Another FP notice lost...

marooned42

Registered Users (C)
After being on hold for about 30 mins, I managed to get an IO on the phone.

She: How can I help you?
Me: I have a few questions about my I-485.
She: Ok
(Silence)
Me: Aren't you going to look up my case?
She: No sir, have you checked the online status?
Me: Yes
She: That's the current status of your case sir.
Me: There has been no change in the past 6 months.
She: When they're ready to process your case, they will let you know sir. Till then it is pending.
(She's about to hangup)
Me: The thing is, my fingerprints have expired and I have not received a second FP notice.
(A few seconds of silence as she's probably trying to decide whether to continue this call or not)
She: What's your receipt number?
Me: EAC04...
She: We sent you a fingerprint notice on April 17th.
Me: I NEVER RECEIVED IT. NEITHER DID MY LAWYER!!!
She: It shows we sent you the notice.
(Now she's started looking up something)
Me: This is the first I'm hearing of this.
Me: Could you tell me if the July visa bulletin has affected my case adversely?
She: You have not been assigned a visa number.

She: Please hold sir.
(holding for 2 mins)
She: Sir, the fingerprinting was scheduled for May 15th!
(She's sounding annoyed as if *I* am to blame for this fiasco)
Me: I never received the notice m'am.
She: Ok, I've rescheduled your fingerprinting.

Un-frickin-believable.

I should have been out of this bloody mess before end of May.

So many calls to NCSC, IOs (never got anyone before this who agreed to tell me anything), 3 Infopass appointments. And no one told me about this before today.

Just one piece of paper that I should have received.

No words can express my frustration right now.

Anyway, now to my question :)

I've read about people who have had their second FPs done without receiving the second FP notice:

How did you guys manage to do the second FP?
Did you take your first FP notice?
Who did you speak to?
Did you setup an Infopass appointment?
What choice did you use for Infopass appointment? Speak to an IO?

Any details will help!
Thanks.

Go to your local ASC ASAP

Hi:
I had the exact same experience as yours. I even created a separate thread for it in this forum. They said they mailed the notice on April 18 for an appointment on May 16 th, but we never got it !!!! I learned of it when I called the Customer Service sometime in June and the very next day we went to the local ASC (where we had our first fingerprints in 2005) and after a LOT of persuasion, requesting and pleading, the immigration officer looked in the system and sure as hell there was an appointment notice for May 16 th. She was very good enough to print it out for the both of us (me and my wife) and we did the fingerprints within half an hour. God bless her Soul !!!
So, basically, go to your local ASC where you did your last fingerprints and persuade the officer to print out the notices and let you do it.

Good luck !!

EB3 - INDIA - PD: Oct 2002
FP1: April 2005
I-485 RD: Sep 2004
VSC -> TSC: March 7, 2007
FP2: June 2007
Name Check: Pending

ditto

went through the exact same conversation yesterday. Infopass, 3 calls to customer service (including one "escalated" call to supervisor) all said that no FPs requested since 2005.

For my infopass, used "speak to IO officer" - had an obstinate IO who agreed FP were expired, but said she could not issue FP notices for us, while at the next window, the IO was giving another EB 485 couple FP notices! So we could not get FP2 notices issued by infopass, but hopefully yesterday's call will do that.

(Silence)
She: When they're ready to process your case, they will let you know sir. Till then it is pending.
(She's about to hangup)
Me: The thing is, my fingerprints have expired and I have not received a second FP notice.
(A few seconds of silence as she's probably trying to decide whether to continue this call or not)

(holding for 2 mins)

Un-frickin-believable.

So many calls to NCSC, IOs (never got anyone before this who agreed to tell me anything), 3 Infopass appointments. And no one told me about this before today.

I've read about people who have had their second FPs done without receiving the second FP notice:

Who did you speak to?

Any details will help!
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friends EXP

He was living in Atlanta for year. He had the same issue as yours. He went to the Atlanta ASC and told them That " I spoke to IO at TSC and she informed him that I was supposed to give the FP today. But i never received the Notice. " He told me after initial rejection by the Guard at entrance and repeated begging, the guard called some one and they verified and found that his Fp date has already passed. But they let him give the fp..

