Any guidelines from USCIS when to apply EAD

pacha_card

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

My EAD is expiring on 09/20/2005, but I am not using EAD, curently I am on H1 status using my 7th year extension. I would like apply my EAD by 3 rd week of August. In this regard I would like to know are there any guidelines from USCIS when to apply EAD. Some thing like we have to apply 90 days before the EAD expire date. Also if any case my filing get delays and I apply after EAD expiry date that is 09/20, would there be any issues ?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

- VG

pacha_card said:
Hello All,

My EAD is expiring on 09/20/2005, but I am not using EAD, curently I am on H1 status using my 7th year extension. I would like apply my EAD by 3 rd week of August. In this regard I would like to know are there any guidelines from USCIS when to apply EAD. Some thing like we have to apply 90 days before the EAD expire date. Also if any case my filing get delays and I apply after EAD expiry date that is 09/20, would there be any issues ?
-------------- why dont you apply EAD now?? EAD can be applied 5-6 month before EAD expiry date. if you apply late and any RFE for EAD you will not be able to get iEAD from local officer after 90 days.better file EAD now
Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

- VG

pacha_card said:
Hello All,

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

- VG

I do not think you will get problems if applying late, if you use H-1 and not EAD.

Compass,

Thats what I thought. May be ginnu was mentioning that considering I am on EAD.

Ginnu: I am using my 7th year H1 extension and it has validity until next year July. If I apply for my EAD reneual in September or October of this year would that cauase any issues.

- VG