Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

As I read new threads this morning I really appreciate our group so much more. There is so much uncivilized behavior among members. i just get a kick out of how grown people act like high school kids.

We got it!!!!!
Just coming back from the USCIS office... they just wanted me to confirm my trips outside of the US (huh!?)... Both my wife and I had only one in the last 20 years... anyways I presented a hand written note of my only 2 entries in 20 years... and two very old I-94's (wife's and mine). As expected, the rookie gave me her nice but puzzled look... then she said: "gotta go talk to my supervisor"... 5-10 minutes later, she came back and uttered a single sentence "we are good!"... I lost track from that moment on... I was so happy...

I suspect the rookie had not touched our file in the last almost two months we have been waiting (God bless her!). Anyways... being a rookie, she couldn't get her computer to do the paperwork... so she had to step outside of the office for another 10 min (excruciating wait...) and then came back saying: "ok... got that done!" another couple of minutes on her computer and she printed the letters saying case approved, wait for card on the mail, etc, etc. Then she took our passports and stamped them... glorious! I wanted to hug her... as a matter of fact I told her: I want to give you a hug... but I'm not going to do it because it may not be appropriate... she said she understood... :)

Thanks to all the forum members that have so generously shared their information, experiences and advice. It is our unity that gives us strength! Special thanks to the folks that have always sent a word of hope our way... and, of course, best of lucks to folks still waiting: may your day come soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
We got it!!!!!
Just coming back from the USCIS office... they just wanted me to confirm my trips outside of the US (huh!?)... Both my wife and I had only one in the last 20 years... anyways I presented a hand written note of my only 2 entries in 20 years... and two very old I-94's (wife's and mine). As expected, the rookie gave me her nice but puzzled look... then she said: "gotta go talk to my supervisor"... 5-10 minutes later, she came back and uttered a single sentence "we are good!"... I lost track from that moment on... I was so happy...

I suspect the rookie had not touched our file in the last almost two months we have been waiting (God bless her!). Anyways... being a rookie, she couldn't get her computer to do the paperwork... so she had to step outside of the office for another 10 min (excruciating wait...) and then came back saying: "ok... got that done!" another couple of minutes on her computer and she printed the letters saying case approved, wait for card on the mail, etc, etc. Then she took our passports and stamped them... glorious! I wanted to hug her... as a matter of fact I told her: I want to give you a hug... but I'm not going to do it because it may not be appropriate... she said she understood... :)

Thanks to all the forum members that have so generously shared their information, experiences and advice. It is our unity that gives us strength! Special thanks to the folks that have always sent a word of hope our way... and, of course, best of lucks to folks still waiting: may your day come soon!

Traderc I am super happy for you. Its all finally over and now you can relax and enjoy the rest of the life. I still pray for everybody and always will. This thread has given so much hope for all the August and different months filers. Will be in contact God bless you.

Cada43 congratulations congratulations now all your dreams will become reality my friend good luck.

Traderec my friend congratulations heartily to you and your great family. May all your and your family dreams become fulfill my friend. I feel your happiness .

CONGRATS!!! - one down and a few more to go here - I actually got my IL in the mail today set for Feb 08th - cannot wait!!!

Congrats Trader!
You started this thread on August 5th, 2010 and finally you get rewarded for it. Best wishes!

Awesome Immi!!!, and thank you all. I wish everyone a very happy and successful rest of their lives, now green. Hopefully future filers can learn from this group. Bc i sure did, and a lot. Trader, citi, karjoon, and Immi. Thank you all, and good luck :)

Faddu, long time no see?
Boy oh boy, life is getting better day by day. I am glad that I have found a job in the banking industry and been working there for 3 weeks now. Saw my first paycheck after almost 4 years. Finally able to apply for medical benefits and 401k. Hundreds of doors open BUT we must to realize that we HAVE to use this privilege (GC) to the fullest. Make up for the time and opportunities we lost.
God Bless & Cheers!
P.S., I'll throw a party once Karjoon & Family (our spiritual leader) gets their GC's.........<<;--))

got our welcome letters this week! so im guessing another couple days til the real cards~

had an infopass, turned out our IO was on vacation so another IO took a quick look and adjudicated the CSPA part of our case and next day, card production txt/email =)

grats to everyone else, immi/trader/cada~

now time to see a recruiter lol

Oh boy Im panicking - IL Letter said to bring spouse's birth certificate -problem is after our move last summer - I just cannot find it - it will be impossible to have a new one for Feb -08th
would the Naturalization certificate suffice ? Please help .

