• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any Australian Winners for DV2009?

Nobody in Australia has recieved theirs yet.
I've checked and rang all my friends in the US lottery currently playing in Aus.

I think the US has excluded Australia from the winnings this year?

I am Australian and got my notification letter for dv 2009. However I am living in the states.

Melbourne. Actually I'm studying in the US at the moment, but I put my Melbourne mailing address into the lottery.

I received mine a few days ago and sent the completed forms back at lunchtime today!

Dated 10 April 2008 and my number is 2009OC000005XX

Is this a high number for Oceania? It seems fairly high compared to others, Does anyone know what the numbers actually mean?

Thanks guys, great forum!

I received mine a few days ago and sent the completed forms back at lunchtime today!

Dated 10 April 2008 and my number is 2009OC000005XX

Is this a high number for Oceania? It seems fairly high compared to others, Does anyone know what the numbers actually mean?

Thanks guys, great forum!

if things go for the dv2009 like anything dv2008, you should have you interview in december the latest

if not you should have it Feb, March

it is a really really good number, congratulations :)

Congratulations to the winners.

Does this mean that if you are Australian but haven't received your notification as yet, that's you've missed out for this year?

Hey artboy,

I'm sure there's somebody who would know the answer to your question on this forum but it's my understanding that the NL's arrive anywhere between May & July.

Is there anyone who can confirm or correct this?

Good luck artboy, let us know if your NL arrives!

Interview!!!

if things go for the dv2009 like anything dv2008, you should have you interview in december the latest

if not you should have it Feb, March

it is a really really good number, congratulations :)

Hey ubw, just saw that you have your interview tomorrow!

Best of luck, let us know how it goes!!!

:)

For those of us still waiting, when is the final date in which we know that if we haven't received a NL, that we haven't been selected in the DV-2009?

United States Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE 2009 DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT VISA PROGRAM (DV-2009)

The computer will select at random individuals from among all qualified entries. They will be notified by mail between May and July 2008 and will be provided further instructions, including information on fees connected with immigration to the U.S. Those selected in the random drawing are NOT notified by email. Those individuals NOT selected will NOT receive any notification. U.S. embassies and consulates will not be able to provide a list of successful entrants. Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 of successful entrants may also apply for visas to accompany or follow to join the principal applicant. DV-2009 visas will be issued between October 1, 2008 and September 30, 2009.

Neena, I know this. However, we already have one winner from Australia who got his NL in April. Meanwhile, the rest of us are waiting. Does that mean that, come end of June, if we haven't received a NL, that this is it?!

I don't understand why they seem to do this lottery in stages.

I don't understand why they seem to do this lottery in stages.
Because it's easier to send the letters out in stages instead of all 100'000 on the same day lol. (but I'm pretty sure that the selection is done at the same time)