Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Hey guys,

Am at home with my mum :D enjoying the holiday and stresses of an Indian wedding completely!!!!!!

No updates on my case yet, when I spoke with the NCSC they said the Dallas office was processing cases from Dec 2010 & hence there is a 2 month delay in cases....what did not make sense to me was, why interview me if you are not gonna take a decision soon enough??

I guess NCSC is doing what it does best, buying time for the IO....

I was recently asked if I was in the US illegally for more than 180 days I think - I filed my papers in July 2010 (my I-94 allowed me to stay till Aug 2010) and when my paperwork came back in Sept 2010 I then re-filed in Feb 2011. They got my paperwork on the 178th day

Before I filed my papers in Feb, I spoke to a well rated Immigration Attorney (ref Avvo) and the gentlemen clearly told me as long as I file my paperwork immed, before I cross the 180 day mark, Immigration will not have any issues with my overstay.

I find myself in confusion and a limbo however am praying that everything works out fine :)

Thanks a lot for all your kind words & congratulations to each one of your successful interviews...

I shall write again soon!

Update:

recieved case status update email.

EAD Card/Document prodution...you all know what this means!

Thank god! Interview letter is coming shortly.......wooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone who was approved at the interviews and Noella-I am sure you are approved, you know USCIS,they are slow for everything. Keeping you in my prayers:)

Hey guys, I have a question. Can you send the DS 3032, I-864 and DS 230 at the same time? I want to save time with NVC and we have all the information now. Can we?

Congrats Musicaa

Just checked in this morning to see your good news..as expected it was a breeze!

Very much like my interview...like getting interviewed for a survey on candy bars..fun, easy and ultimately refreshing at the outcome.

Heres a little tip for you...i received my 'welcome to the usa' letter 2 days ago now and i waited until yesterday and called up the USCIS Customer Service Number. Tell them you have been approved and would like the tracking number for your Greencard, if its already been printed and sent. It is obviously coming from Kentucky so its probably on 3 days but nonetheless, its good to at least know where its at and when to check the mail for it coming. So, for me, i called 5 days after my interview and they had just sent it out and provided me a tracking number over the phone. It left KY yesterday at 3.00pm

;);););)

132: 6.21.11 - APPROVED
(133) June 16th - Interview Done, GC Approved!

Pretty much on the money for Atlanta..this is good for any newer filers, ie March, April, May filers!

You beat me by a day lol

Thanks for the tip ctraquair, i will def give them a call, I'd like to know where my greencard is. ;) Thank you.

@Melz400

My lawyer said I would be getting the I-864 and DS230 at the same time, but I only received the request for the I-864 at the moment. I still prepared the DS230 because there is a lot of worked involved - this way it is ready to go when they request it.

Did you receive requests for both?

Do we have to submit a DS230 and a DS3032? I have to check to see what the difference is between the two. The lawyer only mentioned the DS230 at the moment.

Green Card Approved

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all you support ans sorry for not posting earlier. The interview went smoothly and Green Card was approved. Details:

This is me USC applying AOS for Mother. Our appointment was at 9:00 am. We arrived there 8:50 am and checking in just before 9 at the reception area on first floor. We were told to go to second floor and wait for officer. It was very empty and apart from us there were maybe 8-10 other people (emptiest I have seen till date). We waited maybe 15 minutes and a gentleman in his late 60's called out our ticket number (before they used names, must have changed). He seemed to be a pleasant person and we all acknowledged each other with Good Mornings and hellos. Once we got to his office which was on another floor he asked that I shut the door behind me and that we raise our hands for an oath, we did and said our I dos. Again pleasantly he asked mother for her name and she responded after asking him to repeat himself. He then asked to make sure if she could speak English and she said yes but not very fluently. He was nice enough to speak more clearly/plainly from then on.

He verified all information on the I-485 and G-325a forms such as the address, husband's name, date of births and showed us our signature and phone number to verify it was ours.
Also he verified information about me from I130 such as place of employment, my phone number and verified that the address was correct if a card needs to be sent. At this time we suspected that it going to be approved.

Some more details that other might want to know follows.

He took the I-94 card from the passport, he did not ask anything about pay stubs or tax returns, he did not ask for or take the EAD, he did ask her if she got a SSN which she did and she remembered the number and told him; he was impressed that she remembered and made a note of it on the form (we had gone through all the information prior to the interview several times and I had asked her to memorize all the relevant dates and numbers), as per his checklist he also went over the incrimination questions list on the forms which you answer no to, he did ask about her name being different on the my birth certificate and quickly asked if this was an attachment made to her name as a honorary gesture as it is customary in India; we said yes and he mentioned that he was familiar with that from other interviews (we had affidavits and non-availabilty certificate submitted as per he requirements for different names and also because she never has a birth certificate before) and also I had submitted another affidavit from 10 years ago created for the purpose if a college application which contained sworn statements that she was my mother. There were several other secondary proof documents submitted such as joint bank statements, hospital records (without my name) and school report cards. He did mention that he was impressed with my preparedness with the paperwork(make sure to take as much proof as you can get your hands on if you have an odd situation such as no birth certificate and name variances as they do check for these thing very carefully).

The last thing he did was print a letter and signed it that stated the approval and handed us a copy. This is again different from what I have heard and experience for AOS interviews. He warned us not to travel unless it is an emergency until the Green Card is received in mail. If she absolutely needed to then she was instructed to get an info pass appointment and show up at the reception and bring the letter he gave us and they would stamp her passport so she can travel with it.

