Any interviews in LA OFFICE

lorestan

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
Has anyone had interview with LA OFFICE lately. I feel like my case was the only case that was transfered to LA OFFICE.

I-140/I-485 RD OCT-2004

I-485 was transfered on Feb-16th to LA

AP ----I got RFE and responded in JAN-5th---no news yet

Question: What causes the case to be transfered to the local office (Nationality, criminal record or....)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Any Interview in LA?

Hello:
I have not heard for a long time any activity in Los Angeles or interviews being conducted. I am just wondering if any one has any update. My I-140 is approved, and I-485 was transferred to LA office on 12/14/04. I have been told that my file is physically in Santa Ana office. I am wondering when they will schedule interview. I was told that it takes 3 months, but I am still waiting for an interview in the fourth month.
Thanks
Dil

Any LA Interviews

What is going on with the INS????When are we going to get some interview dates????

Interview.

Hi,

My interview is schedule for next week. April 19th, 2005.I received my letter a month ago.

Will keep you posted.

Chantilly.

Hi chantilly

chantilly said:
Hi,

My interview is schedule for next week. April 19th, 2005.I received my letter a month ago.

Will keep you posted.

Chantilly.

How long did you have to wait before you got the interview letter? When did your case transfer to LA OFFICE???

GOOD LUCK TO U!!!!!!

Lorestan,

My case was transferred to LA office on December 29th, 04. I received my letter about a month ago. My attorney received it two weeks before I received mine in my mail box.

Good luck to you too, I know how hard it is.

Chantilly

Thanks for the prompt response!!!!

chantilly said:
Lorestan,

My case was transferred to LA office on December 29th, 04. I received my letter about a month ago. My attorney received it two weeks before I received mine in my mail box.

Good luck to you too, I know how hard it is.

Chantilly

Please give us an update of how your case went with the officer.

Best Regards,

Waiting for Interview Call Yet!

My I-485 was transferred to LA office and then to Santa Ana Office on December 14, 2004 and still waiting for interview. I did not get any update from status enquiry requested earlier.

Dil

Interview

Yes, I have interview in the first week of June 2005, Our case was transferred to LA, in the first week of Nov2004. It has taken 7 Months.

Transfer to Los Angeles Office

Congratulations MyPlace!!!!
Good luck with your interview :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My case was transferred to LA district office on 4/29/2005. Guess have to wait several months.

Guys, please post your experiences, which will surely help us. Thanks.

Approved on the interview.

Our interview was over. There was a long wait (3 hours) better than 3 year waiting. Stamped at the end of the inerview.
Just regular Question?
Who do you work for, Who sponsored you on H1B first, HOw Long you have been on H1 with your current emplyr, Have you been on status continuously.

Have copies of all i-94. Have copies all your H1 b approvals. if employment based, Make sure you Attorney has done your degree evaluation, if possible ake copy of that.

W2s and Tax returns are must.

Goodluck to you all.

Tax return?

By tax returns, you mean the personal copies we make before sending the originals to IRS?

Thanks.

Yes, I took my personal copies. However, I was told that some officers would ask for tax return copies from IRS. You can call 1800-.. for the IRS and get all your tax reurn copies.

myplace said:
Yes, I took my personal copies. However, I was told that some officers would ask for tax return copies from IRS. You can call 1800-.. for the IRS and get all your tax reurn copies.

Thanks, myplace. I got script from irs, and hopefully that will do.

I-485 Transferred to local office - Los Angeles

I Have NOT yet received any interview letter !
What I should do ?
Any help will be appreciated.
140 Approved : Jan. 2004
485 cases transferred to local office : Aug. 2004
Interview Letter received : ???

Hi there

Our interview leters were received today. Interview date is 07/13/05

LA_GC485
----------------------------------------------
EB3 Concurrent
140/485 RD: Oct. 2003
140 Approved : Jan. 2004
485 cases transferred to local office : Aug. 2004

Interrview pending at Santa Ana office

I have today gone to Santa Ana office to inquire about my status on my I-485 application. The lady I spoke to was very helpful, and she looked into the computer and told me that background and name checks are updated, and I should expect an interview letter within 2 months. My I-140 was approved in Dec 2004 and I-485 was forwarded to LA and then Santa Ana office in Dec 2004. My I-485 RD is 4/2004.

She also said that I may get approval from Santa Ana without interview too, but only after the visa availability for EB-3. I assume that it takes about 7-8 months of waiting for them to schedule interview. I wish it could have been sooner but this is not the case.

Thanks
Dil
I-140 and I-485 RD 4/22/04
I-140 approved without RFE 12/14/2004
I-485 transferred to Santa Ana on 12/14/2004
Second I-765 approved on 5/13/2005