Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

Good luck Immi!!!!!! And, who cares if youre the last one, youll be the newest greencard holder!. You will be in my prayers.

Hello everyone,

I have married my wife since May 2010. Today, we go to the TAX service to file our income for 2010. The TAX officer told me that if we file the income tax together, we will get about $2800. If we file separately, each will get about $2100. I don't know if we file separately, will it affect our 10-year green card later? I need your advice. Thanks

Married - filing jointly will not have any effect on GC.

Hello everyone,

I have married my wife since May 2010. Today, we go to the TAX service to file our income for 2010. The TAX officer told me that if we file the income tax together, we will get about $2800. If we file separately, each will get about $2100. I don't know if we file separately, will it affect our 10-year green card later? I need your advice. Thanks

My interview experience
Arrived at Holtsville at 8:10 - brand new USCIS office (btw for NYers there will be no more Garden City Office it will be relocated to Holtsville and Long Island City) -
I was called 1 hour later by probably the best officer you could find. He swore us in - then he said when I first got your case I was a bit wary - first cultural difference and age difference ) my husband is 20 yrs older than I am ) he said but he felt better after seeing three children birth certificate.

He was extremely funny - he talked to my husband in Russian asking him whether we should send her back - I said in Russian " I understand everything you are saying" He said Russian is a hard language so I am impressed.

He asked for my I94, and my passport - Employment authorization - He asked for pictures - I offered my bank statements - deed insurance he said he didn't need them.

Then he said - well either your marriage is real or your guys are really good actors - if your marriage is not real I suggest you move to California and talk to Tom Cruise to get you acting jobs - He sent us to a deli for breakfast - and told us to come back in one hour for my passport, When I came back my passport was stamped so I can travel immediately - he kept the EAD.

SO once again thanks everyone for the generous support you have provided over these 6 months - it was not that long after all - waiting makes everything seem longer
Waiting on the card in the mail now!

Hi immiqrous,

By all means, what is the stamp on the passport.

Before anything else, CONGRATULATIONS!

My husband I have been married since December 2009 and got my green card on January 2011.

I have looked all the pages of my passport and couldn't find the stamp which the other filers are talking about.

Will you be able to illustrate me how it looks like?

Thank you.

My interview experience
Arrived at Holtsville at 8:10 - brand new USCIS office (btw for NYers there will be no more Garden City Office it will be relocated to Holtsville and Long Island City) -
I was called 1 hour later by probably the best officer you could find. He swore us in - then he said when I first got your case I was a bit wary - first cultural difference and age difference ) my husband is 20 yrs older than I am ) he said but he felt better after seeing three children birth certificate.

He was extremely funny - he talked to my husband in Russian asking him whether we should send her back - I said in Russian " I understand everything you are saying" He said Russian is a hard language so I am impressed.

He asked for my I94, and my passport - Employment authorization - He asked for pictures - I offered my bank statements - deed insurance he said he didn't need them.

Then he said - well either your marriage is real or your guys are really good actors - if your marriage is not real I suggest you move to California and talk to Tom Cruise to get you acting jobs - He sent us to a deli for breakfast - and told us to come back in one hour for my passport, When I came back my passport was stamped so I can travel immediately - he kept the EAD.

SO once again thanks everyone for the generous support you have provided over these 6 months - it was not that long after all - waiting makes everything seem longer
Waiting on the card in the mail now!

Hi Jay Kat I have been reading conflicting views on the stamp in the passport - some people said the IO told them that they do not issue the stamp anymore and Ive read some got the stamp.

The stamp serves as temporary I-551, I can use this for reentry if I travel l while I wait for the Greencard - after I get the gc I probably would not need this stamp.
Also because he took my EAD - the stamp also says employment authorized.

Its a red stamp with a dry seal around it if you google temporary I-551 - lok under images and you will see what it looks like - but since you have your Greencard there is no need for it.

I already received an email that my card was in production.
Thanks

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.
Congrats Cavicchi . Good luck on Thursday Karjoon - this forum will soon come to a closure. Wishing everyone a successful future

Well all my friends had my interview yesterday and it went well ,HOWEVER BEFORE THE INTERVIEW EVEN STARTED THE OFFICER TOLD US WE WILL NOT GET OUR GREEN CARD CAUSE IT RETROGRESS BACK TO 2000 SO NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL ..... SHE TOLD THAT WE MIGHT HAVE TO DO OVER FP NO VISAS WERE AVAILABLE . WELL THAT WAS OUR LUCK WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT , OH SHE WROTE IN OUR PASSPORT I-485 PENDING WITH OUR A#. SO MY SAGA CONTINUES ...

Karjoon - how long do you have to wait? This is crazy . Are you able to travel with that stamp? This really sucks I was so happy because I got my actual card just now in the mail but now I feel really down for you. :(

Well all my friends had my interview yesterday and it went well ,HOWEVER BEFORE THE INTERVIEW EVEN STARTED THE OFFICER TOLD US WE WILL NOT GET OUR GREEN CARD CAUSE IT RETROGRESS BACK TO 2000 SO NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL ..... SHE TOLD THAT WE MIGHT HAVE TO DO OVER FP NO VISAS WERE AVAILABLE . WELL THAT WAS OUR LUCK WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT , OH SHE WROTE IN OUR PASSPORT I-485 PENDING WITH OUR A#. SO MY SAGA CONTINUES ...

Karjoon, we are in the same F4 boat. I guess the feeling is not the same as if it was an actual approval.
but God is still on our side, only a matter of time. We just have to wait it out.
I t would be a good idea to have a thread for F4 Retrogression.
All the best.

11/10/10: Mailed Adjustment Packet
11/16/10: Packet received by USCIS
11/24/10: Checks Cashed
11/29/10: Received NOA'S in the mail
12/06/10: Received Biometrics Appointment
12/29/10: Biometrics Done
01/14/11: Interview Letter Received
02/04/11: Card Production Ordered
02/14/11: EAD received
02/18/11: Interview (Pending Retrogression)

immiqrous thank you very much for your support but please don't feel down cause you had something great happen to you you got your gc and very happy for you. They actually write in our passport I485 pending with our A# we really cant do anything with that so we will continue to wait and keep hope, faith and everything else. I believe that their is a reason and I just dont know what it is only god knows.