It is over and we are very happy. Waiting for the card next.
ASC: Atlanta, GA

Day 01: 02/07/2011 - I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 package sent USPS Priority Mail
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Package Received
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 08: 02/14/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 25: 03/05/2011 - Notice for biometrics received in the mail (March 21, 2011)
Day 34: 03/15/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 59: 04/06/2011 - EAD Production Ordered/AP approved I-765 & I-131 traceable on Case Status
Day 68: 04/15/2011 - EAD/AP card Received in mail
Day 101: 05/17/2011 - Online Status showing IL date of 06/21/2011
Day 135: 06/21/2011 - Interview Attended - Green Card Approved :)

@ emperorraj - Congrats on the approval, didnt know that we had the interview at the same day. Happyy to see that the ATL filers are getting approved right on the spot.

hey everyone.Congrats everyone..Updates on me since I have been greened I will be able to go to germany very soon....yay..missed home so much..Again thanks again for all the support.I really appreciate it

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all you support ans sorry for not posting earlier. The interview went smoothly and Green Card was approved. Details:

This is me USC applying AOS for Mother. Our appointment was at 9:00 am. We arrived there 8:50 am and checking in just before 9 at the reception area on first floor. We were told to go to second floor and wait for officer. It was very empty and apart from us there were maybe 8-10 other people (emptiest I have seen till date). We waited maybe 15 minutes and a gentleman in his late 60's called out our ticket number (before they used names, must have changed). He seemed to be a pleasant person and we all acknowledged each other with Good Mornings and hellos. Once we got to his office which was on another floor he asked that I shut the door behind me and that we raise our hands for an oath, we did and said our I dos. Again pleasantly he asked mother for her name and she responded after asking him to repeat himself. He then asked to make sure if she could speak English and she said yes but not very fluently. He was nice enough to speak more clearly/plainly from then on.

He verified all information on the I-485 and G-325a forms such as the address, husband's name, date of births and showed us our signature and phone number to verify it was ours.
Also he verified information about me from I130 such as place of employment, my phone number and verified that the address was correct if a card needs to be sent. At this time we suspected that it going to be approved.

Some more details that other might want to know follows.

He took the I-94 card from the passport, he did not ask anything about pay stubs or tax returns, he did not ask for or take the EAD, he did ask her if she got a SSN which she did and she remembered the number and told him; he was impressed that she remembered and made a note of it on the form (we had gone through all the information prior to the interview several times and I had asked her to memorize all the relevant dates and numbers), as per his checklist he also went over the incrimination questions list on the forms which you answer no to, he did ask about her name being different on the my birth certificate and quickly asked if this was an attachment made to her name as a honorary gesture as it is customary in India; we said yes and he mentioned that he was familiar with that from other interviews (we had affidavits and non-availabilty certificate submitted as per he requirements for different names and also because she never has a birth certificate before) and also I had submitted another affidavit from 10 years ago created for the purpose if a college application which contained sworn statements that she was my mother. There were several other secondary proof documents submitted such as joint bank statements, hospital records (without my name) and school report cards. He did mention that he was impressed with my preparedness with the paperwork(make sure to take as much proof as you can get your hands on if you have an odd situation such as no birth certificate and name variances as they do check for these thing very carefully).

The last thing he did was print a letter and signed it that stated the approval and handed us a copy. This is again different from what I have heard and experience for AOS interviews. He warned us not to travel unless it is an emergency until the Green Card is received in mail. If she absolutely needed to then she was instructed to get an info pass appointment and show up at the reception and bring the letter he gave us and they would stamp her passport so she can travel with it.

It is over and we are very happy. Waiting for the card next.
ASC: Atlanta, GA

Day 01: 02/07/2011 - I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 package sent USPS Priority Mail
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Package Received
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 08: 02/14/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 25: 03/05/2011 - Notice for biometrics received in the mail (March 21, 2011)
Day 34: 03/15/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 59: 04/06/2011 - EAD Production Ordered/AP approved I-765 & I-131 traceable on Case Status
Day 68: 04/15/2011 - EAD/AP card Received in mail
Day 101: 05/17/2011 - Online Status showing IL date of 06/21/2011
Day 135: 06/21/2011 - Interview Attended - Green Card Approved :)

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

@staticface56

The DS 3032 is the Choice of agent and the DS 230 is the immigrant visa application. No, I didn't get the I-864. I called NVC and they said it's faster for me to download and send it to them. I just miss my family and am getting very impatient. I have all the tax returns, birth-certificates, marriage and divorce certificates etc. Just really sad and lonely without my family.

Congratulations to all that got approved and thanks so much for sharing your interview experiences.

I just had one question: When they issue an interview letter, do you also get an email notification with the details of when and where the interview will be held? (I am signed up for email alerts on the USCIS website)

Congratulations to all that got approved and thanks so much for sharing your interview experiences.

I just had one question: When they issue an interview letter, do you also get an email notification with the details of when and where the interview will be held? (I am signed up for email alerts on the USCIS website)

You get an email telling you when it will be, but not where it will be. Location will just say National Benefits Center, but the actual letter will specify where.

@Melz400

I think you should send the forms when they request them. Your case was already transferred to NVC, right? I got a request by email for the Choice of Agent request shortly after my application transferring to NVC. That same week (maybe even day) I got the request to pay the $88 fee online. I sent in the form and paid the $88 right away. About a week and a half ago I received the I864 request and just sent that back. In the meantime, I worked on the DS230 so I have it ready and waiting. Yesterday I received the request to pay the other processing fee (around $400 or so). I paid that and now I'm waiting. I guess if they don't have questions about my I864 I should receive the request for the DS230 soon. Hope that clarifies.
I know what you mean about missing family. I'm going to visit my husband next week. I can't wait for all of the back and forth to be over and just be together!

Good luck to you!