Any 485 denials ???

VSC1997

Registered Users (C)
Please share experiences. If any body had recvd denials because of company name change (guessing). Not yet recvd the letter of denial from VCS. Issued by VSC on Aug 31, 2000.

No Title

This is very sad. Make me mad to know that it is same company and they approve for few and deny for few. Well I will suggest that you talk to senetor and see how that works. BTW did u redo I-140 or just supplied info. My company was also bought by another. We did I-140 redo. Took a month and got new I-140 approved on August 18th 2000. Lets see what will happen in my case. Just praying.

No Title

Called VSC and IIO told me it was denied.
Automated mesg says decision was mailed to me.
Sent on 31, AUG

No Title

I think you are from Rapidigm.
I am really sad. I know how hard it will be. Try to relax.
What is your next step. Can you ask them to reopen the file?
What will be your status now. Can you continue to work in US?
I am also from Rapidigm. I ahve sent in my rfe with the emp letter.
485 was in old name but the emp letter is in new name.
Thanks

No Title

Hi RTN_TO_INDIA,

You are right. I am from Rapidigm.
Since I didn\'t yet to recve the denial
notice I can\'t re-open the file.
Same as your case. Sent RFE on Aug 21 and
INS responded today with this info.
I have my H1-B valid upto Sep 2001.
Could you give your 485 details ??

No Title

Did VSC asked for your employment letter ? If Yes then why the hell Rapidigm gave you employment letter on the new letterhead, why not on the old one.

Is is the letterhead only which matters or something else also.

I my case they have ask for employment letter for spouse who is secondary applicant. I don\'t know what to do.

Can you please suggest something.

(DG)

No Title

First of all, I believe, name change is not subjected to denial. INS would request you either to file new I-140 or request for more evidence to show that Federal-Id has not changed. That is why, I think he is lying unless it is for some other reason.

No Title

Why shld some body post false info to this site.
What will you gain out of this. In my case the
1st RFE requested for name change clarification.
No management or merger happended to my company
and the tax id remains the same and hence my attorney
didn\'t file for new I-140. RFE from INS clearly states this.

No Title

Denied or Intent to Deny? that is the question.

\'Intent to Deny\' is not the same as denial of application. Talk to your lawyer and employer. Wait for the letter and see what it actually says.

No Title

vsc97,
i think your\'s should get approved anyday. I think your\'s probably got picked up randomly for more info.

-Rohan

No Title

Because, some one last week posted some bogus message. My company changed its name and couple of them got rfe and got approvals.

So, you are saying that INS requested you to file new 140? Since, you attoreny didn\'t file new 140 they denied your case?

Is that what your are saying.

No Title

Hi Sensor,
INS didn\'t ask to file I-140 again.
They just asked for details about company
name change and attorney responed for the
name change.

No Title

Guys,

There has got be some misunderstanding. I called my Attorney to check with him on denials. He says the INS can not deny because of a name change. At worst you may have to refile a new I-140. I don\'t know how this guy could have been rejected, unless we are missing facts! Man, this is scary...