Any advice starting GC PERM process.

sumesh11

Registered Users (C)
I have worked XXX for 2 years, now they are ready to apply for my GC (PERM). I have got my H1B in Feb ’07. I am currently in my 1st year of the H1B. I have got my H1B for 3 yr.

1.) Should I wait a bit and they apply for my GC or should go ahead.

2.) IF my PERM is approved can I change a job or need to stick to it till I get my I-140 is approved.

Any suggestion will be helpful

Thanks

z
I have worked XXX for 2 years, now they are ready to apply for my GC (PERM). I have got my H1B in Feb ’07. I am currently in my 1st year of the H1B. I have got my H1B for 3 yr.

1.) Should I wait a bit and they apply for my GC or should go ahead. This is individual choice

2.) IF my PERM is approved can I change a job or need to stick to it till I get my I-140 is approved. You can change job any time provided your employer does not cancell the PERM/PERM approval.
Any suggestion will be helpful

Thanks

1. Whether to start or not?

If you have a long term plan in US, you must start the GC process at the earliest. For the benefits of GC, please read the other thread with subject "benefit". However, its a long term process, so you may want to make sure that you are comfortable with the current employer for years to come.

2. Change of Employer - In face, you can change the employer any time during the GC process only thing you may have to redo the process with the new employer, but in certain cases, you may not. Looks like if you change the employer, still your proprity date will be same as the one you got with the earlier employer. you can read more on immihelp.com

abhijit