Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

My friend traderec you cannot imagine how very happy I feel for people who are in your stage. My friend you will no doubt have my sincerest prayers with you and your family, cause I cant wait for you to have your gc so I can only imagine how you guys feel. If I sounded remiss before sorry was not on purpose.

Hi,

Hi,
I need some advise . My friend is a US citizen, He is planning to get married to a girl living in USA. Here is the situation, The girl entered USA with out any stamping in her passport. No Visa. I guess she crossed the border at night. So, What should he do? After marriage, can he file for I 485 ? What is the best advise for him?
Please help.:(

GC interview today @ 2:10pm; wish me luck. I'll post how it goes later on today or early tomorrow

Hi,
I need some advise . My friend is a US citizen, He is planning to get married to a girl living in USA. Here is the situation, The girl entered USA with out any stamping in her passport. No Visa. I guess she crossed the border at night. So, What should he do? After marriage, can he file for I 485 ? What is the best advise for him?
Please help.:(

There is nothing anyone can do for her since she entered US without inspection.
Good Luck!

The GC interview didn't go very good. they sked me pretty straight forward questions ie: name, DOB, place of birth, where I reside, do I currently work, my parents names. They asked my husband same Q's and where he works, when and where we met and when we were married. They questioned on how I entered last (I answered when and where). The interviewer asked me if I ever claimed being a US citizen (I answered No). She then stated they need to do a RFE on my medical (the MA placed in comment box why a chest X-ray to r/o TB was done instead of a PPD skin test and her comments were "as per patient had positive reaction in the past"-so the medical needs to be rewritten. They also needed an affadavit on my last entry to the US or a waiver form done (I-160). Then they also needed to investigate because my husband was delivered by a midwife (He stated that he served in the marines and has a valid passport but that didn't make a difference). Well seems like I'm back to square one.

The GC interview didn't go very good. they sked me pretty straight forward questions ie: name, DOB, place of birth, where I reside, do I currently work, my parents names. They asked my husband same Q's and where he works, when and where we met and when we were married. They questioned on how I entered last (I answered when and where). The interviewer asked me if I ever claimed being a US citizen (I answered No). She then stated they need to do a RFE on my medical (the MA placed in comment box why a chest X-ray to r/o TB was done instead of a PPD skin test and her comments were "as per patient had positive reaction in the past"-so the medical needs to be rewritten. They also needed an affadavit on my last entry to the US or a waiver form done (I-160). Then they also needed to investigate because my husband was delivered by a midwife (He stated that he served in the marines and has a valid passport but that didn't make a difference). Well seems like I'm back to square one.

hey svana,

Dont worry everything is gonna be fine just send in the affidavit and did they tell you to do the medical again or just need to fill out the paperwork ?

Svana - Please don't be discouraged! They seem to be asking for the right things and nothing out of the ordinary. I have a good feeling about your case and I am sure you will get you GC soon. Just make sure you provide them with the information requested at your earliest.

Okay people, one more F-4 recipient gets his GC today! Here's his experience:

Hi gang!!! That's what happened to me: I came in around 7:05am since my appointment was for 7:30am. Ir was a little chilly, so I decided to go in and wait for my attorney inside. They requested my forms and asked me to go to the 2nd floor. I told them I needed to wait for my attorney and they told me that it would be ok and to let the officer know if he or she called me and my attorney was not there.
My attorney came in and we waited for about 1hr, 45min. Finally they called us. The lady asked us to make an oath and started asking for original documents: Birth certificates, marriage certificates, my brother's naturalization certification, passports, proof I was here in Dec.2000, if I had a child and his birth certificate, any proof with my name and wife's. Then, she started asking those questions: Yes or No from the I-485. After she finished, she said everything looked fine. It was so quick. All did not last more than 10
minutes. It was just too quick. She was a very nice lady. Well, the bottom of it: My GC is cominggggg in the mailllllllll!!!!!!!

Svana, i just don't get it. what's wrong if you're husband was delivered by a midwife? I'm sure he is a US citizen plus he got passport. my husband is a marine too. did they tell you if you got approved or nothing at all. where did you have your interview?
Citi- am glad your interview was great.

Svana, i just don't get it. what's wrong if you're husband was delivered by a midwife? I'm sure he is a US citizen plus he got passport. my husband is a marine too. did they tell you if you got approved or nothing at all. where did you have your interview?
Citi- am glad your interview was great.

No it wasn't my interview, its one of my friends at another site. Mine is next tuesday!

My interview was in Harlingen texas and what happened was that my husband was delivered by a midwife and she got busted forging birth records of mexican children by filing paperwork in the US and falsely registering them as US citizens. Because of this, they need to check all of his biographic info and check if his birth was ever registered in Mexico (luckily it wasn't as years back he attempted to buy property in MX and couldn't d/t being a non-citizen. My interview was in Harlingen Texas; All my case status changed to yesterday, I got a Hard lud on I-130-status changed from acceptance to initial review, I had a hard LUD on my I-765 -again for crd production and a soft LUD on my I-485 with no status change. They stated that this case requires RFE and that was it. As for the medical the officer wanted it re-written as the medical is good for a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend traderec you cannot imagine how very happy I feel for people who are in your stage. My friend you will no doubt have my sincerest prayers with you and your family, cause I cant wait for you to have your gc so I can only imagine how you guys feel. If I sounded remiss before sorry was not on purpose.

Karjoon: take it easy... I was joking with you. All of your posts are always full of positive comments and good will to every one...how can I be upset?... on the contrary, I'm very grateful that even though we have never met you are taking the time to wish my family and I good luck... so relax and keep spreading good will and hope to all of us in the forum! we certainly need it and it is very much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay people, one more F-4 recipient gets his GC today! Here's his experience:

... lady asked us to make an oath and started asking for original documents: Birth certificates, marriage certificates, my brother's naturalization certification, passports, ...

citi: can you ask the person if they actually had the original naturalization certificate of the petitioner? I was hoping a copy would be good enough!

citi: can you ask the person if they actually had the original naturalization certificate of the petitioner? I was hoping a copy would be good enough!

If your petition is based on marriage so you should have your wife original naturalization certificate. coz the IO compares the copy with the original so it is better for you to take the original as well.

If your petition is based on marriage so you should have your wife original naturalization certificate. coz the IO compares the copy with the original so it is better for you to take the original as well.

The petitioner is my brother. He lives in CA and I'm in FL. He'll have to fedex me the document etc... I'm just trying to find out if I really need the original... I just don't see why they would insist on seeing the original!? It should be extremely easy for them to verify that a person is a USC given a copy of the naturalization certificate...
If someone know if this is indeed a requirement (a very stupid one, I may add), please let me know ASAP so that I can procure the thing before our Interview (still 2-3 weeks away)...

Thanks!