any FP unclassifiable, but eventual success stories out there?

aparnas

Registered Users (C)
my FPs - taken twice - were unclassifiable and i was asked to get police clearances, which i have done. i recd the interview letter and am worried that the clearances (out of state & local) wont get to me in time for the interview.

from a search that i did here, it seemed like there were quite a few cases of this FP issue. did anyone go through this and ultimately get their citizenship? looking forward to hearing your experiences including the timelines.

thank you.

timeline:
N400 appln recd: 9/8/09
1st FP done on:10/2/09
2nd FP done on: 10/30/09
2 CFR notices recd: 11/14/09
- docs reqd: PCC
- docs reqd: drivers license
IL recd: 11/14/09 (interview date: 12/15/09)
applied for police clearances on: 11/17/09

If so many FP are not readable, does it mean many arrest record will not be revealed in FP checking because if FP done at USCIS ASC is not readable
then you can imagine many FP done at police station are not readable either.

If so many FP are not readable, does it mean many arrest record will not be revealed in FP checking because if FP done at USCIS ASC is not readable
then you can imagine many FP done at police station are not readable either.

The police clearance is searched by name, DOB or address when FP is not readable so previous arrest records can still come up.

Last edited by a moderator:
The police clearance is searched by name,m DOB or address when FP is not readable so previous arrest records can still come up.

The local police clearance report may only cover the area where you
currently live. USCIS has their own FBI name check that covers whole country.

The local police clearance report may only cover the area where you
currently live. USCIS has their own FBI name check that covers whole country.

If a local arrest resulted in a rap sheet, it is sent to the FBI. The FBI searches their IAFIS database for FP matches, but can also search NCIC database by name. The FP search is complementary to the NCIC, so if a local arrest was reported to the FBI, it would come up during name check.

The police clearance is searched by name, DOB or address when FP is not readable so previous arrest records can still come up.

for the PCC, would the police depts also need to take the FP twice before they do a name / dob search? both out of state and the local CJIS said it would take 10 business days and that's cutting it real close to my interview date.

If a local arrest resulted in a rap sheet, it is sent to the FBI. The FBI searches their IAFIS database for FP matches, but can also search NCIC database by name. The FP search is complementary to the NCIC, so if a local arrest was reported to the FBI, it would come up during name check.

That is why I wonder why USCIS want local police clearance report if they have FBI report anyway. This is only meaningful when local police do not report to FBI and the offense is commited where the applicant lives.

If one lives in NYC and commits an offense where spedning vacation in California and California police does not report to FBI, then local police clearance report won't reveal it

That is why I wonder why USCIS want local police clearance report if they have FBI report anyway. This is only meaningful when local police do not report to FBI and the offense is commited where the applicant lives.

If one lives in NYC and commits an offense where spedning vacation in California and California police does not report to FBI, then local police clearance report won't reveal it

My feeling is that USCIS wants to show they have a backup system when a FP is not readable. True the local report would not necessarily pull up what you did out of state, but in most likelihood if it was serious enough it was sent to the FBI anyways and USCIS already knows about it.

for the PCC, would the police depts also need to take the FP twice before they do a name / dob search? both out of state and the local CJIS said it would take 10 business days and that's cutting it real close to my interview date.

No, they wouldn't take FPs if they are unreadable. All they do is take your name, DOB and other info and do their own background search on local (and likely national) records on you.

Hi, aparnas, I have a similar experience!!!

But, I have a question!!! Have you received two of the yellow letters ( Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Check list ) separately, the first one reminds you to bring your driver license, the second one requires you to get a police clearance? Or you just received one of the yellow letter listing two required items for the interview?

kelvin8250,
i received 2 CFR letters: yellow one asking for drivers license and a white letter for the PCC. i wasn't aware that the color of the letter had a significance.

meanwhile, Bobsmyth, thank you! just as you said, the local state check sent me their PCC in the mail yesterday. i am thrilled that i didnt have to give another (now highly redundant) set of FP.:)

kelvin8250,
i received 2 CFR letters: yellow one asking for drivers license and a white letter for the PCC. i wasn't aware that the color of the letter had a significance.

meanwhile, Bobsmyth, thank you! just as you said, the local state check sent me their PCC in the mail yesterday. i am thrilled that i didnt have to give another (now highly redundant) set of FP.:)

aparnas,

because I have not received the white one ( until my interview, the officer told me that I have to get a police clearance ), maybe it got lost in the mail, or someone stole it. But, finally, I was approved in my second interview with my police clearance. I would like to know how the white letter looks like.

So may I ask you three more questions!!!

#1 The white letter ( about police clearance ) is sent from the Application Support Center, National Benefit Center, or USCIS local office ( you may see the P.O. box return address in the letter envelope to verify )? as well as which State are you living in?

#2 Is the white letter ( about police clearance ) a I-797C, Notice of Action? Or the format is same as the yellow letter? If no, what is the title/name of that white letter?

#3 I am concerned about identity theft, so the white letter ( about police clearance ) has already printed A#, full name, address, case number, case type, notice date, and priority date, which is same as a I-797C, am I correct?
In addition, are there any SS#, date of birth, and other important personal data that have printed on the white letter?

Thank you for your help!!!

kelvin8250,
- the white letter (req PCC) that i received is from US Dept of Homeland Security, PO BOX 648006, Lees Summit, MO
- no, it is not a I-797C notice of action, it is similar to the yellow CFR letter. it has no title or name printed.
- the white letter has my full name, address and my application number. the body of the letter indicates that it is related to my N-400 application. no other personal info is on the letter.

i hope this helps & good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: