All legals can apply as illegals...(Problem Solved with new CIR )

banta4gc

Registered Users (C)
Dudes,

Just wondering, the new law favors illegal immigrants so much...why can't all the legal immigrants just declare themselves that, they are illegal and apply in the new CIR system as illegal immigrants.....THIS WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM FOR ALL....

Anyways, I don't think - one has to prove their illegal status, right?

I think, the new CIR rocks - if we look at it from this perspective! HEE HEE! No country quotas, annual limit of 2.2mil and a work permit to do anything/work for any employer. (GC guaranteed in 5 years)...what more, would one want?

Last edited by a moderator:
What in the world?

Should we laugh or cry at this?

So education is now the culprit to green card.

I do not think this would ever become a law.

What happens to those who are already in I-485 status?

We cannot even prove that we are illegal anymore -- That is a big problem now :cool: :p :confused:

It is not green card, it is certificate of slavery - does not matter what kind of slave you are as long you work for them real hard.

Banta,
I agree with your frustration, but not your logic!

first of all the imm lawyers are looking after THEIR INTERESTS first, and then the interests of what really this country are and the suffering of legal immigrants. So don't go blindly by what the lawyers are portraying.

1. They definitely want to push illegal to legal... (they make more money!)
2. They want to eliminate the points system (this means their revenues from Employers goes down drastically). from our perspective, if you actually look at this it is a much better way than employer dependent process.
3. They dont want to eliminate chain migration... which is a major source of revenue for them and a major cause for the current backlog + legal immigrants suffering.
4. They dont tell you that, the first thing that the CIR says is: illegals will be eligible for GC after 5 years, but, would be at the back of the queue, not in front!

sometimes I feel, who is worse, the US congress, who has to make decisions based on their limitations and voter pressure.. or these imm. lawyers.. whom we pay to protect our interests, but really are looking after their interests primarily!

We are experiencing something Americans citizens do. Given we are educated and capable, we were supposed to 'step up' and find ways around this mess.

We have not been able to 'step up' and hope to be helped by a system that we clearly know favors illegals. No wonder illegals stay around for 10yrs and wait for the next amnesty. Same thing for american citizens who want more pay for doing the same job they were doing 10 years ago. Ain't happening....

If the new bill gives something to legals, sy thank you but do not wait for that....

We cannot even prove that we are illegal anymore -- That is a big problem now :cool: :p :confused:

Well said NYC!

We are experiencing something Americans citizens do. Given we are educated and capable, we were supposed to 'step up' and find ways around this mess.

We have not been able to 'step up' and hope to be helped by a system that we clearly know favors illegals. No wonder illegals stay around for 10yrs and wait for the next amnesty. Same thing for american citizens who want more pay for doing the same job they were doing 10 years ago. Ain't happening....

If the new bill gives something to legals, sy thank you but do not wait for that....

well said...
Any system will have shortcomings... and most systems follow the 80:20 rule..
apply what benefits 80%.
It goes without doubt that illegals are much more than 80%, so they need to do something bout that before they do anything for us legals...
I guess, we should be happy for the fact that at least we are in front and not in the back like the poor illegals. (and were it not for the illegals, maybe there would not be any push for legals)

EB2

My take: now is the time we should go on streets and raise the voice...if we don't do that now also then...this is what it is...embrace what M*** senators give u (or as the matter of fact don't give u anything, just kicks on legal butts)

My take: now is the time we should go on streets and raise the voice...if we don't do that now also then...this is what it is...embrace what M*** senators give u (or as the matter of fact don't give u anything, just kicks on legal butts)
u really think we need to go on street??

do you think some one is going to pay attention to few hundred people seeking benefits without beneficial to americans.

think again...it may backfire...as soon as people know that this crowd is H1B visa holders.......americans hate H1B because of the layoffs during dotcom bust...