My advice, don't tell them that you are supposed to give on may 15th. go on Saturday or 2 or 3 hrs before they close. They will be free ..

marooned42,

I had the same experience last week when talking to IO( almost same dates Apr-17-Notice date, May-16 appointment).
As soon as I came to know I missed my FP appointment (notice I never recieved), while on call, I requested IO to resend me the notices for both me and my wife. And with all luck, I got that "expired" notice. I took that notice to Newark, NJ ASC on Wednesday early morning and requested them to do prints. They gave us option either to "reschedule" by checking it on the notice, or, to come back after 3 PM (however, they said there is no guarantee that they will entertain). Obviously, I picked up the latter option (as I don't trust their scheduling/rescheduling process anymore) and was successful giving the FP on my second visit the same day.

(Silence)
(She's about to hangup)

(holding for 2 mins)

Un-frickin-believable.

Who did you speak to?

Any details will help!
Thanks.

santosh,

Thanks for the heads up. I do remember reading a thread on this issue a few weeks ago. That was the reason for my 3rd Infopass appointment in mid-June. Unfortunately, then the IO told me that my fingerprints had been entered in the system as unclassifiable, so he wasn't sure what TSC will do in my case (background check, another FP, whatever). He refused to issue me an FP notice proactively.

So anyway, taking heed from your "ASAP", I setup an appointment for 2.10pm this afternoon. Went there, told the IO (same person as referenced in the above para) about the missing FP notice. He looked up my case in the system, don't know what he found, but he said "well, you're way beyond the date.. hold on, we're going to take your FP right now... GIVE ME YOUR FINGERS, THAKUR!!!" (j/k about the last part).

Anyway, did my FP and am back home, ready to bug TSC again next week.

What is the typical duration for FBI to process FPs and send them to TSC/USCIS?

Glad to help !!!

Hi Marooned:
Glad you were able to get it done. Hopefully all goes well for all of us going forward.

I called the FBI a couple of hours after I gave the fingerprints and they told me that it was all processed and sent to USCIS. They couldn't say when it will show up as "cleared" or whatever on USCIS systems, which is understandable. When I called TSC yesterday, a very nice lady told me they were all "cleared".

So, you can check with the FBI and make sure they have done their part and then wait till next Friday or so and call USCIS or take InfoPass and see if it has gotten into their systems fine.

Aish karo, Thakur !! :):)

EB3 - INDIA - PD: Oct 2002
I-485 RD: Sep 2004
VSC -> TSC: March 7, 2007
Name Check: Pending

Quick question..( I am new to this Forum)...how long are fingerprints valid for? Thanks.

I am in the same boat as well. I just called TSC and the IO said that my FP was requested on APR 18th, but i never received the notice. She never told me that the Finger Printing was scheduled for a certain date. She told me that the FP Appointment dates will be scheduled only based on availability. I am not sure what that means. I am going to take an Infopass appt., and see what can be done. I probably will also try to go to the ASC directly and see if they let me give the FP. Could you guys let me know what is the number to call FBI to check the FP Status.

Thanks
EB3 - India
PD: 08/07/2002
140/485 RD: 06/29/2004
140 AD: 12/10/2004
FP: 04/06/2005
VSC -> TSC: 03/07/2007
LUD -> 05/08/2007

When I called TSC yesterday, a very nice lady told me they were all "cleared".
Aish karo, Thakur !! :):)

Had you called TSC before y'day to enquire about your FP results? I see you gave your FP2 in June, but checked y'day. Does it take days or weeks for USCIS to pick up the results, do you know?

Btw, my name doesn't contain "Thakur". I was just doing a parody of the line from "Sholay". :)

Could you guys let me know what is the number to call FBI to check the FP Status.

304 625 2000.
Reception will answer, you tell them you want to enquire about results of fingerprints you gave for USCIS/I-485 application. You'll get transferred to customer service.

