Another concurrent approval.

WGL_GC said:
Congrats Jharkhandi !

How did you prepone your FP. I have FP end of next montha t Newark, please let meknow the process to prepone it.

Thanks
WGL_GC

Thanks WGL_GC. I did not prepone FP. I went to a different center and just got FP done. Newark never allows early FP, Hackensack is a matter of chance. Most of the time nowadays they will refuse you.

it_pro77 said:
Congrats Jharkhandi,
Just was reading today, some of your posts and got to know ur 485 is finally approved.
Its good to see knowlegeable/helpful people cross the miles stone of 485,
YOU DESERVE IT!!!
I have been a silent reader of some of yours post, they are some the
best i have read on here about 140/485 etc... Thank you!

I have a Question:
As you can see below, my details, my priority date is 02/2004,
My I-140 approved on 02/2005 and FP is done in 03/2005.
I am planning on getting married some time this year.
but my attorney advised me to bring my would be wife soon, I need
to marry ASAP. At this point in time Iam rushing on things wrt to
marriage. According to you, approxiately when do you think, people with
my time line, gets 485 approval. Just need your best optimistic guess
and the reasons behind.
It would help me to rush or not for marriage and plan accordingly.
Thank you very much in advance.

Service center is VSC
Notice date | Approved date
Labor (NH) : 02/2004 | 06/2004
I-140 : 10/2004 | 02/2005
EAD/AP : 10/2004 | 11/2004
FP (st. Albans, VT): 03/08/2005
LUD1 03/09/2005
LUD2 03/15/2005
LUD3 03/17/2005 (Message change on USCIS website saying FP results recd.)

Thanks for wishes. Practical side is that you should never rush for marriage. :D

Well most of the time attorneys are right, sometimes they just miss a point here and there. In this case I will agree to your attorney. You are almost in verge of approval, get married and get your spouse fast.

All the best.

chappantikli said:
Congratulations, JK! You have been of a colossal value to this forum. Have fun and enjoy your new found treasure.

Thanks for wishes. It is indeed a new found treasure - never knew so many messages will flood in from all sides - email/post/pm/phone. I will keep each post with me. :)

Freedom4all said:
Congratulations!! JK :)

HAPPY FOR YOU!!

FREEDOM4ALL!!

Thanks and I will echo same as your name - Freedom For All.

lohith said:
I'm very happy to know that you GC battle is successful. However, your contribution to fellow users are immense. :)

I'm one of the folks who benefitted a lot by salvaging my 140/H1/GC by getting great help from you folks with helping hand including unitednations, ginnu,.. etc.

Plz stick around for a while. Will you? ;)

Thanks a lot lohith. I appreciate your wishes. I am sure you know the feeling better than perhaps I know! I can feel each word in your post. I will not disappoint a decent person like you - I will be around till you get 485 done.

All the best for your 485.

docneedsdoc said:
Hi Jharkhandi,

I am a silent member of the forum but I must join the many others here in saying that you are a very valuable source in this forum and a hearty congratulations and good luck for the future to you!
:D

Thanks docneedsdoc for such a warm posting. :) Everyone made my day and perhaps first time I am not afraid of a doc :D

I Have Patience said:
Jharkhandi,

Congratulations for concurrent approval.I guess yours and your family's tapasya was answered by the heavens well in time.

Please invite me for the party definitely as I also stay in NJ :)

Thanks for wishes patience. I know I have not really suffered as much as you have done for 485.

I will surely let you know about the party.

kishuibm said:
O.K Now I am the First person who saw JK’s post and last person posting my Congratulation……….
A Beautiful Difference!!
Nice to see your success. Well it’s a big difference now!
Enjoy. I know how spent lot of time knowing about immigration news, updates, amendments ,Long Conversations and Guessing you made to others approvals ,and every effort you kept on Immigration...Essepecialy on www.immigration.com and www.uscis.org.

You have made your dreams become your reality and you have brought every wishing star with in your grasp

Congratulations to the one who continue to dream and continues to believe one day you get mails after mails "in INBOX" from USCIS.

Heartiest Congratulations!!! Wish you Good luck
Oh kishuibm,

Thanks for wishes. You were also so close to my dates of everything - LC/EAD/AP. I am sure you will get your 485 soon.

jaocanada said:
Jharkhandi,
Hearty congratulations man! You have been an asset to this community and am sure we will all miss you. Hey do drop me an invite for the party!
Sure brother. I will let you know about the party - keep checking your pm. :)

Yeswe said:
Jharkhandi,

Congratulations! Good to know that a fellow CT labour applicant got the approval.

Wish you all the best.

regards
Hey Yeswe,

What a pleasant surprise! I am happy that you are here. Yeah I guess we have been here for almost 4 years now.

