Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Hello Everyone ...

I submitted my paper work on 7th Feb .. Till now I have not received the biometric letter ?

Now its 1st march :(
Almost 4th week is running right now :(

No notice for FP ....
Is anyone having the same situation ?

Additionally ... I am checking my case number every day on USCIS website but it say

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Please advice.

PS: Please check my signature for reference.

I dont know about the Biometrics Appointment, but I'm in the same position when it comes to the Online Status Updates. My Recepit # for I-485 cant be found either, so i called USCIS just now and they said its the correct receipt number for the correct application and they couldnt tell me why its not showing up online.

I would just give them a call. The officer I spoke to was very helpful.

Good Luck with everything premash.

Hello Everyone ...

I submitted my paper work on 7th Feb .. Till now I have not received the biometric letter ?

No notice for FP ....

Additionally ... I am checking my case number every day on USCIS website but it say

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Please advice.

If your receipt # starts with a MSC, there is a good chance that it might never show up online - this is the information I received when I called the 1-800 number. But usually the FP letter arrives in a couple of weeks. So as musicaa suggested, it would be a good idea to call up the customer service # to inquire how far they are with your application.
Good luck!

I dont know about the Biometrics Appointment, but I'm in the same position when it comes to the Online Status Updates. My Recepit # for I-485 cant be found either, so i called USCIS just now and they said its the correct receipt number for the correct application and they couldnt tell me why its not showing up online.

I would just give them a call. The officer I spoke to was very helpful.

Good Luck with everything premash.

Thank you Musicaa ...
I called the Customer support of USCIS, the REP told me this process can take upto 6 months. She was having no idea what she is talking about and what actually I am inquiring about. She was reading a whole big passage from USICS guide line. ( She did not even asked my Receipt number or my problem ).

Grrrrr ... :(

I hope something soon will come in the mail. Loosing my patience. :(

Good luck to you too .. :)

If your receipt # starts with a MSC, there is a good chance that it might never show up online - this is the information I received when I called the 1-800 number. But usually the FP letter arrives in a couple of weeks. So as musicaa suggested, it would be a good idea to call up the customer service # to inquire how far they are with your application.
Good luck!

Yup my receipt number starts with MSC only ... I will wait and pray till this week :).

Thank you Induz_

Hello Everyone ...

No notice for FP ....

Please advice.

Premanish- We seem to have similar timelines. I have not received my biometrics either. I think we should get it this week or next week. I am hoping that we get it this week. I have seen people that got it 34 days after filing though. So we are still in the expected range. What part of the country are you from? Can you please add that to the signature.
Just relax, have some patience. Everything will be ok. I can check my case status though, it says initial review.

Premanish- We seem to have similar timelines. I have not received my biometrics either. I think we should get it this week or next week. I am hoping that we get it this week. I have seen people that got it 34 days after filing though. So we are still in the expected range. What part of the country are you from? Can you please add that to the signature.
Just relax, have some patience. Everything will be ok. I can check my case status though, it says initial review.

Thank you Thomkip.

I am filing from New York, sent the package to Chicago lock box. I will update in my signature also.

Lets pray and hope that we get a update soon.
Good luck :)

Biometrics letter is slightly delayed

premansh,

I'm waiting for my biometrics notice as well. Maybe it has something to do with distance from Chicago. I live in San Francisco, CA. It's been 15 business days. I'll probably call to their customer service on Thursday, if I don't receive a letter on Wednesday.

08-Feb-11 Application sent to Chicago, IL lockbox
09-Feb-11 USCIS Received Application via ExpressMail
11-Feb-11 3 e-mails and 3 sms received
11-Feb-11 Checks cashed
12-Feb-11 Notices of Action Received - National Benefits Center - Notice # starts with MSC
_________________________WAITING for BIOMETRICS___________________________

Last edited by a moderator:
premansh,

I'm waiting for my biometrics notice as well. Maybe it has something to do with distance from Chicago. I live in San Francisco, CA. It's been 15 business days. I'll probably call to their customer service on Thursday, if I don't receive a letter on Wednesday.

_________________________WAITING for BIOMETRICS___________________________

It seems like a couple of us are waiting for biometrics. I wonder whats taking long because it has been 16 days since you received the NOA. Hopefully we can all get it before the end of the week.

Hey Guys,

so my I-485 case is finally online and i am able to track it, but today the status changed to "Request for Evidence" , I havent gotten the hard copy yet, but I am kinda worried. Does anyone has any expierence with RFE and/or know what the problem could be?

i was in the same situation last month and when i received my RFE letter it was for my medical (i had to send it twice because they lost it the first time) other time they may ask you to send an affidavit of support or biographic info in other words it can be anything

I mailed my package off on 01/31/2011 through USPS express mail. . .

Hi there.

I also sent through USPS express mail. Did you send to:
USCIS Chicago Lockbox
Attn:FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rg Floor
Chicago, IL
60603? Or did you send to the P.O. Box?

Thank you very much.

Shely

Chicago Lockbox Express Mail Address

Hi everyone.

I am new here. I just sent my applications I-485, I-765, I-131 and I-130 on Monday (February 28th) through USPS Express mail.

I have a question. On the USCIS website they say that if we send the applications through express mail we have to send to:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL

Is that correct?

I am a little nervous. I know they already got it because I checked with USPS website, but I didn't hear from them yet.

Thank you all.

Shely

Hi there.

I also sent through USPS express mail. Did you send to:
USCIS Chicago Lockbox
Attn:FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rg Floor

Chicago, IL
60603? Or did you send to the P.O. Box?

Thank you very much.

Shely

I sent my package to the P.O. Box address through USPS express mail and the package was delivered as well as signed for. AS long as you sent it to one of those addresses, you should be fine. Its still the same USCIS address at the end of the day.

Hey Guys,

so my I-485 case is finally online and i am able to track it, but today the status changed to "Request for Evidence" , I havent gotten the hard copy yet, but I am kinda worried. Does anyone has any expierence with RFE and/or know what the problem could be?

Ouch! that hurt! I was hoping none of us february filers will have an RFE through out the process. But everything will be fine at the end.

You just have to wait for the hard copy before you know what the RFE is really for. If you are filing without an attorney, all you can do now is to be educating yourself on how to reply to RFE.