Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Quick question: I filed my I-130 and it's been approved. My PD is 2009. Can I file the I-485 now or do I have to wait till my date is current? Wasn't sure if those of you filing both were already current. Thanks!

Meanwhile, does anyone know when the case will be available online? People share different experiences on that and I am still not able to view it online.

I think you should be able to view your application online after you recieve your reciept number in the mail. The MSC number is what you use to view your case online and going by your timeline you posted up there, i believe you must have recieved it. Ofcourse poeple share different experience on it but the bottomline is that the online update cannot be really trusted or relied on. So as long as you dont have any problem or bump along the way, then you should be fine. And may be it will show up after your biometric. . .

N.B: can you try and put your timeline in your signature for easy comparison of timelines. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the thread Ctraquair. My progress has been updated in my signature so, mathematically, i think you and those who had their package delivered on the 4th should recieve the same message tomorrow. But since you said you didnt file form G-1145 along with your package, i guess you have to wait until they send it to you in the mail. Goodluck!

Welcome on board induz! A lot of people have had a success about biometric walk-in, so i think you should give it a try too. although i dont know if that will speed up the process or not but it will definitely not slow it down. Regarding the ASC in indianapolice, i think the best thing to do is to be well prepared regardless of where you are. Talk about preparing for the worse and hoping for the best. Goodluck and God bless!

Immi, did your check(s) get cashed? I didn't send the add'l form for e-notification, but my check still hasn't been cashed... Starting to worry.

to omg
I havent recieve any updates regarding checks yet. However, i have seen a timeline where the person recieved the text update of reciept numbers on the same day his/her check get cashed. So it might have been cashed but have not send the updates yet. Regarding your chechs, what is your latest updates right now?

Concernig the online status, you can check out this https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

to omg
I havent recieve any updates regarding checks yet. However, i have seen a timeline where the person recieved the text update of reciept numbers on the same day his/her check get cashed. So it might have been cashed but have not send the updates yet. Regarding your chechs, what is your latest updates right now?

Concernig the online status, you can check out this https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

Immi, I know about the online tracking, but I don't have the NOA yet. And since my check isn't cashed, I'm thinking there's something they don't like about my application... That's why I'm concerned.

Welcome to the thread Ctraquair. My progress has been updated in my signature so, mathematically, i think you and those who had their package delivered on the 4th should recieve the same message tomorrow. But since you said you didnt file form G-1145 along with your package, i guess you have to wait until they send it to you in the mail. Goodluck!

thanks immi! you seem to be cruising now...fingers crossed we have no issues! Im in a similar position to stfu in that having not signed up for email notification i have that natural worry that its all went wrong. However, im still keeping faith that my checks will be cashed in the next two days and ill have a receipt in the mail.

Ill be updating as i go along. Keep us posted with your updates.

Cheers

YAY! Received the emails and texts! Emails say:

"Dear Applicant/Petitioner:

Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number XXXXXXX. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www .uscis. gov where you can check the status of your application using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your application/petition. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your application remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your application/petition must be verified with USCIS."

Waiting for my check to be cashed.
Hang in there guys, it'll happen.

02-Feb-11 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
04-Feb-11 USCIS Received Application - Day 3
09-Feb-11 Notice of Action Received - Day 8
XX-XXX-XX Check Cleared
XX-XXX-XX Biometrics Notification
XX-XXX-XX Biometrics Date
XX-XXX-XX Employment Authorization Document Received I-765
XX-XXX-XX Interview Letter
XX-XXX-XX Interview Date
XX-XXX-XX Green Card Received

Immi, I know about the online tracking, but I don't have the NOA yet. And since my check isn't cashed, I'm thinking there's something they don't like about my application... That's why I'm concerned.

You dont have to be concerned. Because they havent cash your check yet doesnt mean there is something they dont like about your application. I think checks get cashed faster by USCIS when you send money order or something like that than sending your bank accout check. However am positive they should cash it before this week runs out.

YAY! Received the emails and texts! Emails say:

"Dear Applicant/Petitioner:

Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number XXXXXXX. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www .uscis. gov where you can check the status of your application using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your application/petition. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your application remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your application/petition must be verified with USCIS."

Waiting for my check to be cashed.
Hang in there guys, it'll happen.

XX-XXX-XX Check Cleared
XX-XXX-XX Interview Date

Im right on the same timeline as you except i didn't submit the notification with my application. Hopefully your checks dont clear before mine or ill really start to worry ha-ha!

thanks immi! you seem to be cruising now...fingers crossed we have no issues! Im in a similar position to stfu in that having not signed up for email notification i have that natural worry that its all went wrong. However, im still keeping faith that my checks will be cashed in the next two days and ill have a receipt in the mail.

Ill be updating as i go along. Keep us posted with your updates.

Cheers

keeping faith is the best! We all know how this process is nerve wrecking especially when you are filing without a lawyer so it is best to be calm and not be affected by all the drama surrounding the process.

Congrats janedoh. I recieved the same message yesterday and case- initial review - didnt show up online until today.

Mailled my package today

I just wanted to let you all know that I mailed my packed today through Fedex overnight shipping. Hopefully the get it tomorrow and then the waiting game begins. Good luck everyone

I have submitted my papers on Monday 7th Feb 2010.

07-Feb-11 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
08-Feb-11 USCIS Received Application - Day 2
XX-XXX-XX Check Cleared
XX-XXX-XX Notice of Action Received
XX-XXX-XX Interview Date

Checks cashed yesterday afternoon, 9th Feb! Good news im assuming? Just waiting on my receipt now..hopefully get it in by Monday.

Hello everyone.
I sent my application early in January but I made a mistake on my birthdate while i filled out the paper. So they return my application and asked me to refill another one. I was so disappointed of my sefl and sad too.
But I sent another one last saturday 02/05/2011. I also fill out the G-1145 form but still didnt receive anthing yet...I'm so stress and scare since i already made a mistake the first time.....
Did anyone know if my application process will be different since it was return to me the first time???
How long is it take before they cash my check???

Day 00: 02/05/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 03: 02/06/2011 - Package Received (signed at locbok DALLAS)

10-Feb-11 Check Cashed - Day 9

oops, missed your posts to me.
@ ctraquair Looks like you're a day ahead of me.... but I'm not worried..... :)
@immiresearch Thanks, mine is online too - under initial review, yay

This process is really a lesson in patience, phew.