Another Fraud !

I guess it goes to show that people should familiarize themselves with immigration laws before planning their immigration strategy.

I don't buy that "she didn't know" theory... She orchestrated the entire scheme and read enough to know it would take 2-3 years to get an unconditional GC... But she did not know it was illegal? Yeah right... :rolleyes:

I'd have to agree with you, Praetorian, but I thought about it and what alerted the USCIS to her fraud in the first place, perhaps that they didn't know they had to maintain (or at least pretend to maintain) a good faith marriage? Like the fact they didn't live together and etc., shouldn't she at least have tried a little harder if she knew the law? Maybe she just thought she could get away with anything?

Looks to me she perfectly knew exactly what what she was doing... "did not know the laws" is just the line of defense.

IMHO and I am no legal expert.

I don't buy that "she didn't know" theory... She orchestrated the entire scheme and read enough to know it would take 2-3 years to get an unconditional GC... But she did not know it was illegal? Yeah right... :rolleyes:

I don't buy it either. C'mon!

And with a last name Kalinina (very Russian - hint, hint), and being blond (very Russian as well), she is trying to convince the judge of her being persecuted for her Armenian heritage (not Slavic, Russian or looking anything like it)? I hope that judge has some knowledge about Russia, coz I look more Armenian that that girl!

I don't buy it either. C'mon! <skipped>I hope that judge has some knowledge about Russia, coz I look more Armenian that that girl!

I do not know how Armenian you look :) but I did alert a couple of friends from Zhivoy Zhurnal (who happen to live in the area) to look into the situation.. after all, it taints us all.

Regards.

I don't buy it either. C'mon!

And with a last name Kalinina (very Russian - hint, hint), and being blond (very Russian as well), she is trying to convince the judge of her being persecuted for her Armenian heritage (not Slavic, Russian or looking anything like it)? I hope that judge has some knowledge about Russia, coz I look more Armenian that that girl!

I would have to disagree that being blond is very Russian. Most people have brown hair and most women color it, so you can't even tell the natural color.
This girl could in fact be Armenian or half Armenian (Armenian mom and Russian dad, thus the Russian last name). The court can order a DNA test to determine her heritage.

I do not even know why the courts waste time on the case, deport her immediately, they say they did not know, well shame on them for not reading up on the law. It is things like this that make the people who use the system legally very angry.
The defence of being persecuted, she had an asylum app pending, why did she not just wait for the outcome of that.
Deport her immediately and also the boyfriend, he is of no benefit either being here illegally.

I would have to disagree that being blond is very Russian. Most people have brown hair and most women color it, so you can't even tell the natural color.
This girl could in fact be Armenian or half Armenian (Armenian mom and Russian dad, thus the Russian last name). The court can order a DNA test to determine her heritage.

the point is that in Russia people who DON'T LOOK as slavics are being persecuted, taunted, sometimes hunted down, and it's awful. Even the police usually goes after non-Slavic looking people thinking they are illegal aliens. So, you think every neo-Nazi in Russia is ordering a DNA test before they beat up a Russian looking woman on the street just to check whether she has any Armenian roots? give me a break! They simply go after somebody who is not blond, and has a darker complexion, or other traits that "give them away"...

She looks like a regular Russian woman and has a Russian first and last name. So, please...

Last edited by a moderator:
They simply go after somebody who is not blond, and has a darker complexion, or other traits that "give them away"...

This is the most ridiculous comment: 80% if not more of people in Russia are NOT BLONDE. Are you trying to suggest that the police are going after the majority in the country?

So, you think every neo-Nazi in Russia is ordering a DNA test before they beat up a Russian looking woman on the street just to check whether she has any Armenian roots? give me a break!

Here we are talking about American justice system, not hooligans on the streets. Look at those asylees who claim religious/ethnic persecution fleeing from the former SU. Do all of them look what they claim to be? These applications are based on evidence of persecution, not physical appearance.
My point was: you cannot determine someone's heritage based only on their appearance.

People, people

This is southern California. Look at the dark roots in her "Blond Hair" in the picture - like every other gal here. And the idiot she married wanted a car. They all deserve each other.

BTW.....do you guys really think she will leave the country. She will simply leave and come back in another way with new document. What has she got to lose? Nothing.

The girl doesn't look russian, neither she's blond (though it is not related). Her boyfriends' last name in the article is armenian.

This is the most ridiculous comment: 80% if not more of people in Russia are NOT BLONDE. Are you trying to suggest that the police are going after the majority in the country?
My point was: you cannot determine someone's heritage based only on their appearance.
no, only the police checks your docs on the street a lot more often, if you are not blond and slavic looking, and people on adoption forums don't want to adopt a non-slavic looking kid because they are afraid that the kid will be taunted (not because he looks different from the adoptive parents). Oh, yes, and the followers of the "Russia for Russian" movement may poke you with a knife on a train, cut your face up with a broken bottle or if you are lucky - just beat you up. If you don't look Slavic and white.

My uncle who is a 100% Russian gets stopped on the street and asked by the police to see his passport all the time because he has jet black hair and mustache. The police thinks he may be Chechen or Armenian or Azerbajdzhani. But the passport has a russian name in it, so they let him go every time. If his name weren't Russian, he may spend a night in the precinct - just in case, to check it out. So, there, with the stupid movement "Russia is for Russians" that is lifting its ugly head in the biggest country in the world, people are being discriminated against a lot more than they are discriminated against here in the States. But this girl looks Russian and has a Russian name, and the fact that she broke the law and tried to stay in the US using any means possible - legal or illegal, shows that she may as well lie about everything else.

So, who can really say that she really does have any Armenian roots and does get discriminated against on this basis? I hope the judge sees it for what it is. And, as far as I know, the US doesn't recognize Armenians as an officially persecuted ethnicity in Russia.

I guess we can all agree that there's racism to some degree in many countries, and the same person in one country can get a very different reaction in another. I was insulted/beaten/stuffed in trash cans as a kid by fellow elementry and high school students in Austria because I don't look typically Austrian and they wouldn't stop until I said "a word in a foreign language" to prove to them I'm not Austrian. So, if kids already have so much hatred, I can certainly believe that this is going on all over the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
waoo, thats is so unbelieving, an advert in craiglist for fraud marriage! Some people really need to relax and think, then make good use of their God- given wisdom, to go around this trouble earth.