Thanks for the wishes. :)

H1B-GC said:
Hey Jharkandi,

i could see you got huge fan base on this portal and that of course reflects your valuable help you had provided with your advises!!

Lastly, my congratulations !!
Thanks a lot friend. It is a nice feeling and I wish everyone gets this feeling soon. :)

I will tell a little about my journey and some pro-active actions once I get my card - may help others too. (Well not the whole story because I will myself fall asleep - why to expect you to keep awake by drinking coffee after coffee? :D )

Meanwhile any question of any sort is welcome - could be anything - LUD change to finding an ASC for early FP. I may not be able to answer everything - but I will surely tell you if I know it.

Congratulations to The Great One!

Dear JK,
I would like to personally congratulate you one of the great milestone achievements here in the USA, well at least in the earlier years of life here.

I am sorry that I only began pm'ing you recently but I have enjoyed and learned a lot from your messages tremendously. I also think I speak for everyone when I say that your valuable insight and great help to all, is and always will, be very much appreciated Sir!

As they say in England where I spent my formative years, "For he's a jolly good fellow., for he's a jolly good fellow........and so say ALL OF US!

Congratulations and enjoy life to the full! You deserve it!

WK
Live_in_USA :) :) :)

Jharkhandi said:
Hi All,

Got my 485 done. Timeline:

LC PD : April 12, 2002
State: CT
DOL: Boston
Issue(s): Missing Prevailing wage statement with LC.
Effect: LC approval delayed by almost 3 months.

SESA Done: Jan 25, 2004
DOL Done: Feb 17, 2004

140/485/EAD/AP Applied: March 24, 2004
RD: April 08, 2004
ND: April 15, 2004
Category: EB2

EAD/AP approved: July 01, 2004 Valid till July 04, 2005

FP Notice recd: Feb 23, 2005.
Code: 3
FP done: Feb 24, 2005(Early FP), scheduled April 15, 2005 in Newark.

140 Approved: Mar 21, 2005.
485 Approved: Mar 21, 2005.
Card Ordered: Mar 21, 2005.

Thanks everyone.

Hi Jharkhandi,
Congratulations on your approval. I am so happy for you. You did a great job in guiding all folks who are confused here and gave them all encourage and support. Good Luck on your approval. Dont forget to call me for a party...

You would always be remembered here. I wish, I could post similar message soon. Have fun Jharkhandi!

Good Luck and CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks sir for promising to post your journey towards getting GC. But please do not start from Ranchi or Bokaro( :confused: ) to NJ ; just kidding we would like to hear even that if you got that much patience to start with. :p

That would really help all of us on this portal of any potential pitfalls in the process.Please let us know how imp. is the role of a lawyer,dealing with them regarding issues,being pro-active during the process,while talking to USCIS and host of other issues that you would like to share.

Please post at your leisure.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Jharkhandi. You have all the freedom to enjoy. Are you going to be around to help us out or you will be out of here ?

Good luck in the future.

hopeofgc

NSC -EB3
RD I140/485/EAD/AP - 06/30/2004
I-140----waiting?
I-485 ----waiting?

Hearty Congratulations!!! :)

Jarkhandi Boss,

Congrats on your approval. I missed the train on wishing you! But better late than never.
Thanks for your support and hope it will be there in future. Hopefully others like ITEC, Jpanchal or even small fish like me can help others in future, following in your footsteps.

Good luck,

GCALB

You made it!!! Many Congradulations

Very glad to hear this good news from you. Appreciated for your all contribution for immigrant community. :) :)

And don't forget to visit Life After GC forum, you are qualified to be part of that forum now. :D :D

Congrats! Early FP question?

Hi Jharkhandi,
Congrats on your I485 approval.
Could you please let me know on which location you went to for early biometric/FP?
I am scheduled for FP at Newark (24 Comm Blvd) on April 28 and was looking for an early appoinment. I know Newark ASC is not accepting early appointment per other msgs in this form.
Can we go to any other center other then the specified center in FP receipt.

Appreciate your input. Thx

Below is my GC status:
Labor: Tennesse RD: Jan-2002, AD 06/04
Texas: I-140/I-485/EAD/AP: Sep-04(RD).
EAD/AP: Jan-05 (Approved.)
FP Notice: April-28,05 Newark

gclabor said:
Hi Jharkhandi,
Could you please let me know on which location you went to for early biometric/FP?
I am scheduled for FP at Newark (24 Comm Blvd) on April 28 and was looking for an early appoinment. I know Newark ASC is not accepting early appointment per other msgs in this form.

Below is my GC status:
Labor: Tennesse RD: Jan-2002, AD 06/04
Texas: I-140/I-485/EAD/AP: Sep-04(RD).
EAD/AP: Jan-05 (Approved.)
FP Notice: April-28,05 Newark
Thanks gclabor.

