Am I doomed?

Karl Thomas

All,

I set to submit my N400 app in two months, but I have a big program.

I misplaced/lost my asylum file. I don't know where it is and I do not remember the details of my story. I called my attorney and he said he destroyed all files after 5 years.

Guys, am I essentially done?

You don't remember why you sought asylum?

Anyway, they don't normally ask about your asylum, especially if you've never been back to your COP.

maybe you can file an FOIA request for your file
I worry filing an FOIA request would be suspicious and I may be opening a Pandora box doing so.

My younger sister passed her interview a couple of months back and she was not asked a single question on her asylum. Furthermore, her NP was also never asked.

You don't remember why you sought asylum?

Anyway, they don't normally ask about your asylum, especially if you've never been back to your COP.

I do remember why I sought asylum. However, I'm not sure about the precise date.

Another issue I have is that I owe the IRS $2,500 - an agreement was done and I'm paying back on a monthly basis

In addition to that, I was cited with selling alcohol to minor. But, a judge dismissed that case.

I traveled overseas once (24 days) but that was not in my COP.

Another troubling that is that I renewed my NP - HOW DO YOU DEFEND THIS BEFORE THE IO? Suggestions are welcomed

Should I seriously consider taking a lawyer? or that would be a waste of my money?

My asylum was granted by an immigration judge too, not sure if this means anything at all

Your post seems all over the place but I understand your stress level.
I traveled to my COP and renewed my national passport. I had the passport with me during the interview (in Baltimore MD) and never intended to hide anything. The officer used it for identification purposes only and had no interest in discussing it further. I am NOT advocating this was a good thing to do. What I am saying is don't panic. It is too late to change the past. Focus on your test and other things you have control over.
I do not know the particulars of your case. My personal asylum claim never suggested that the COP government would execute me if I set foot there. What I established is a "reasonable fear of persecution on account political opinion" and this remains true to this day. I had a solid reason to visit and stayed a very limited amount of time (8 days or so, not sure).

Also remember that you are a PERMANENT RESIDENT, not an asylee. Circumstances in you COP may have changed. This does not mean that your asylum application was unfounded. I see too many people on here scaring the hell out of others and I find it ridiculous.

File your FIOA and get the information you need. There is zero reason to worry about this.

Your post seems all over the place but I understand your stress level.
I traveled to my COP and renewed my national passport. I had the passport with me during the interview (in Baltimore MD) and never intended to hide anything. The officer used it for identification purposes only and had no interest in discussing it further. I am NOT advocating this was a good thing to do. What I am saying is don't panic. It is too late to change the past. Focus on your test and other things you have control over.
I do not know the particulars of your case. My personal asylum claim never suggested that the COP government would execute me if I set foot there. What I established is a "reasonable fear of persecution on account political opinion" and this remains true to this day. I had a solid reason to visit and stayed a very limited amount of time (8 days or so, not sure).

Also remember that you are a PERMANENT RESIDENT, not an asylee. Circumstances in you COP may have changed. This does not mean that your asylum application was unfounded. I see too many people on here scaring the hell out of others and I find it ridiculous.

File your FIOA and get the information you need. There is zero reason to worry about this.

I got my US green card based on asylum due to fear of persecution in my home country 5 years ago. I am soon going to interview for naturalization. A friend has told me that in the interview USCIS will go through my entire immigration history and see my travel back to country I was born as a red flag. I only went there in 2014 for 10 days, because my mom was really ill and I had not see her for 3 years.

I don't have any criminal record, paid all my taxes and I am registered for selective service.