Another FOIA Success

Applied for LC and 140 today

Hello Guys,

I have faxed FOIA form G-639 and FedExed the originals. Lets see how many days it will take to get copies from VSC.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks.
-MP

Foia

mathapachchi,

can you give me fax number and address where you send FOIA request. What other document you send ? means any copy of 140 or anything ?

Thanks,

Fax: (802) 527-4864 and address for VSC

FOIA Inquiry office.
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001
Fax: (802) 527-4864

I sent a copy of I-485 reeceipt just for a reference.

Can someone pls confirm if there is a specific form to be filled
in for the FOIA request pertaning to LC application ?

Thanks

mathapachchi said:
FOIA Inquiry office.
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001
Fax: (802) 527-4864

I sent a copy of I-485 reeceipt just for a reference.

Bhadrinath use this link to get the form.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/foia/request.htm

Gurus who got the docs using FOIA,
Recently I applied for FOIA at Nebraska service by certified mail and it reached the on jun e 12th. Today I got a confirmation letter from them stating that they received my FOIA request on June 23rd.

It states that depending on the request they put FIFO on multi track system.
They consider each request according to the complexity. SO simple requestdo not wait for extended period. Because of the nature of the request your request is placed on complex track.

In the FOIA request form in 5.
I requested all the documents including LC appl/Approval ETA 750 a & B I -140 appl/approval I -485 appl. and any other documents for my case.

Does it mean it takes more time. Do you guys also got the same response.our inputs.
Thanks
novice
I would appreciate y

Thanks...
I have another question. In item 6 of the form they are asking for
Alien Registration# and petition/claim#. I dont have either....
My LC approval is still pending so no question about Alien #...
What exactly are these 2 nums ?

novice72 said:
Bhadrinath use this link to get the form.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/foia/request.htm

Gurus who got the docs using FOIA,
Recently I applied for FOIA at Nebraska service by certified mail and it reached the on jun e 12th. Today I got a confirmation letter from them stating that they received my FOIA request on June 23rd.

It states that depending on the request they put FIFO on multi track system.
They consider each request according to the complexity. SO simple requestdo not wait for extended period. Because of the nature of the request your request is placed on complex track.

In the FOIA request form in 5.
I requested all the documents including LC appl/Approval ETA 750 a & B I -140 appl/approval I -485 appl. and any other documents for my case.

Does it mean it takes more time. Do you guys also got the same response.our inputs.
Thanks
novice
I would appreciate y

Last edited by a moderator:
The form is meant for FOIA request at the BCIS service center.
If you have applied for I -140/1-485 then you can request docs using FOIA.
You will get the alien number in I -485 receipt.
You can still get the LC by contacting the DOL where you applied using FOIA.
It is better to have a copy of all yous DOCS once you I -140 is cleared and I -485 is pending more than 180 days. U may need them for using AC21.

FOIA and address change

I had applied for FOIA to VSC in late april and got a tracking number. I haven't got the FOIA yet.

But, I have changed my address June End?

I am sending AR-11 today. Should I do anything else to receive the FOIA to my new address
Thanks

Got FOIA Docs today

I had requested FOIA documents sometime in mid April and I got a nice big package [about 170 pages] of all the docs comprising my pending I485, Approved I-140 and Approved Labor. They said this request takes three months and bingo it took three months. I only wish I-485 gets as predictable as this :)

Thanks,

I have requested FOIA at VSC in mid MArch got control number around april 20th(almost one month) and finally last week I got a big packet with 86 pages (labor, 140 and pending 485)..

Foia

hi tchangu , gckrishna .

Did you requested to VSC ?

which address you send FOIA request ?

Can you send me filled form(if u have) and cover letter to akp_158@yahoo.com. I am planning to send also.

Thanks in advance.

Send it to

I filled the I-639 [provided A# and EAC#, Specified that I need all documents relating to my permanent residency processing that includes Approved Labor(s), Approved/Withdrawn I-140 and pending I-485]
Got it notorized
mailed it to VSC directly

FOIA Success? -- anybody who filed in June/July

Dear Friends,

I have sent my FOIA request on June 23rd and received the receipt confirmation on July 7th. I am wondering if anybody got the response from VSC in recent days.

I have a job offer in hand, but want to take it only after getting my LCA and approved 140. When I contacted lawyer, he told me to get the papers and fill out AC21 immediately once I take up new job.

Does anybody know the timeframe for FOIA requests in VSC?

Thanks in advance!
-M

I have filed my FOIA in VSC in mid April..got the confirmation after 6 weeks. finally got the papers mid July :)

I mailed around 6th june to VSC..got control # after 3 wks but still waiting for the FOIA papers.

gail said:
I mailed around 6th june to VSC..got control # after 3 wks but still waiting for the FOIA papers.

I mailed FOIA in April. Got no in May and got papers in mid July from VSC

Received LC and 140 from VSC

Dear Friends,

I have received my LC, 140 and related documents from VSC. Here is the time line -
Faxed FOIA request - June 23rd
Sent the paper copy - June 23rd by certified mail.
Received confirmation from VSC - July 7th
Received documents from VSC - Sept 2nd.

Hope this info helps and I hope you guys also get your documents soon.

Got the control number from USCIS dated on August 4th 2004.

Waiting for information from USCIS ...

I guess my I-485 is been waiting adjudication and on hold because my file is moved to FOIA area. :(