Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Induz

Hope you get through your interview without any issues.

I have a question for you -

You mentioned NOA for I-130, so what about I-130 approval ? Don't you need that for the AOS adjustment ?

I am asking because I need to go the same way in a while for my daughter.

Appreciate your reply.

Hello Dipc

This interview would be to validate my I-130 based on which they will approve my I-485. This is my understanding of the process of concurrent filing. Maybe the experienced people on this forum will be in a position to answer it better.

Hello friends!

A warm welcome to all those who have recently joined the forum, is a great place to get your dose of patience (specially for first time applicants).

No new updates from me as of this moment, however I am hoping to see some movement this week.

I shall post again as soon as I CHK MY MAIL & God willing see something :)

Hello friends!

A warm welcome to all those who have recently joined the forum, is a great place to get your dose of patience (specially for first time applicants).

No new updates from me as of this moment, however I am hoping to see some movement this week.

I shall post again as soon as I chk my mail & God willing see something :)

Hello everyone,

I have some updates today. My I-485 case finally showed up online. Here is what it says

I am glad that I can view it online now though none of my other forms show up online yet. Nothing on the EAD or AP. Hopefully I should receive them before my interview.
Now my concern is - what does it mean when it says - interview for April 7, 2011, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER ? I hope I don't have to travel much for the venue. Do everyone who receive an interview appointment have this on their online status? I will be in a position to say some more once I receive the appointment in mail, but this is all I have right now.

I guess doing a walk-in biometrics does help to speed up the process a little bit in some cases. If not, I would've only given my biometrics last week and then waited for another 15-30 days for the interview appointment. Hope everyone who did their walk-ins will hear something soon too. Fingers crossed now.

Dear induz,

Your appt will be conducted at the NBC that is closest to and serves your area. On the USCIS website, they allow you to input your zip code and find your NBC or on the other hand you can wait to hear from them through mail.

All the best!

PS: My interview would ideally be in Dallas, TX and that is a good 3 hr drive so there could be a possibility that your location may be a long travel, but you just may also be well located and not have to go that far. Since I live in Henderson, TX I am sort of out of options here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi every one,
I;m from INDIA and my wife was green card holder when she filed mine,n now got citizenship of U.S.A,bt in between my file already started n so all the fees n document submitted....also get BMBXXXXXX number....
now just waiting for the Visa INTERVIEW date....it's been almost 2month that we submitted all document....
DO any one know how n from which web-site can check my visa status from my BMB number....if any one can help....
waiting for Reply....THANK YOU....n GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Hi Jaynish,

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, you need to update your timeline more clearly so we can understand what's going on. Look at what we have done and follow those steps to give us a clearer image of what your case is. what forms did u submit, when and what notices did you get. All the best to you, hopefully look forward to seeing some more info....

Dear induz,

Your appt will be conducted at the NBC that is closest to and serves your area. On the USCIS website, they allow you to input your zip code and find your NBC or on the other hand you can wait to hear from them through mail.

All the best!

PS: My interview would ideally be in Dallas, TX and that is a good 3 hr drive so there could be a possibility that your location may be a long travel, but you just may also be well located and not have to go that far. Since I live in Henderson, TX I am sort of out of options here :)

Thanks Noella! From whatever research I have done far, it looks like my interview might be scheduled at the same place I had my biometrics taken, which is very near from where I live. And in the worst case, I might have to drive a couple of hours to Chicago/Columbus/Cleveland and I am fine with that too :)

Edit: I received the letter in mail too today (don't know how that worked since they sent it just today), and my interview is at the same Indianapolis ASC where I had gone for my biometrics appointment. Glad I won't have to travel too much :)

Hope to hear from everyone soon on their updates too.

I received my biometrics appointment today. I am very happy. WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO
I am planning on doing a walk in this Friday afternoon.

I received my biometrics appointment today. I am very happy. WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO
I am planning on doing a walk in this Friday afternoon.

