Any delay?

Cozyhome

Registered Users (C)
I moved and I will fly back for the interview, but wonder if I can ask for oath location changed to my current location. Is there any delay?

In my case I applied from Houston, before the FP I moved to Dallas. The day I moved I filled out online change of address, and called the 800 number to update my address. I had to go to Houston for my FP and Interview. The notices arrived at my Dallas address. During the interview in Houston the IO said she cannot complete the interview and the case has to be transfered to Dallas. It took 7 months before Dallas called me for interview and Oath about a month after that.

Yeah, not a great idea to move whilst N-400 is under way.

If at all possible, I'd choose to stay in a temp place until it's all done and over with.

I moved and I will fly back for the interview, but wonder if I can ask for oath location changed to my current location. Is there any delay?
If your new residence is a location that falls under another district office, you can't just fly back for the oath, you'll have to update them about the new address and wait at least 90 days before you can do the oath.

If your new residence is a location that falls under another district office, you can't just fly back for the oath, you'll have to update them about the new address and wait at least 90 days before you can do the oath.

Not true.
My friend lived in San Diego, filed for citizenship there.
Got interviewed in San Diego in mid-December, passed. He told the IO that he would move to NYC around New Year's.
IO said to move, file AR-11 and then wait for oath notice in NYC.
Sure enough, he did move, did file for AR-11 and guess what? Got oath notice at his new NYC address for the end of January, oath to be taken in San Diego!
He scheduled an infopass and asked what was going on but then said:"You know what? Forget about it! I just wanna get over this. He flew to San Diego, took the oath and came back the day after". He's now a USC and applied for a passport in NYC.

Not true.
My friend lived in San Diego, filed for citizenship there.
Got interviewed in San Diego in mid-December, passed. He told the IO that he would move to NYC around New Year's.
IO said to move, file AR-11 and then wait for oath notice in NYC.
Sure enough, he did move, did file for AR-11 and guess what? Got oath notice at his new NYC address for the end of January, oath to be taken in San Diego!
He scheduled an infopass and asked what was going on but then said:"You know what? Forget about it! I just wanna get over this. He flew to San Diego, took the oath and came back the day after". He's now a USC and applied for a passport in NYC.
So he took advantage of a USCIS mistake. USCIS makes lots of mistakes.