Used to think that nobody knows the issues for legal immigrants. After Bill Gates's testimony that is already done. Moreover, employers and lawyers want this to be a employer based system and legals are the only ones that they have a handle on; can't do much with illegals.
I was thinking, if all the legals who are stuck from 2001 had filled as illegals when Bill Clinton introduced the amnesty they would have been better off...:p :p

Need to find 'creative' ways around the system or 'high impact/quick' ways to bring the issues to light. IV is going through the normal/unsmart course of lobbying and is not getting much done. I really pity Saras etc who have been stuck here for the last 7-10 years.

R u guys blind or what...y do u think Bush is considering illegal’s...cause they have shown their presence on streets and wherever needed. Bush wants votes. If illegals are 11M and are not less ...500,000 is not a small number too. We need to show our resentment to the bill somehow or else take whatever dimes they give us.

And to u techy, if Americans don’t like H1B holders.. do they love illegals...what did the Americans do when the illegals went on streets...com'on man talk logic...no one is going to throw u out of the country or put u behind bars for doing this. We need to arrange get-together/meetings in front of city-halls like IV is arranging in DC. This will give u more coverage and we shall get heard.

Whatever, don’t want to argue here...i know we just talk and do nothing...apart from few people like IV grp

I agree with you.
AILA doesn't care as long as its member attorneys make money.

They are problem. If I am immigration lawyer, I would be worried by a new simple system. Keep it complicated, and clogged and make big bucks.

No wonder Oh-law website is so unhappy. I smell smoke.

Banta,
I agree with your frustration, but not your logic!

first of all the imm lawyers are looking after THEIR INTERESTS first, and then the interests of what really this country are and the suffering of legal immigrants. So don't go blindly by what the lawyers are portraying.

1. They definitely want to push illegal to legal... (they make more money!)
2. They want to eliminate the points system (this means their revenues from Employers goes down drastically). from our perspective, if you actually look at this it is a much better way than employer dependent process.
3. They dont want to eliminate chain migration... which is a major source of revenue for them and a major cause for the current backlog + legal immigrants suffering.
4. They dont tell you that, the first thing that the CIR says is: illegals will be eligible for GC after 5 years, but, would be at the back of the queue, not in front!

sometimes I feel, who is worse, the US congress, who has to make decisions based on their limitations and voter pressure.. or these imm. lawyers.. whom we pay to protect our interests, but really are looking after their interests primarily!

Hey!!! Illegal doesn't equal un-educated.

Education is not the culprit to greencard. Its obvious that this country need a lot of educated people, but this doesn't mean that the illegals are uneducated.

Illegal immigrants cannot take up a job as a software engineer even if they are well educated in their country, because this kind of job require them to have legal status.

Sure there must be exceptions, but for the most part if they had the education they'd either find a decent job in their own country, legally in another country, or legally in the US itself instead of doing the backbreaking jobs and living a life of looking over their shoulder. I doubt many long-term illegals have education more than high school (I mentioned long-term since it is not uncommon for some tourists to overstay for a few weeks or months before going back to their home country).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure there must be exceptions, but for the most part if they had the education they'd either find a decent job in their own country, legally in another country, or legally in the US itself instead of doing the backbreaking jobs and living a life of looking over their shoulder. I doubt many long-term illegals have education more than high school (I mentioned long-term since it is not uncommon for some tourists to overstay for a few weeks or months before going back to their home country).

Everyone is fooled thinking it's only Mexicans and South Americans that are here illegally---- they'd be surprised to learn how many educated people left their countries and are here illegally. I've mention 2 surgical nurses I know on here before. Go hang out in the Irish , German , Russians communities and you will have an idea of how many people were doctors, lawyers, teachers in their countries, and are nothing here because of their status :D

Murthy's Summary

LOL! Oh-law is freaking out, thinking "If the points system becomes law, my revenue will drop by 60%!"

Anybody read Murthy's summary of the Imm bill., in the Murthy Bulletin!

I am confused, it seems to suggest that they have provisions to set aside 90,000 visa to eliminate employment immigration backlog!

None of the other summaries mention this anywhere!!!!!!

Jack - what say u?