The person who picks up will ask you for your name, DOB, A#, and maybe date you gave FP.

(Silence)
(She's about to hangup)

(holding for 2 mins)

Un-frickin-believable.

Who did you speak to?

Any details will help!
Thanks.

I know, when Your case is being approved, officer may or may not send you a letter for FP. In the case you get the letter, you don`t have to panic about time of approval , since the results of FP are forwarded straight to USCIS and the game goes on. I have seen people here been approved till 2 months after take the FP.

Now, my case is in VSC. My FPcode3 expired last JUN. On may24 [with FP still valid], they send me RFE [EVL]. They received the response on 18JUN and I don`t know if they will ask for FP or they will just ignore it. In other hands, they may have already sent me a FP notice and I never received. Who knows.
Should I contact them now?

santosh,

Thanks for the heads up. I do remember reading a thread on this issue a few weeks ago. That was the reason for my 3rd Infopass appointment in mid-June. Unfortunately, then the IO told me that my fingerprints had been entered in the system as unclassifiable, so he wasn't sure what TSC will do in my case (background check, another FP, whatever). He refused to issue me an FP notice proactively.

So anyway, taking heed from your "ASAP", I setup an appointment for 2.10pm this afternoon. Went there, told the IO (same person as referenced in the above para) about the missing FP notice. He looked up my case in the system, don't know what he found, but he said "well, you're way beyond the date.. hold on, we're going to take your FP right now... GIVE ME YOUR FINGERS, THAKUR!!!" (j/k about the last part).

Anyway, did my FP and am back home, ready to bug TSC again next week.

What is the typical duration for FBI to process FPs and send them to TSC/USCIS?
Hi Marooned:
Thanks for the info. When you said you took an appointment for 2:10, is this infopass you are talking about? The reason is, your signature says "went without FP notice to ASC", and the ASC could be a different office, than where we go for infopass. i am from the boston area.

thanks

When you said you took an appointment for 2:10, is this infopass you are talking about? The reason is, your signature says "went without FP notice to ASC", and the ASC could be a different office, than where we go for infopass. i am from the boston area.

Yes, I went for an Infopass appointment to the Manchester ASC, choosing the option "speak to an immigration officer". I've gone to the same ASC for both my first FP as well as for all my Infopass appointments. I believe it is the only ASC that handles all of NH.

I can't say about Boston area, though. If you have had an FP done before, it's best to go to the same ASC again, as long as you haven't changed addresses since you did your last FP. Since the Infopass website decides the Infopass office for you based on the zipcode you enter, you could theoretically enter the zipcode that will get you that ASC.

marooned42: If, I have been assigned a visa number [RFE response received on 18JUN07] and my FP expired on 25JUN07.
Do you think they are going to send me still a FP notice??

marooned42: If, I have been assigned a visa number [RFE response received on 18JUN07] and my FP expired on 25JUN07.
Do you think they are going to send me still a FP notice??

Keep in mind I'm no expert. I'm hardly knowledgeable about the entire process either.

Having said that, also keep in mind that scheduling and processing FPs costs money.

Considering your FPs expired so recently, I wouldn't be surprised if you got your approval without another FP.

BTW, how did you find out your case was assigned a visa number?

I just went to infopass and they told me that the ASC had responded with some fingerprints on May 07, 2007, without even scheduling a new finger print request for me. When i told them that the only time that i did fingerprinting was on Apr, 2005, the IO looked at the file again and said that it could be an error ??. She said she would send an email to TSC, to issue a new fingerprint request. I am not sure what is going on? How could the ASC send some other fingerprint, without me actually giving one? She also said that the file has been assigned to an officer, and the name/background checks are complete. I guess because of the fingerprint mess up, my file is being held up.

marooned42: In this times, case with security checks done and assigned to an officer, has already a visa number. I`m counting the 60 days.

just heard from congressman's office that I was supposed to do FP in May. Never got the notice! neither did my lawyer.

I got the FP code1 letter, now on 06JUL07. I wish to be approved in the month of August or still at the end of July. :D