For early FP - you can try New Rochelle, NY or Hempstead in Long Island, if you are not familiar with New York city. If you are familiar with New York city, you may try Varick street - I got it done there only.

Early FP is not never guaranteed, you can just try. Till now all three centers have almost equal early FP statistics and very good actually. Varick street was first tried by me and last person was rajum and his wife(two days back). One person had to return back from Varick street once, but got it second time. Similarly New Rochelle was good till one point, zamq however could not get it done(last person I know who visited New Rochelle for early FP). I still belv New Rochelle is good for early FP.

If you need help with directions - let me know and also tell me where you are coming from.

You need to prepare a little for early FP from your side. Get your homework done and you will be done.

All the best.

Jharkhandi said:
Thanks gclabor.

For early FP - you can try New Rochelle, NY or Hempstead in Long Island, if you are not familiar with New York city. If you are familiar with New York city, you may try Varick street - I got it done there only.

Early FP is not never guaranteed, you can just try. Till now all three centers have almost equal early FP statistics and very good actually. Varick street was first tried by me and last person was rajum and his wife(two days back). One person had to return back from Varick street once, but got it second time. Similarly New Rochelle was good till one point, zamq however could not get it done(last person I know who visited New Rochelle for early FP). I still belv New Rochelle is good for early FP.

If you need help with directions - let me know and also tell me where you are coming from.

You need to prepare a little for early FP from your side. Get your homework done and you will be done.

All the best.
Thanks Jharkhandi. I live in S.Brunswick, NJ.
Question:
Can I go to NY for FP/Biometrics while I reside in NJ?
I need to take reciept notice (I-140/I-485/FP), Approved EAD and photo ID. Is there anything else I have to take or prepare?
BTW, what time to did you go?
Appreciate if you post the address of ASC. Thx again.

Live_in_USA said:
Dear JK,
I would like to personally congratulate you one of the great milestone achievements here in the USA, well at least in the earlier years of life here.

I am sorry that I only began pm'ing you recently but I have enjoyed and learned a lot from your messages tremendously. I also think I speak for everyone when I say that your valuable insight and great help to all, is and always will, be very much appreciated Sir!

As they say in England where I spent my formative years, "For he's a jolly good fellow., for he's a jolly good fellow........and so say ALL OF US!

Congratulations and enjoy life to the full! You deserve it!

WK
Live_in_USA :) :) :)

Dear Live_in_USA,

"Jolly good fellow ..." was my pet one when I was 2. Once 3, I was only interested in "mary had a little lamb ... " ;)

Thanks for such a warm post. :)

gclabor said:
Thanks Jharkhandi. I live in S.Brunswick, NJ.
Question:
Can I go to NY for FP/Biometrics while I reside in NJ?

Yes you can.

I need to take reciept notice (I-140/I-485/FP), Approved EAD and photo ID.
Is there anything else I have to take or prepare?

Carry DL too.

BTW, what time to did you go?

I reached around 9:00 AM. Avoid Monday and Friday - usually those are the days when you will be turned back if you go for early FP. Some people got FP done in noon as well - no fixed time. Let me know when you plan to get it done - we can meet if you want!

Appreciate if you post the address of ASC. Thx again.

Sure, it is:

NEW YORK VARICK ASC
Suite 1023
201 Varick Street
New York, NY 10014

Directions:
To Manhattan site: 201 Varick Street at the corner of Houston. Entrance to building is on Houston Street.

From West Side Highway Going South
Take West Side Highway to 14th Street. Make a LEFT on 14th Street and drive until you get to 7th Avenue. Make a right turn on 7th Avenue and drive until you get to Houston Street. (Note: 7th turns into Varick Street.)

Going North
Take West Side Highway to Spring Street (One block beyond Canal St.). Make a right on Spring Street to Hudson Street then make a LEFT turn on Hudson. Go four blocks to West Houston St. and we are located a half a block East of Hudson Street on Houston Street.

From the FDR Drive
Exit on Houston Street and take Houston cross town to Varick Street. (Note: At Avenue of the Americas the street splits. Stay LEFT on Houston.)

By Train:
Take the #1 train or the #9 train to Houston Street.

All from page: http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/ascs/asc5.htm#newyork

gclabor said:
Hi Jharkhandi,

You could also get it done from York, PA. To my knowledge they will not turn you down. It(ASC) is run by a contractor to USCIS. They would be happy if you could take an appointment instead of walk-in. I completed my FP there.

NEW YORK VARICK ASC is closer to me, also I can take bus/train.
I will plan to go next week (Tue or Wed). Jharkhandi, I will let you know the exact date/time. May be we can meet.
Thanks again guys.