Any interviews in LA OFFICE

Case transferred to the Los Angeles office

Thanks for the update Dil, waiting for another 2 months seems like a long time after we have already waited for so long now.

My case was tranferred to the Los Angeles Office on January, 2005.
When I called the INS sometime ago they told me that my background check was cleared in January 2005 and they would send an send an inquiry to the local office. They also did mention that my case might get approved without an interview since it is emplyoment based. Well since then I have not heard back from the INS.

I guess its going to be a long wait for all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are there any August 2004 cases that have not received and interview yet?
Please let me know. I just don't get it....not sure what is going on with the INS.

EB3 Interview, but no visa number

Got interview today, it was pretty smooth, but our cases are still pending because of no visa number. I was told that making an infopass appointment to local office when visa number is available and no more interview is needed.

LA_GC485
-----------------------------------------
EB3 Concurrent
L.C. PD: Nov. 2001
140/485 RD: Oct. 2003
140 Approved : Jan. 2004
485 cases transferred to local office : Aug. 2004
Interview Letter received : Jun. 2005
Scheduled interview date: Jul. 2005

Hi LA_GC485
First of all let me say congrats to you.
Can you pls let us know what is the reason for ur transfer to local office for interview.
I guess people come to know abt the reason for transfers, in interview.

BTW is there anyway to know why any case is transfered to local office.
(Actually for canada we have CAIPSNOTES tells us why interview is needed. I am wondering there is any for US interviews.)

Thanks alot in advance for ur info.

Congratulations LA_GC485 !!!!
Glad you got done with the interview atleast. How will you know when they get visa numbers, will they inform you?

My case update

Just to give you guys an update regarding my case:

My case was transfered to LA OFFICE in Feb-16th 2005. I have not heard anything else regarding my case. I have an Infopass for next week and I will update the forum regarding that.

RD- Oct5th 2004
Own labor

Thanks in advance!

Did they ask for the original Birth Certificate?

LA_GC485 said:
Got interview today, it was pretty smooth, but our cases are still pending because of no visa number. I was told that making an infopass appointment to local office when visa number is available and no more interview is needed.

LA_GC485
EB3 Concurrent
Scheduled interview date: Jul. 2005

First of all, let me say congrats. My question is if they asked you for your original Birth Certificate????

Cali_Man said:
Congratulations LA_GC485 !!!!
Glad you got done with the interview atleast. How will you know when they get visa numbers, will they inform you?

Hi Cali_man,
The examiner said I have to keep checking the Visa Bulletins from US State Dept.

LA_GC485
EB3 Concurrent
Interview date: Jul 13, 2005

lorestan said:
First of all, let me say congrats. My question is if they asked you for your original Birth Certificate????

Hi there,
I brought all the original files according to the list from LA office, but the officer didn't ask any originals, just collected some copies from my lawyer:
1).Employer's and my tax return (3 years);
2).Letter of employment;
3).Paycheck stubs (2 months)
4).Marriage certificate;
5).Birth certificates (all the members);
6).I-94, EAD (all the members);
7).Evidence of bona fide marriage: joint bank, child birth certificate, investments proof, auto insurance, lease agreement.
Hope it will help.

LA_GC485
EB3 Concurrent
485 AD: ??

Thanks and Good luck with A number fiasco

LA_GC485 said:
Hi there,
I brought all the original files according to the list from LA office, but the officer didn't ask any originals, just collected some copies from my lawyer:
1).Employer's and my tax return (3 years);
2).Letter of employment;
3).Paycheck stubs (2 months)
4).Marriage certificate;
5).Birth certificates (all the members);
6).I-94, EAD (all the members);
7).Evidence of bona fide marriage: joint bank, child birth certificate, investments proof, auto insurance, lease agreement.
Hope it will help.

LA_GC485
EB3 Concurrent
485 AD: ??

I got an interview

I got an interview letter in my mailbox today...I can not belive it...I have an interview next week. I can not belive this, after a decade of working hard and planing,,,,the day has come...I will keep you guys posted as to how it goes...My hear goes out to every sigle one of you...I hope we all get approved soon...

BTW, the online crap has not changed for neither one...still says that I am a stupid immigrant that doesn't deserve a GC...Anyways, I hope that will all change soon...

Later

Best of luck to you

Great news....Your interview next week. Are you EB3, and what happened to your I-140. I am still waiting for an interview call from Santa Ana office since 12/14/2004 when my file was transferred there.
Thanks
Dil

I-140 not approved yet

Dil said:
Great news....Your interview next week. Are you EB3, and what happened to your I-140. I am still waiting for an interview call from Santa Ana office since 12/14/2004 when my file was transferred there.
Thanks
Dil

My understanding is that they process I-485 and that is it, I could be wrong. Yes, I am EB3 and I am going to SA for interview...They are messed up man...My online status has not changed what so ever...

Interview Scheduling

So you got only one week notice, that is amazing. Or you got the interview letter late. In my case, I have my I-140 approved. I understand that online status for cases transferred to local office is not updated. How do you know that they are messed up? Did you create any stirr to get your interview call. I am sitting tight so far.
Thanks
Dil

lorestan said:
My understanding is that they process I-485 and that is it, I could be wrong. Yes, I am EB3 and I am going to SA for interview...They are messed up man...My online status has not changed what so ever...

Congatilations !!!!

Congratulations Lorestan.....this is really great news....:)
Please post your comments after your interview.

we'll see

I am still trying to gather more docs for the interview. We don't want to give them one more reason to delay our cases, thats all...
I said they are messed up because I think it pure luck to get something going with them. I can't find logical reasoning or even a trend behind their GC process (in most cases). One thing I have done lately is to contact my U.S. Rep.

I will give you guys an update AS SOON AS I have my interview.

Later

Any Interviews in Los Angeles

Hi Lorestan,

How did you contact the U.S. Rep?
And when did you contact them?

my interview

1.5 hous of asking questions...The officer wasn't that freindly
asked: how did you get this job? Why do you think that you qualify for this job? How many people like you do you guys have in your company? Where did you get your experince? I am like I have an approved LC, well I didn't say that...
Anyways, at the end he told me that everything looks good...he said that my I-140 has not been processed yet...there is no A numbers and they don't have my name check...yadiyadiyda...go and wait for a long time...I still don't know why I got the interview?????
He told me that I am a special case so don't worry guys...
I emailed I-140 guys and the fbi for a case status...
Good luck to all of you!

Interview scheduled 8/31/05

Hello:
I have received a letter from USCIS Santa Ana office to come for interview on 8/31/05. My I-485 and I-140 was submitted to USCIS CSC on 4/14/2004, while the I-140 was approved on 12/14/2005 the I-485 for myself and family was transferred to local office for interview. Now, the interview is scheduled I am happy to look forward to it.
Thanks
Dil