Any E-filed EAD approved At TSC

yl8401

Registered Users (C)
Anyone E-filed EAD renewal after Jan 01 got approved? Please post.

I Filed my EAd renewal online on Jan 15. There is no sign of approval yet althought their processing time is Feb 05.

I am so worried and would like to know the processing time for E-filed EAD at TSC.

Anyone?
Please post your waiting days too.

Thanks!

Since there is very good improvement for EAD/AP processing timings, people are getting EAD approvals in around 45 days, it is better for the new filers go for manual filing.

e-file EAD

I have e-filed EAD in TSC and its not approved yet. My RD is 12/17/2003. I have called NCSC and asked them to open an enquiry.

Fortunately I am able to get an interim EAD in the meantime and it is applicable for an year.

Looks like there is some problem with e-filed EAD applications.

GC6020

I e-filed on 12/17 at TSC, no status yet. called for case inquiry, they said it could take 3-4 weeks to get an answer about my pending case....managed to get iEAD

update

Just an update on my enquiry.

They have denied my old application as I got the interim EAD(valid for one year). But they didn't mention the resaon for delay in EAD (e-filed) processing.

GC6020

A long time ago (check previous threads) I warned everyone to renew EAD manually. My manual EAD was renewed within 45 days, while others before me with on-line EAD renewals are still waiting!

Both mine and my husband's 3rd EAD were manually filed with an RD Jan 30, 2004( both the applications were in the same envelope). Mine got approved by March 9th and my husband's is yet pending. Such are the ways of TSC..... hey you all already knew that didn't you??:rolleyes:

GC6020 : Did you mean to say that they cancelled your original application form for EAD renewal bcas you got iEAD for 1 year ? How did you find out about this ? Did you ask for a case inquiry thru the national cust svce after 90 days ? In my case, I called them after 90 days, they said that i should hear from them in 3-4 weeks about the renewal. Did you hear about your renewal status with in 3-4 weeks or did you have to call again after 4 weeks ?

Anybody called cust svce for status inquiry after 90 days ? Anyboby got response within 3-4 weeks ? I got my iEAD but it's valid for another 6 months.

I am waiting to see what's going to happen in the next 1-2 weeks

e-file

Like I told my friends, don't ever use E-filing at least at current situation. We all know INS is a big mess, even we do the the old-fashioned way, they still make mistakes, E-filing? Big time! Just look at the procedures that doing e-filing needs, it's doomed to be inefficient! ie you first file application on line then mail your photo, these are at least two separate items that INS needs to collect separately (these dumb ass, why not let us send our photos via image files?). I filed my EAD renewal on 12/16/2003, and I got it in 1/22/2004. i don't have any problem.

I have never used e-filing to do anything with the government, just like I don't e-file my tax return that the only beneficiry is the government and to you? -- you just increased your chance to be audited. Although I have nothing to hide, I guess nobody like to be singled out. Here is my thinking, to INS, e-filing is just a stunt they put to please congress, nothing more nothing less! INS don't have the intention to update their technology. Just look at this fact, to this date, INS still can't let their database from different sites to talk to each other, that's why they still send letters to our old address though we updated our new address via several different venues, how hard can that be?

maniG

maniG

I have called NCSC as the current processing date for TSC is 30 days ahead of my RD (12/17/03). They started an enquiry after that. In the meantime I went to local office and got an interim EAD which is valid for one year.

After 4 weeks of starting enquiry I got a letter saying that my original application is denied beacause I have another application(for interim EAD) on file and its approved. They didn't mention anything about the reason being the one year validity of interim EAD.

Let me know if you have any questions.

GC6020

Re: maniG

GC6020,

Thanks for your post. I would like to know if an appointment is necessary for iEAD, how do you make the appointment for your local INS office? what kind of documents are required for iEAD?

I e-filed my 2nd EAD in Feb. 02, and didn't expect to get it in 3 months as members here told, plan to get iEAD in May.

Thanks!

Originally posted by GC6020
maniG

I have called NCSC as the current processing date for TSC is 30 days ahead of my RD (12/17/03). They started an enquiry after that. In the meantime I went to local office and got an interim EAD which is valid for one year.

After 4 weeks of starting enquiry I got a letter saying that my original application is denied beacause I have another application(for interim EAD) on file and its approved. They didn't mention anything about the reason being the one year validity of interim EAD.

Let me know if you have any questions.

GC6020

kYMEWA

kYMEWA,

Some INS offices isse iEADs on the same day and some require appointmnet. You have to visit the INS office to get an appointment. Its better to reach little early in the morning as they issue limited number of tokens per day.

These are the documents I took. (Arlington VA office)

1. A new 765 application
2. Original 765 receipt
3. 485 receipt
4. 140 approval (may be optional)
5. ID (Driver license), Passport
6. original and copies of old EADs (some officers get upset if you don't carry the copies)

Officer has only asked for 1, 2, 3.
Fees and photos not required.

GC6020

Hello All EAD e-filers:

I e-filed my First EAD on Feb 01 , 2004. Here is the IMPORTANT thing for e-filers:

On MY online receipt notice, it says:

"You must phone the BCIS National Customer Service Center at 800-375-5283 to schedule an appointment with your local Application Support Center. The ASC will collect a DIGITAL PHOTO, SIGNATURE and FP from you at your appointment. YOUR APPLICATION CANNOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL YOU HAVE APPEARED FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT AT THE ASC".

I completed the Photo/Signature and FP at the Atlanta ASC on March 26th ( 55 days after filing -- because they could not give me an earlier appointment!)- So I am mentally prepared to see my EAD approval about 45 days from March 26th.

Interestingly: I received my PAPER receipt notice from BCIS and that DOES NOT have the above paragraph on it!!

Did anyone else have a similar experience??

Another question:: Now that I have got my FP done, do you think I will still need the FP for my 485? OR are they unrelated processes???

I wish I had known these facts when I e-filed.... that sucks.....

I thought e-filing will be faster though it is not efficient as it does not save us any time as anyway we have to mail the documents. (The only difference is that we have to photograph at ASC and not at Wal-Mart and save that $10.)

I e-filed on March 09 and took an appointment to go to ASC. Eventhough, the scheduled date was nearly 40 days after, I went the next morning and LUCKILY got photograph done. (they accepted me as they had very few people, I was out within 5 minutes of entering the place).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Vulure - your 485-FP and EAD-FP is totally different. During 485-FP they take finger prints of all fingers but for EAD-FP it is only one indexed finger.

Your paper receipt is an acknowledgement that your application is received and never has a photograph.

Please do post your experience when you go to local office to get your iEAD. Also, please let us know your iEAD validity period.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now after reading all these, I am convinced that I would have to shoot for iEAD and give up hope of EAD.

Question-
I am surprized that iEAD validity varies. I read 6 months or 1 year on this thread. But I also heard a validity of 30 days. Can anyone confirm the actual validity?

longGC

Yes, iEAD validity varies. I know some poeple got for 8 months and I personally got it for an year. I went to Arlington VA office for iEAD.

GC6020

e-Filed EAD of Feb 01, 2994 approved

I e-filed my first EAD on Feb 01 and completed my FP + Photo at the Atlanta ASC on March 26th. It was approved on April 8th and online status changed to.. "....approved....card ordered".

card recd

i recd my ead card today. e-filed on feb 01, 2004, FP/Photos at local ASC in Atlanta on March 26th.

Finally got my card yesterday but my wife's case is still not approved yet. E-filed on 01/15/04.