Any clue on how the EB cut off date will be ?

marlon2006

Registered Users (C)
When will we know the extent of backlogs for the Employment Based Visa number availability in October 2005 ?

Any clue on whether PD = April 2002 would be OK to get I-485 processed ?

marlon2006 said:
When will we know the extent of backlogs for the Employment Based Visa number availability in October 2005 ?

Any idea what was the priority date before the retrogression?

marlon2006 said:

EB3 or EB2 ??

EB3 might go upto Oct 2002 in the best case.....anything more is really our good luck :D

Yeah -- check the old cut-off before beginning to worry ;)

I am EB3.
OK, so if the old was July 2002, in the worst case scenario I should be OK since mine is April 2002.

gcwaiting05 said:
It was July 2002 but as you might be aware it is only applicable to EB3 not EB2.

marlon2006 said:
I am EB3.
OK, so if the old was July 2002, in the worst case scenario I should be OK since mine is April 2002.
Yes - realistically you should be OK.

BUT its not guaranteed -- PD cutoff dates have indeed gone backwards before -- but I really don't expect that to happen anytime soon :)

Also your 485 RD/ND would be the next "hurdle" to cross -- I think NSC is currently processing 6/2004 cases.

Eb3

Since NSC has to process tons of asylum cases, my assumption is NSC is going to send 100s of 485(EB3) approval and REF letters on Oct 1st week.
I think they have been working on EB3 cases in the 3rd quarter and just waiting for visa numbers. I may be wrong. Thanks.

max2k1 said:
Yes - realistically you should be OK.

BUT its not guaranteed -- PD cutoff dates have indeed gone backwards before -- but I really don't expect that to happen anytime soon :)

Also your 485 RD/ND would be the next "hurdle" to cross -- I think NSC is currently processing 6/2004 cases.

The reason why NSC is moving dates with I-485 is they cannot approve any EB3's until Oct'1 2005 and there may not be many EB2's to approve. I don't why would PD cutoff dates would go backwards.

Is EB3 filers stuck forever? There is no solution to expedite the backlogs and move to PD CUTOFF DATE.

EB3, Retrogressed country,PD:04/2003
RD: I-485: 06/2004

I think the biggest HOPE for EB3s iin the near future are the immigration bills pending in the senate.

On a positive front, immigration is\was on a very visible agenda and waiting for the Senate to come back from recess (Sep 9?). On the negative front, Katrina may change the priority list and put immigration on the back burner.

www.immigration-law.com had a couple of article recently on this.

On another positive note, Diversity visa is being\may be cancelled and the numbers could be available to Employment based categories. (today's news on www.immigration-law.com) I don't know what the numbers are off hand but this is some positive news.

We have to see how things go. Priorities change overnight and the Bush\senate have Katrina\disaster recovery techniques\ high oil, gas prices etc as their biggest concern (one that would affect their political future).

I may be sounding like pessimistic but I feel the cut off dates will go beyond June 2001. I am from Colorado. Many many applications approved during last 6 to 9 months and most of them from 2001. So if I see that kind of things from other states too the october visa is really not going to help us. My PD is 2001 December. But still I feel the dates will go around June 2001. If I am wrong with my guess that will be good for all of us. Lets pray that my guess is wrong.
Thanks
KK

My guess for PD cut off date would be May 2001, yes May 2001.
Reason: the 245(i) window was from Jan to April 2001 and there were tons of applicants.

If Biometrics received during August points to anything then it concludes to that PD will move to Jan 2003 or Feb 2003. Hope for the best and keep your fingers crossed.

Guys who received Biomat 2 in Aug 2005 have PD around Jan/Feb 2003

You are correct hellobrother....

Guys who received Biomat 2 in Aug 2005 have PD around Jan/Feb 2003...therefore guess is PD = March 2003

hellobrother said:
If Biometrics received during August points to anything then it concludes to that PD will move to Jan 2003 or Feb 2003. Hope for the best and keep your fingers crossed.

I am in EB3 and my PD is Sep 2003 (485 RD April 2004). I got my 2nd Biometrics done last month. Would it be correct to assume that I would get my 485 approval since I got called for Biometrics.

Let us see...I am keeping the faith.

Guys
We did Biometrics in Aug. Would our Code 1 FP done in May2004 expire soon? :mad: I heard somewhere that COde1(10fingers, picture ) expire in 15 months.

mydearcard said:
Guys
We did Biometrics in Aug. Would our Code 1 FP done in May2004 expire soon? :mad: I heard somewhere that COde1(10fingers, picture ) expire in 15 months.
Yes - your prints expire in 15 months.

If after 15 mos your 485 is still pending, you would have to do the FP again before approval.

But sometimes I've seen cases squeak by after 1 months of FP expiry or so(so 16 months). But most cases get a 2nd FP if needed.

Max2k1/others,

Do you think I will get one more FP/biometrics if USCIS decides to approve my case? We did CODE 3 in Mar-05. My PD is 04-JUN-03.

please respond...

jambalakadi1 said:
Max2k1/others,

Do you think I will get one more FP/biometrics if USCIS decides to approve my case? We did CODE 3 in Mar-05. My PD is 04-JUN-03.

please respond...

Your Code 3 should be valid for 15 months ....
so if your 485 is not approved till that time, then you will get a Code 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will remain at July 2002 or go back to april 2002 at most.

NSC applicants need not worry about other more efficient centres taking up the visa's as they have already procesed eb3 till jan 2005.

However We will have a BIG problem if the eb3 pd become :mad: :mad: :mad: s current, then all visa's will be taken up by csc/vsc/tsc and next 5 years nsc ppl have to wait again, so lets pray the pd does not go beyond jan 2005 tp prevent other centres from stealing our visa's.