• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any Australian Winners for DV2009?

why leave australia

why are the australians immigrating to USA? I would love to get some opinions from the people currently living in US coz they are able to make a better comparison. otherwiwse go Aussie!!!! go aussie!!!!

I'm a winner of last year's DV and I'm australian, however currently already reside in US due to husband got a job here (thus I'm doing AOS). Still in process, my number only just current on June 1st.

kimathiz, I've been here in the US for a little over a year now. Dont give me wrong, I miss Sydney so much and would go back in the heartbeat only because all my friends and family are there. However, it's such a great opportunity for husband and I, though it took me longer to get a job here (unemployed for about 7 mths because of the working permit situation), now I have a fantastic job and housing market in the area where we live is so affordable compare to Sydney and our mortgage interest rate is only 5.6%. There is good and bad in every place we live, but for now, we have a chance to make the best of our situation.