went to Niagara Falls 2 years ago and got on the rainbow bridge (border with canada) by accident.... instead of pulling back ( too dangerous) we pulled over to duty free store (the only exit from the store was on the canadian side) ...and we did not have any documents (my husband did not take his green card with him because we did not plan crossing the border and I did not have papers at all)..... I started to cry on the parking of the duty free store and decided to run towards the u.s side through some kind of bushes.............. I sat down on the bench and prepared for hours of waiting for my husband who has just crossed the border..... he turned around on the canadian side and went through few hours long inspection.... and finally they let him go.............................after that I decided that I would never go there anymore...... but I recently changed my mind.....

I hope I will get my dreen card in mail tomorrow because we are planning to go to Canada over the weekend, and I don't want to have any problems on the border showing my I-551 stamp ......

btw.... we went to Niagara Falls 2 years ago and got on the rainbow bridge (border with canada) by accident.... instead of pulling back ( too dangerous) we pulled over to duty free store (the only exit from the store was on the canadian side) ...and we did not have any documents (my husband did not take his green card with him because we did not plan crossing the border and I did not have papers at all)..... I started to cry on the parking of the duty free store and decided to run towards the u.s side through some kind of bushes.............. I sat down on the bench and prepared for hours of waiting for my husband who has just crossed the border..... he turned around on the canadian side and went through few hours long inspection.... and finally they let him go.............................after that I decided that I would never go there anymore...... but I recently changed my mind.....

Was it that bad? :eek:

Congrats to everyone who received their EAD's and GC approvals during our three week vacation!

Here's a little story of how we re-entered the country. As some of you have noted previously, only one customs form per family is required, yet if you have to separate into the visitor and us citizen lines, they want to see one form for each person. And so it also happened to us. There was a lady who apparently worked there and instructed people in broken English who stood in line to fill something into the back portion of the I-94 card that stated "for government use only." I chose to ignore whatever she said (I didn't even have a pen on me because I had filled everything out per instruction already anyway). She also asked for the customs form and I explained it's with my wife because we are one family and she gave me a new blank form, then another lady asked me about the customs form and asked "Well, where is your wife?" and then coincidentally I saw that my wife was up next in the citizen line just next to me. I went over there to tell her they are giving me problems and if she wants to come to the visitor line with me, but then they told me to just stay in the citizen line with her.

So I went through the citizen line, of course also with the back portion of the I-94 not filled out (which I'm not supposed to do anyway, but maybe they are trying to speed up the line), and the officer was pretty pissed. He asked me what I do for my company and told me "he's giving up on the whole H-1B program." He said there are thousands of Americans in my profession out of a job and considers it an abuse of the H-1B program. Then he proceeded to stamp my I-94 and handed my passport back to me. I even asked if he wanted to see my I-485 receipt notice but he wasn't interested at all.

This certainly didn't make me feel welcome, but later I realized that this particular port of entry was in an area where there are indeed a lot of layoffs in my occupation this year, so I understood the officer's reaction better.

Here are a couple of updates on my own status ... my EAD was approved Aug. 23 and card production ordered Aug. 27 during our absence. We also received the interview letter, dated Aug. 16, and I picked it up from the post office along with all the other held mail. Our interview will be on Sept 26!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to everyone who received their EAD's and GC approvals during our three week vacation!

Here's a little story of how we re-entered the country. As some of you have noted previously, only one customs form per family is required, yet if you have to separate into the visitor and us citizen lines, they want to see one form for each person. And so it also happened to us. There was a lady who apparently worked there and instructed people in broken English who stood in line to fill something into the back portion of the I-94 card that stated "for government use only." I chose to ignore whatever she said (I didn't even have a pen on me because I had filled everything out per instruction already anyway). She also asked for the customs form and I explained it's with my wife because we are one family and she gave me a new blank form, then another lady asked me about the customs form and asked "Well, where is your wife?" and then coincidentally I saw that my wife was up next in the citizen line just next to me. I went over there to tell her they are giving me problems and if she wants to come to the visitor line with me, but then they told me to just stay in the citizen line with her.

So I went through the citizen line, of course also with the back portion of the I-94 not filled out (which I'm not supposed to do anyway, but maybe they are trying to speed up the line), and the officer was pretty pissed. He asked me what I do for my company and told me "he's giving up on the whole H-1B program." He said there are thousands of Americans in my profession out of a job and considers it an abuse of the H-1B program. Then he proceeded to stamp my I-94 and handed my passport back to me. I even asked if he wanted to see my I-485 receipt notice but he wasn't interested at all.

