Any interviews in LA OFFICE

Congrats!!!!!!

Dil said:
Hello:
I have received a letter from USCIS Santa Ana office to come for interview on 8/31/05. My I-485 and I-140 was submitted to USCIS CSC on 4/14/2004, while the I-140 was approved on 12/14/2005 the I-485 for myself and family was transferred to local office for interview. Now, the interview is scheduled I am happy to look forward to it.
Thanks
Dil

Could you please keep us posted?????

Congrats!!!!

Hi Dil,

Congratulations!!!!

You have my best wishes. I am sure all will go well, just stay positive.

Best Wishes,

Interview in Santa Ana Office today

Hello:
I went for interview with my family to Santa Ana Office. The young officer was polite, nice, and considerate. He took the oath, got some statement yes or no, and then looked at my file and asked simple questions. CSC was not too sure about the status, so they sent the file to local office.

He approved the green card application, and asked us to go for second finger priting, and wait for the green card in the mail in October. He said that if we donot get green card by middle of the October then check with the local office. He said the rest is clerical function, awaiting for the visa number availability.

I am happy that this ordeal is behind us, and hoping to get green card in October. Best of luck to everyone, and I will update status when I will get the green card.

Thanks
Dil

Last edited by a moderator:
interview at LA office

just had my interview on tuesday (august 30 for EB3-sched A) my PD is july 2004. I was so nervous awaiting the interview date because I lost my original I-94 and I was scared that my adjudication officer will not be "considerate" as to accept my copy of the I-94.

Anyways, I got there at 9:30. INside the bldg at 10am. Waited for 2 hours! and when my number came up i was trembling as i went to my booth. WHen i showed my approval letter to her, the next thing she asked was " do you have your photos? " . SHe then asked for my ID, passport, had my FP and sig taken and she stamped my passport valid for 6 mos and even told me i should receive the card next month. SHE WAS SO NICE. took 5 mins max. after she handed me my PP, she even told me " congratulations ma'am, you're now A PR! you can go home and back here without any problems" I felt like crying my eyes out. Goodbye sleepless nights!

I will include in my prayer everybody who is awaiting interview. MAy everybody here be successful. This forum has been a great help. god bless us all! :)

Interview at Local Los Angeles Office

I finally had my interview on September 1st 2005 at the Los Angeles office. The officer was very nice and polite, just asked me a to swear to tell the truth, asked me a few questions in the lines of arrest, ever been married etc told me that my back ground check was cleared, finger printed me and stamped my passport. It was simply amazing and took about 15 minutes.
I am so glad that this process over.

My best wishes to all of you that are still waiting. I know you will all be done real soon.

Cheers!!!!

Congratulations Caliman

Great news. I assume that you are in Eb2 for your passport was stamped. Enjoy your freedom.
Thanks
Dil

Congrats Cali-man

Congratulation man!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got a RFE for my i-140, yeah I am way behind everyone else...anyways what this RFE could be about????we recently had a merger hmmmmmm

Rfe

I got a RFE for my I-140, ability to pay...this is very strange cuz my company generates 20 bill a year...what is the turn around...Do you guys know????

Does this mean file transfered to local office?

Got this message yesterday from CSC. "This file is being relocated to be joined with the A file and then it will be processed". Could anybody tell me what does it mean? Many thanks.

Green Card Received

I just received my Green Card in the mail today. My best wishes to everyone that is still waiting, hopefully you will all be done soon.

I-140 approved

My I-140 got approved yesterday after a year of waiting (after RFE).

I-140 RD is Oct-5th 2004
I've had my I-485 interview in July-2005, the office said everything looks good.

Will be waiting for A numbers I guess

Original PD is Nov-2001

Finally GC Approved

On September 1st 2006 we rushed to LA office via InfoPass. After confirmed that our PD is current, an officer (a nice lady) sent us to the Status Adjustment Interview Office (in 8th floor).
About 40 minutes later, we were told that they wouldn’t find our files, we had to wait until 30 days, I explained to the supervisor that who knows what would happen 30 days later, we had been waiting for over 5 years, we couldn’t miss this chance, the supervisor said we would wait here and they continued to try until 3:30pm (office close time). After about 6 hours long-waiting, our files were found, the officer apologized for the long waiting and issued us the finger print notices immediately, he told us that we could come back on 15th, September to get our cases approved.
We took our fingerprints (only) on 5th September.
On 15th September, we went to the Status Adjustment Interview office (LA District) directly, the same officer checked out that our fingerprints were cleared, the officer spent about two hours to process our cases and stamped our passports (I-551), because we had an emergency trip. We were told that we would receive our green cards shortly.

LA_GC485
--------------------------------------------------
EB3 Concurrent (China)
L.C. PD: Nov. 2001
I-140/I-485 RD: Oct. 2003
I-140 Approved: Jan. 2004
I-485 cases transferred to LA local office: Aug. 2004
Interview date: Jul. 2005
PD current: Sep. 2006
2nd Finger Print: Sep 05, 2006
I-485 Approved: Sep 15, 2006
GC Received: ??