Hey Thomkip - great news! 03/18 is not bad too. When I received my appointment, it was scheduled for almost after a month.
I'd say instead of waiting till Friday, give it a try this Wednesday if possible. From what I have read on the internet, Wednesdays are when most offices allow walk-ins.
Good luck with that :)

Does anyone know if the ASC in Sugarland, TX, allow biometrics walk-in? If you have been there, how busy is the place?
Thank you.

congrats thompik.....not so bad after all right? my biometrics is also for the 18th i might also attempt a walk in...let us know how ur walk in experience goes

i have also received the Biometric Appointment in the mail today,nice...it looks like they work faster on processing the paper work,maybe every case differs from family based to other processing ways...hmmm,

Hey everyone,

want to welcome all the new filer's, good luck and dont forget, patience is everything. (=

So I received my RFE today in the mail and thank god its nothing serious, just have to send a missing document. I'm so relieved. I might attempt my walk-in tomorrow, cant hurt to try.

I will keep you guys updated.

Good Night and good luck to all of you.

God Bless.

Hey Thomkip - great news! 03/18 is not bad too. When I received my appointment, it was scheduled for almost after a month.
I'd say instead of waiting till Friday, give it a try this Wednesday if possible. From what I have read on the internet, Wednesdays are when most offices allow walk-ins.
Good luck with that :)

Thanks y'all. I was going to go on Friday but I might skip class on Wednesday and do it. Congrats to you on being the first one on this thread to get the interview letter. I hope that all the other Feb filers (Premansh, Noella and others) get their biometrics soon.

Update

Good evening everyone.

Hope everybody is doing well. We got text/emails today so I decided to post my update :)

DO: Chicago, IL | ASC: Shely, IL

Day 00: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 01: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 07: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation

I am so relieved because I sent my package through USPS express mail but instead of sending it to the p.o. box, I sent to the real address, so I got a little worried that I could be in trouble, but thankfully they got it. :)

Now it comes the wait part again, to get the NOA in the mail and then the biometric appointment letter :) Will keep you all updated.

Good luck to you all! Have a nice week everyone!!!

Shely

Good evening everyone.

Hope everybody is doing well. We got text/emails today so I decided to post my update :)

DO: Chicago, IL | ASC: Shely, IL

Day 00: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 01: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 07: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation

I am so relieved because I sent my package through USPS express mail but instead of sending it to the p.o. box, I sent to the real address, so I got a little worried that I could be in trouble, but thankfully they got it. :)

Now it comes the wait part again, to get the NOA in the mail and then the biometric appointment letter :) Will keep you all updated.

Good luck to you all! Have a nice week everyone!!!

Shely

Welcome Shely and good luck with everything!!!!

What's interesting is that I received 2 appointments for biometrics for 2 forms, i765 and i485, within 2 hours from each other. Am I going to change my fingerprints in 2 hours? ;-)))) Just funny!

08-Feb-11 Application sent to Chicago, IL lockbox
09-Feb-11 USCIS Received Application via ExpressMail
11-Feb-11 3 e-mails and 3 sms received
11-Feb-11 Checks cashed
12-Feb-11 Notices of Action Received - National Benefits Center - Notice # starts with MSC
07-Mar-11 2 letters received for biometrics (for i765 and i485), appointment on 04-Apr-11 9:00 and 11:00am

Hello everyone,

I have some updates today. My I-485 case finally showed up online. Here is what it says

I am glad that I can view it online now though none of my other forms show up online yet. Nothing on the EAD or AP. Hopefully I should receive them before my interview.
Now my concern is - what does it mean when it says - interview for April 7, 2011, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER ? I hope I don't have to travel much for the venue. Do everyone who receive an interview appointment have this on their online status? I will be in a position to say some more once I receive the appointment in mail, but this is all I have right now.

I guess doing a walk-in biometrics does help to speed up the process a little bit in some cases. If not, I would've only given my biometrics last week and then waited for another 15-30 days for the interview appointment. Hope everyone who did their walk-ins will hear something soon too. Fingers crossed now.

Congratulation on your interview notice. Even though your process started in january, that is still really fast. Goodluck on your interview.