Am i Inadmissible to USA ? travelling from Canada

latinomix22

Registered Users (C)
Hi, can someone please shed some light on a question i have. I was charged in 2001 for common assault and was given a 6 month probation. Am i inadmissible to US? is this a crime of moral turpitude that would deny me entry to the US?

Hi, can someone please shed some light on a question i have. I was charged in 2001 for common assault and was given a 6 month probation. Am i inadmissible to US? is this a crime of moral turpitude that would deny me entry to the US?

A simple assualt is not a CIMT. One minor isolated incident, as described, will not cause inadmissibility.

ok.......

I did travel to the US just after this happened, and the border officer asked me if i have been arrested before, i told him yes i have. They interrogated me in a small room, but after that i was on my way. That was before 9-11 though, i dont know if the laws have changed or not.

I did travel to the US just after this happened, and the border officer asked me if i have been arrested before, i told him yes i have. They interrogated me in a small room, but after that i was on my way. That was before 9-11 though, i dont know if the laws have changed or not.

Nope. That is still the same under INA 212.

REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT

HELLO EVERYONE, I AM A REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT HOLDER FROM ARGENTINA, BUT I AM PLANNING A TRIP TO CANADA IN JANUARY, MY NATIONALITY DIDN'T REQUIRE VISA TO CANADA BECAUSE I AM FROM BOTSWANA BUT I DONT KNOW IF I CAN USE MY REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT TO TRAVEL TO CANADA, pLZ HELP.. THANKS IN ADVANCE...