Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!
I am curious as to what the NOA1 letter says....and also anyone who has received their biometrics letter does it have the alien registration # on it

Some people already have an A#

I had one previously as i had OPT from my F-1 visa! I woud imagine most people do not have one until they receive the NOA1

Some people already have an A#

I had one previously as i had OPT from my F-1 visa! I woud imagine most people do not have one until they receive the NOA1

So when you were filling the forms, did you use the A# from your OPT(EAD) as your A#? The reason I am asking is that I also had OPT EAD last year but when i filled all the forms, i did not indicate in the A# section using the A# from my OPT EAD. I was not very sure because i thought this was a different filing category and so I just left the A# in the forms blank. I have always thought that the A# on OPT EAD is not the same A# that is given to permanent residents.
I should be receiving my NOA in the mail this week, so I will check and see.

Hey,

I used my A# from my OPT of the forms, but NOAs have a different one. I guess they assigned a different one since this is a different case. Did anyone else experience that?

So when you were filling the forms, did you use the A# from your OPT(EAD) as your A#? The reason I am asking is that I also had OPT EAD last year but when i filled all the forms, i did not indicate in the A# section using the A# from my OPT EAD. I was not very sure because i thought this was a different filing category and so I just left the A# in the forms blank. I have always thought that the A# on OPT EAD is not the same A# that is given to permanent residents.
I should be receiving my NOA in the mail this week, so I will check and see.

I used the same A# as my OPT too. I need to check and see if i have been given a different one on my NOA receipts.

I dont think its a major issue to be honest.

Biometrics notice finally! It's sooo far away though. I called USCIS customer svc. and asked if I could do a walk in - they said they stopped doing walkins there, even on Wednesdays.

I'm gonna try anyway. What is the best time to try, in the morning or afternoon?

FYI: I used the A# on the OPT (like my lawyer told me to) and they have assigned me a different one now too. It's fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biometrics notice finally! It's sooo far away though. I called USCIS customer svc. and asked if I could do a walk in - they said they stopped doing those on Wednesdays.

I'm gonna try anyway. What is the best time to try, in the morning or afternoon?

FYI: I used the A# on the OPT (like my lawyer told me to) and they have assigned me a different one now too. It's fine.

You should definitely try a walk-in. I went first thing in the morning but this is what i did. I let everyone in before me so i made sure i was last on the line. The officer checked everyone's date but i guess by time he got down to me he got lazy. He realized i was holding the notice in my hand and let me in. I had no problems from there.

Im not sure how it is in Baltimore but you should try it. All they can say is no. No harm done.

You should definitely try a walk-in. I went first thing in the morning but this is what i did. I let everyone in before me so i made sure i was last on the line. The officer checked everyone's date but i guess by time he got down to me he got lazy. He realized i was holding the notice in my hand and let me in. I had no problems from there.

Im not sure how it is in Baltimore but you should try it. All they can say is no. No harm done.

Hi Dunee88,

Did you attempted the biometric walking without any Notice letter ?
or you waited for the Notice letter and then tried it ?

Thanks.

Biometrics notice finally! It's sooo far away though. I called USCIS customer svc. and asked if I could do a walk in - they said they stopped doing those on Wednesdays.

Hey, I'm also in Baltimore sent my package last week and usps website said it was delivered but no one actually signed for it...i haven't heard anything from uscis yet and I'm worried that maybe they didn't get it...I swear i have had a lot of loooong days and weeks but by far the past 8 days have been the longest, cant seem to think about anything else...

Hey, I'm also in Baltimore sent my package last week and usps website said it was delivered but no one actually signed for it...i haven't heard anything from uscis yet and I'm worried that maybe they didn't get it...I swear i have had a lot of loooong days and weeks but by far the past 8 days have been the longest, cant seem to think about anything else...

Did you require the package be signed? I didn't and still eventually received my texts.
I wouldn't freak out yet, especially because there was a gov't holiday.

@dunee88 Thanks for the tip! I'm going tomorrow morning.
Anyone else successfully got in on a walkin?

Last edited by a moderator:
update..

Sent I-130/I-485 on 02/10/11
delivered 02/11/11

Email with receipt no. - 02/15/11

Biometric Appointment for 03/10/11 received on - 02/18/11

Did you require the package be signed? I didn't and still eventually received my texts.
I wouldn't freak out yet, especially because there was a gov't holiday.

@dunee88 Thanks for the tip! I'm going tomorrow morning.
Anyone else successfully got in on a walkin?

Actually i didnt so i guess thats why....Ive read posts about ppl in baltimore who did the walkin and got turned away this guy in particular they said the didnt like his reason for coming in early...but there have been others in bmore who did it successfully also, maybe its just depends on how u go about...good luck!

yeah i feel that in all the centers, it all depends on luck. You can walk in but if they made it a habit, no one would ever wait for their appointment date and it would be chaos.

No NOA received yet!!!

yeh give it till monday. it is usually 7-10 days.

Still no NOA received, neither email nor hard copy. USPS tracking says it was successfully delivered to Chicago. I am not sure still how long I have to wait. Can some one please let me know if I can call USCIS to know the status of my package using tracking number.

Day 00: 02/07/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS Priority mail
Day 03: 02/10/2011 - Package delivered to USCIS
Day XX: XX/XX/XXXX - Receive 3 emails of NOA (Acceptance Confirmation)
Day XX: XX/XX/XXX - Checks cleared bank

Hi everybody! Its good to see new members on the thread. You are all welcome. God will see us through this process and i advise us to be calm and always exercise patience as best as we can. The only control we have on our applications/petitions was right before we mail it off, as soon as they recieve it, we can only wish, hope and pray as we almost have no control over it anymore. From what we have all read and experienced, the process can take as little as 2 months and as long as 3, 4 years. The latter will not be our potion, God willing.

I received the NOAs in the mail today. I actually noticed that the A# assigned to me is different from the one that was assigned to me on my OPT EAD that I had last year. I was a little worried about this but I found out that its not a big deal. So hopefully I will get the biometrics letter sometime this week.

Hey,

I used my A# from my OPT of the forms, but NOAs have a different one. I guess they assigned a different one since this is a different case. Did anyone else experience that?

I had an A# on my previous OPT EAD that I had last year but I did not write it on any of the forms that i filed. The A# assigned to me on my I485 is different from the one that is on my OPT EAD. I talked to a friend of mine who had a OPT EAD and did AOS and they assigned him different #s, so its not a big deal.

update..

Sent I-130/I-485 on 02/10/11
delivered 02/11/11

Email with receipt no. - 02/15/11

Biometric Appointment for 03/10/11 received on - 02/18/11

It seems like you are cruising. Can you please add all the updates and the DO and/or ASC to your signature. Thanks