This certainly didn't make me feel welcome, but later I realized that this particular port of entry was in an area where there are indeed a lot of layoffs in my occupation this year, so I understood the officer's reaction better.

Here are a couple of updates on my own status ... my EAD was approved Aug. 23 and card production ordered Aug. 27 during our absence. We also received the interview letter, dated Aug. 16, and I picked it up from the post office along with all the other held mail. Our interview will be on Sept 26!

Welcome back Austriacus! we missed you! we are so glad you made it back safely... :) can't wait to see the pictures... ;)

There, that is your warmer official welcome to the US :D

Well, I truly am glad you guys made it. I became a PR 23 days ago :) and I miss checking my mailbox everyday (and the USCIS online status 10 times a day) but oh well, life is good.

Welcome back!

Handle --------------- AOS ND ---- AOS ID ---------- Result ---- Interview Link
Mishumishu ---------- May 16 ----- Jul 17 ---------- Approved
shinkansen ----------- May 02 ----- Jul 26 ---------- Approved
PraetorianXI --------- May 08 ----- Aug 07 --------- Approved
mpanati -------------- May 10 ----- Aug 07 ---------- Aproved
mamtashok ---------- May 08 ----- Aug 09 ---------- Approved name check pending
IrishDMBF ----------- May 22 ------ Aug 13 ---------- Approved
leleth ----------------- May 10 ----- Aug 20 ---------- Approved
franticsky------------ May 23 ------Aug 22 ---------- Approved name check pending
ktrueson ------------ May 02 ------ Aug 22 ----------- Approved
rukna --------------- May 04 -------- Aug 23 --------- Approved name check pending
nehasharma -------- May 21 ------ Aug 24 ----------- Approved name check pending
adom.2007 ---------- May 14 ----- Aug 27 ---------- Pending further evidence
ndp125 --------------- May 16 ------ Aug 28 --------- Approved name check pending
alsteg ---------------- May 24 ----- Aug 29 --------- Approved
Tommy_Chicago ----- May 07 ----- Sep 06 ---------- Pending
Luci_merlion -------- May 21 ----- Sep 10 ---------- Pending
Tairaesias ----------- May 07 ----- Sep 12 ---------- Pending
k.ambrose ----------- Jun 01 ----- Sep 12 ---------- Pending
dee2006 ------------- May 14 ----- Sep 13 ---------- Pending
MagdaJ -------------- Jun 01 ------ Sep 17 ---------- Pending
simsim31 ------------ May 25 ----- Sep 18 ---------- Pending
austriacus ----------- May 21 ----- Sep 26 ---------- Pending
roshlimbo ------------ May 11 ----- Oct 9 ----------- Pending

Thanks Praetorian, that was indeed a much warmer welcome! :)

Congrats to your new job as a photographer, I think you'd be proud of some of the perspective pictures we took ... me appearing to standing with one foot on a castle looking like a giant, or appearing to grab the rotor blades of a huge windmill, or appearing to lean on the roof of my grandma's house, ... and my poor wife having to take them over and over again until I thought they looked perfect, and people that walked by wondering what we were doing with our camera. :D

Hi Austriacus!!! I am glad you're back and that you had a great trip. I kind of missed you because you're the only one that will go to the interview in San Antonio like me!!! I am glad you got your EAD and interview date, so I will be interviewed 9 days before you. Don't worry, I will tell you all the details ;-)

Welcome back!

I'm preparing all of the docs for next week, this is what we have...
Since the SS is very fresh these are the only thing we were able to come up with.

* Join Bank Account with Statments.
* Home owners Insurance.
* ID Card with proof of Address.
* Planty of family photos from over three years, we will be going to Vegas over this weekend and we will have more photos.

We are going to Poland Sep12 of this year to plan out church wedding ceremony for next year, we also have the invitations ready for all of the guests should I bring them as a proof, or that would bring more questions & problems, Should I also bring receipts for the plane tickets for Vegas and Poland?

Any other sugestions?
Good luck Tommy!!!
Of course, bring all what you have.. it shouldn't hurt but only help... I am also thinking about bringing printouts of different flights' confirmations from various trips me and my husband took (I am not sure if I have all the boarding passes). I don't have too many documents,either, but I will try to apply for a driver license before the interview, I already started studying the driver's manual:eek:

foipa requesta to fbi

Praetorian

when u submitted your foipa to the fbi request , did you notarize the form and then send it ?

Thanks