Citi how did a 4 year lapse in employment affect your ability to find a new job (were you questioned about this in your job interview) I have been here for 10 years - my husband is self employed (construction industry) and I have been the front end person without pay of course - he says his money is my money and my money is his - I am very proficient in computer use and great communication skills etc - problem is Ive been scouring craigslist for jobs and they all ask for experience - some even paid experience. This is also looking like a hurdle for me. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Faddu, long time no see?
Boy oh boy, life is getting better day by day. I am glad that I have found a job in the banking industry and been working there for 3 weeks now. Saw my first paycheck after almost 4 years. Finally able to apply for medical benefits and 401k. Hundreds of doors open BUT we must to realize that we HAVE to use this privilege (GC) to the fullest. Make up for the time and opportunities we lost.
God Bless & Cheers!
P.S., I'll throw a party once Karjoon & Family (our spiritual leader) gets their GC's.........<<;--))

Salam Citi786,

i am really happy for you that you had found a job and now working. I had been busy in the family thing and these days i am looking for colleges. Atleast now i know i am not gonna be a international student lol.
This thread has given all of us so much hope and now i feel every member of this thread as a family member hope everyone gets there green card soon and soon inshallah we will start a new thread for N400 citizenship. I hope all goes well

Hello everyone, I am an august 2010 filer as well. I arrived here on K1 Visa.
Here is my time-line

Married to USC June 2010

8/11/2010 Day 1 Mailed I-485/I-765 to Chicago lockbox
8/18/2010 Day 8 Package received by USCIS Chicago
8/28/2010 Day 18 Received notices of action (receipts) in the mail
9/01/2010 Day 22 Case transferred to CSC (California Service Center)
10/2/2010 Day 53 Made Service Request Call to 18003755284
10/28/2010 Day 79 Letter received for biometrics (14th Nov)
11/01/2010 Day 83 did walk in biometrics
11/01/2010 Day 83 EAD approved
11/03/2010 Day 85 EAD Card production ordered
11/10/2010 Day 92 Case transferred to Local office (Washington D.C.)
11/12/2010 Day 94 EAD received
12/16/2010 Day 128 Made Service Request Call to 18003755284 ( They gave me a service request ID but still no response till 01/10/2011)
01/10/2011 Day 152 ........ no update and i am still waiting for IL ..........

If anyone on same boat or have any idea why they can't send me IL ?, they have sent me EAD thing right after biometrics then WHY not IL.

I am trying make an appointment with infopass but when i click on 'to make an appointment for follow up request ' then it say on Web-site that they can't schedule an appointment for those people who want to know the current status of their case

phew

Aww thank you citi786 for your kindness. I think that we all should really plan and have a great big party. Our interview is on Thursday 13 starting at 12:30 it's three of us . A little nervous but it will be ok. Thank you for all your help and support my friend.

Oh boy Im panicking - IL Letter said to bring spouse's birth certificate -problem is after our move last summer - I just cannot find it - it will be impossible to have a new one for Feb -08th
would the Naturalization certificate suffice ? Please help .

Citi how did a 4 year lapse in employment affect your ability to find a new job (were you questioned about this in your job interview) I have been here for 10 years - my husband is self employed (construction industry) and I have been the front end person without pay of course - he says his money is my money and my money is his - I am very proficient in computer use and great communication skills etc - problem is Ive been scouring craigslist for jobs and they all ask for experience - some even paid experience. This is also looking like a hurdle for me. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

I have 15+ years of experience in banking in US. I had been trying to find a banking job since I got me EAD. Unfortunately with the current economy and banks going under, I had a very hard time. Thanks to their prayers (my dad and my late mom) I was blessed with the opportunity once again. I was very honest when asked about he reason I had to quit my last banking job. I am not sure which state are you in, but do let me know and maybe we can figure something out.
God Bless

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, approved today..no stamp, card in mail 2/3 weeks.

F4 - USC Sister petitioner to Brother and derivatives - Newark, NJ

Self - wife and son derivatives - all approved..

IO - wonderful guy, smiled all the way, I engaged him in conversation. He was ready to talk..

He verified original BC, Marriage Certificate, Wife and son BC...
Sister's photo ID - passport.

Few questions from I485 ....
Asked my 12 year son of his Bio - DOB, Mom's and Dad's names..

Thanks to everyone here...
I will visit daily so any questions will be welcome..

kks,

I know your FB4 but did you have to prove your relationship with wife or just your sponsor ? sister

kks,

I know your FB4 but did you have to prove your relationship with wife or just your sponsor ? sister

OK, I figure that's where marriage certificate comes in. But do I need other things like tax returns, joint accounts etc?