Any I-140/I-485 Concurrently appoved case in NSC???

AM GONNA STOP FOLLOWING NSC approvals

I have stopped looking at this damn thing.....todays aila report says their current processing times is 9/15/2003 for skilled labour. I am just gonna check my hotmail box to see if the USCIS website sends me email about my Approved/RFE'd 140/485.

This Sucks !!!

RD March 2004 140/485 concurrent filing
EAD - DONE
FP - DONE and Status changed
AP - Pending.

naanshi said:
After CSC and VSC, there is a I-140/I-485 approval for TSC also. Only NSC is left. What is happening to NSC????? :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused:

It is going to pour at NSC(it can be tommorow,next month or next year or may be even next decade). Just kidding folks, trying to be patient.

Its very frustrating to not know whats going on in the NSC. This is clearly exploitation to the core. One thing that should not be allowed in the BCIS is lack of visibility. NSC can pretty much do what it wants now. It is very discouraging to see concurrent approvals all over the place but not in the NSC. I hope and pray that things improve soon.

Who cares about concurrent approval??? Some of us here are in danger here of losing our jobs .All we want is our 140.Still waiting from November.Ohata memo is more a pain than a boon.

gcbandwagon said:
Who cares about concurrent approval??? Some of us here are in danger here of losing our jobs .All we want is our 140.Still waiting from November.Ohata memo is more a pain than a boon.

Nobody could describe my frustation better!!! My case is from Feb/04. My plant is closing (I am a contract). My company could transfer me only for direct hiring. NSC is stuck on NOV/03 cases. Only a miracle could approved my I-140 by the end of this month. I very ancious to kick my contractor (the meadle man does not care a me at all). I can not wait to use ACT21.

Hi, Valcris29,

Check the old posting. There is a guy called Cocktail who had the RD: 2/12 got his I-140 approved on 6/30.

Good luck to you, buddy.

fiveice

naanshi,

Regarding your reply to GCwantsme.....

"3. What is the scene with respect to AC21
***** Depending upon the attorney's view. No clear law. I still feel that 180 days and same or similar job should matter. I-140 approval does not matter."

My question :

In AC21 the rule doesn't say that 140 has to be approved. But isn't there a chance of the employer revoking the 140 if it is not approved even though you cross 180 days on 485 pending case?

Thanks.

GC Leke Jao,

Revoking means withdrawing an Approved Case.
Withdrawing means withdrawing a Pending Case.

Again the main purpose of AC21 is that after 180 days nobody should have any control over the I-485 applicants. After 180 days if the employer withdraws or revokes , it does not matter.

Just my views. Talk to your attorney.

naanshi.

GC Leke Jao,

naanshi is right. There is no mention of 140 approval in AC-21. Only reason why people are needed to stay with employer till 140 approval is due to the fact that if there is any RFE, employer should respond. If your employer is willing to provide you with such a deserved pleasure - there is no reason why there could be any issue.

So, in summary to change your employer using AC-21 :

Minimum requirement : 180 days after I-485 notice date
Additional to be safe : I-140 Approval

GC Leke Jao said:
So, in summary to change your employer using AC-21 :

Minimum requirement : 180 days after I-485 notice date
Additional to be safe : I-140 Approval

One More....

If you want to be very very safe then wait for I-485 approval. Because AC21 with I-140 approval also not yet fully clear.

yeah..yeah...yeah..we can go on...if you want to VERY VERY VERY VERY safe, then wait until you get your citizanship :) Just trying to make a joke after seeing all these delays in I-140 approvals !!

Well, I see now that the only problem using AC21 when I-140 not approved is when we get RFEs and the employer is not willing to support.

I would like to know if any one used AC21 in this group to change employers under similar conditions. (Concurrently filed, 180 days passed on I-485 and I-140 not approved).

Thanks all for your input.

I did. But I don't know the outcome of that. After seeing my approval or denial letter only I can make sure what I did is right or wrong.

naanshi.

Naanshi,
Good Luck !!
I just went thr' your other postings. Looks like you were waiting since a long time.
I wish you all the best.
Thanks for your prompt responses.

Maybe I am asking this question in the wrong thread and naanshi will certainly know if that is the case.

If I-140 approval were a requirement for AC-21, why would the AC-21 even be issued before the 140 is approved?

bigbadwolf said:
Maybe I am asking this question in the wrong thread and naanshi will certainly know if that is the case.

If I-140 approval were a requirement for AC-21, why would the AC-21 even be issued before the 140 is approved?

You are getting confused. AC-21 is not a 'form' or any other physical thing that is 'issued'. It is a soon-to-be law (yes amazingly its still not officialy a law) that you can use. When this was written concurrent filing of I-140 and 485 was not possible, so in summary it simply states after 180 days of 485 filing, a person can change to a similar job. Since back then 485 could only be filed after approval of I-140, that is why the confusion remains, because things have changed since AC-21 was written. Basically, this leaves the interpretation to the officer, whether an approved I-140 is required or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the your relations with Ex Employer (who sponsored GC)? Try to be friendly.

On response to Choices of Ans You/I expect is C

Last edited by a moderator:
i am in the same boat.....waiting for I-140 (filed on 10/21/03 with I-485)
I am going to change job and persuade my current employer to support my
I-140 if it is not approved before I leave him.

In life, we need to take chances. JO DAAR GAYA, WOH MAR GAYA.. :eek: