Another Interesting one:H1 to B2

sach04

Registered Users (C)
I was on H1 for last 5 years and now I have returned to India to avoid being out of status. Now I intend to switch to B2 visa to visit usa since I have some property to take care of there and then come back.
Do you think I can be rejected B2 visa on the intent of changing back to H1 in usa as its quite possible if I get job offer. I will be apply from Bombay consulate
Any suggestions, tips
Thanks

Suggestion only.

you can show the details of the property and a possible plan of return while applying for B2. Of course there is always the possibility of you switching to H1 after coming here. A non refundable round trip ticket and proof of advertisement to dispose of property can help.

Are these necessary things?

well, good suggestion, but dont u think it can be risky to buy a return ticket before I get my Visa approved?
Ya I can advertize on Internet at most for my property and take a print out of that. thats a goodone. do u think thats good enough.
Plus I am getting a letter from my US citizen friend a letter to say that he has my property, wouldnt that corroborate my case.I am also getting his passport copies.
anything else needed?

Well...

For B2 cases return tickets are evidence of strong intent of coming back.
Your friend\'s letter is useless, because more than the reason that you have some unfinished business in US, your non-immigrant intent and its proof is very important for a B2. If you can advertise over the internet and can maintain email contact with your citizen friend or some agent why do you need to go to US- will be the kind of questioning from the US consulate.
Didn\'t mean to scare you but wished to realign your focus towards proof of non immigration intent. That is all.

Does Return ticket REALLY conform ur non-immigrant intent ?

Got your point, sounds strong. thanks
Ok now if I buy return ticket and show as proof for returning back intent, dont u think, its still possible for me change to H1B when I am in USA. So does it really make difference,
 or is there really anyway to prove that I am going to take care of my business only. Plus what else you can do than applying for B2 visa to take care of property as car, boat$$. Ofcourse I need to be present to do all that in good manner.
Wow so much struggle and tension just to visit.
Ok one more thing, how about this case
What if I show proof of my Job in India(offer letter) and property on my name, isnt that suffcient to prove non-immigrant intent now?
thx
sachin