Any EB3 recevied RFE for their 485 applications?

Yes i did change employers this year in feb to be precise. I have not submitted my AC-21 papers yet. I am actually in the process of changing employers again.

Grandhipal
Well my spouse has H1-B. we have not applied for his ead. They have given certain dates on the RFE and they want to know if he maintained legal status during those periods. So basically its submiting a copy of his I-797 or H1-B approval notice I would think.

Naggi,
If you don't mind can you tell me how your lawyers proved your new employers abiltiy to pay.

thanks.

I am pleased to join the RFE club too :)
I just got email notification from USCIS today about RFE. Yet to receive the actual mail which has the details. I haven't sent the AC21 papers yet. Lawyers prepared most of the paper work already. We are just waiting on some financial data from my current employer. That is ready now too. I guess responding to RFE with the same info will be equivalent to sending AC21 papers. Right?

so they have got some process in place by which they are able to find out who all have changed their employers. smart move ,never thought they were so smart .

then what about people like us who have not changed the employer ... what happens once the priority dates become current ?? since they have a process in place to find about AC21 , then we should not get RFE atleast for employment verification ?

I never changed employers

I have not changed my employer in 6 years, Looking at my PD which should become current shortly, i thought i should receive a RFE...but have not yet!!

@IPC, @getnkk
even if you have not changed employers, if it has been a while since you applied for I485, you have good chances of getting a RFE for Employment letter (the idea being that the offer for that position is still valid after all these years).

so watch your e\mails closely.

usually the triggering points are when they have reason to touch your files e.g.when you apply for EAD or AP and now it also seems Change of address and AC21s are added to that list. On top of this, NSC's pre-adjudication agenda has added momentum to this process.

I also

think this is just pre-adjudication, have to wait n years to get actual card. :mad: Better file an EB2 one

RFE details

i got the RFE mail yesterday. actually my lawyer got them and he scanned them and sent to me.
I think it is common thing these days. they have been sending out RFEs just to get clarification
whether the applicant is still expecting the GC or changed jobs, etc.

The documents asked for me were

1. Letter from prospect employer .... (same letter as everyone)
2. Biographic information (G-325A) with original signatuire. I'm not sure why they are asking me this again.
3. 2 photos in new style taken recently.

The RFE for my wife was
1. 2 photos in new style taken recently

we had sent photos in old style back in Jan 2004. i guess they want us to send the new pictures now.

Hope this helps all others expecting any RFE mails.

Received RFE emails

I also received an email for RFE on 05/05/06. I moved out on 05/06/06 in same the city. Who gets RFE (lawyer or me)?

I moved from another state to current state 3 yrs ago and Still with same employer.

Please see my details in signature.

Rfe

I have posted a message last week saying that I got an RFE. I got the actual mail from USCIS today. It turned out to be biometric notices for me and my wife.

you both RFE's?

Grandhipal said:
I have posted a message last week saying that I got an RFE. I got the actual mail from USCIS today. It turned out to be biometric notices for me and my wife.

Grandhipal,

both our 485 cases update online with RFE. We dont know yet what it is as we are still waiting for the letter. As it is an RFE on both our cases can we expect something like yours? or generally whenever there is a RFE on primary applicant their dependents also get the RFE at the same time?

I recently joined another company and not applied AC21 as I am still waiting for complete documentation

-EB3
PD : Aug 2003
485 Notice Date : 12/2004

Got RFE

Count me in...

Last night we got 8 emails for RFE on our I485.
No employer change, No Address change.
Waiting for the physical mail from attorney's office.

PD JUL 5th 2002
FP + BIO done April 2005
I140 AD : JUN 2005
I485 ND : DEC 2004
Enquiry Reply : Waiting for Visa Numbers.
EAD2 Under process...

Sai06Sai -
I think it is just same thing as mine - Biometrics notices for you and your spouse. If the RFE is for things like finger prints expired etc then both the primary applicant and spouse get at the same time. However both do not get same RFEs and at same time in general. Let us say they want to check on your emplyment history only then they dont issue a RFE for spouse. The way I look at it is - USCIS looks at the file and they issue RFEs for any items they find at that time to both the applicants.

GCLOVER007 - I would assume they send the RFE to you directly. I dint get mine from attorney's office. I think you also got the same RFE.

I received 10 e-mails last night on 485 RFE for spouse and myself, waiting to hear from my attornery. We completed out Biometrics (code 3) in April 2006. Our PD is current (EB3 India). Hope it's an RFE, not another biometrics notice.

count me in

I too received emails from USCIS regarding the RFE for me and my wife.

Now my question to everybody espcially Grandhipal is DID you get the RFE or your Lawyer got the notice.

As per USCIS email they send RFE on May 4th. I have still not received it yet. Even my lawyer has not received it. Getting a little worried

I will appreciate your inputs

Thanks

I have seen somewhere about Notices getting delayed for mailing out from USCIS. Since H1B started from April 01.

I also got RFE for both mine and wife yesterday. Only last week end we got Biometrics Notice. But my RFE generated after I got Biometrics Notice.

So I am not sure....is this really RFE. or something generating for getting FP and photos. Waiting to see ???

I got the mail - not my lawyer.

I got the RFE email from USCIS on May 3rd. The email said they sent a notice on May 2nd. However I received the actual (physical) mail on May 8th. The mail is only about Biometrics. I din't even know that Biometrics start as an RFE. I always thought RFE is something serious.

Hope I answered your question.

dwl800 said:
I too received emails from USCIS regarding the RFE for me and my wife.

Now my question to everybody espcially Grandhipal is DID you get the RFE or your Lawyer got the notice.

As per USCIS email they send RFE on May 4th. I have still not received it yet. Even my lawyer has not received it. Getting a little worried

I will appreciate your inputs

Thanks

Hi

I recieved an an RFE ON -i-485

Here is what it says - please advise

I came TO usa in year 1999 March, but was on H1-B with the company through whom i came to USA and was not working anywhere as my employer could show me any project.
So, i searched for other company and I got an employement with another company in July 1999 who also filed my H1-B and i am with the same company till now who has also been processing my GC.

Now in the RFE, NSC is asking what i have been doing from 1999 March till July 1999, as i have no employer for this duration.
I don't have even tax statements or paystubs for this period. They are asking to resolve the discrepancy and show them i entered US
on H1-B NONIMMIGRANT VISA

Is there any way where i can have any workaround for this situation that could be present in response to the RFE.

Please advise.

You have to show them that you are not out of status. Did you leave the country to get visa stamping for new H1B? If not, you are out of status.