Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

Here folks, I rest my case. Those who still want to travel on AP, feel free...............................

Q19. Can I travel outside the United States if I have an immigrant visa petition or labor certification application filed on my behalf on or before April 30, 2001?

A19. If you are living illegally in the United States, the mere filing of a visa petition or application for a labor certification has no effect on your current immigration status or unlawful presence in the United States. If you leave the United States, you will have no authorization to re-enter the country.

When you file your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485), there is a way to obtain permission in advance to travel abroad by requesting "Advance Parole" from INS. However, if you have accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence, you should not travel abroad because you then will be barred from admission to the United States for either three years or 10 years, even if you were granted "Advance Parole." Generally, the three-year bar to admission applies to those who were unlawfully present in the United States for more than 180 days and leave the country, and the 10-year bar applies to those who were unlawfully present in the United States for one year or more and leave the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
morejunk, did u happen to file the g-1145? i didnt...and my package was received by uscis the same time as yours and i havent received an email or mail yet.

If you haven't filed the e-mail request form then you won't receive an e-mail. Keep an eye on your check, you physical notice will show a day or two after they cash the check.

Hi guys this is my AOS timeline.
08/11/2010 => Day 1 => Sent package via UPS
08/13/2010 => Day 3 => Package received by USCIS Chicago
08/19/2010 => Day 9 => Email from USCIS
08/20/2010 => Day10 => Case online
08/21/2010 => Day11 => Notice of Action received and Checks cashed (cashier's check).
will update as soon as I receive news fr USCIS.

Hi

Sorry everybody I figured out how.

Here is my timeline so far. I am F4 current living in NY.
My pd is current but I have not yet sent out anything cause I was having problems with marrige license have it now. Next week I will fedex everything to atty. So I just wanted to join this forum. Good luck to everyone who is patiently waitng for gc.

An uspdate on status:

8/6/2010 => Day 1 => Mailed I-130/I-485 to Chicago lockbox
8/9/2010 => Day 4 => Package received by USCIS Chicago
8/17/2010 => Day 12 => Email from USCIS with receipt numbers
8/19/2010 => Day 14 => Received notices of action (receipts) in the mail

morejunk, did u happen to file the g-1145? i didnt...and my package was received by uscis the same time as yours and i havent received an email or mail yet.

Yes, I filed G-1145. Even if you didn't, you should be getting the notices of action (receipts) in the mail any day now. I got mine on 8/19/2010. Good luck.

Does your I-765 application number shows online? Mine is not showing and I have made an inquiry with the USCIS.

08/06/2010 - Mailed to Chicago office Express Mail (i485, i485a, i864, i765, i131 etc.)
08/09/2010 - Received by Chicago USCIS Chicago Express.
08/18/2010 - Checks cashed
08/21/2010 - NOA's received in the mail

now waiting for biometrics letter.

and i just ran the noa number and it shows up on the uscis website.
did you get your biometrics letter yet citi?

Ok everybody I am really cutting it close, finally got my marriage certificate from Trinidad, so tommorow I will fed ex everything to my atty. Wish me luck!

08/12/2010 => Day 00 => Package sent by overnight FEDEX to Chicago lockbox
08/13/2010 => Day 01 => Package received and signed for in Chicago (hopefully lucky Friday 13th)
08/23/2010 => Day 11 => Email and Text receipt notification (confusingly with 4 different MSC numbers?)
08/23/2010 => Day 11 => Cheques (or I suppose I should say checks now) cashed - $1010 and $355.

Filed I130 for my mother:
08/16/2010(Day 0) Package sent by USPS priority mail to Chicago lockbox
08/18/2010(Day 2) Package received and signed for in Chicago

It seems on average 10 days to get next step update. So, I'm expecting to provide an update on 08/28.

Hi everybody, I haven't made up all my fees as yet trying desperately too. Does anybody know that if I dont file by the end of Aug cause my pd is 4-30-01 F4 , if I will still be able to file in SEPT under 245i?

Good News: Once you have a current PD, you can apply whenever you please, there is no expiration.
Not So Good News: The longer you wait, there are very slim chances that the PD's may retrogress.

Oh thank you so very much Cit786 , you have been very helpful I think that after this process we should send you to law school lol, so that you can continue to help people. I hope that everything works out for you and everybody who is waiting.