• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

Hi Forumites its been a long time since i came online,i safely arived in the US on the 5th of febuary ,life here is good
just dat the weather is killing me but am managing.for those who requested that a social security card should be made for u when u were filling the forms,pls dont go to any social security office to apply cos they will tell u that u have been assigned a number already ,dats what happened in my case.
Taking IOM deal will save u a lot of money .delta airline is good n it flies direct to the US .for first time travelers to US i will advise u take a direct flight rather than transits.
By the way i recieved my social security card last friday exactly two weeks i arrived n still waiting for the green card to be mailled to me.

Also want to congratulate all those who got their visa approved and wish success to all those about to go ,just pray n present urself cos the visa is yours so go for it.
greetings to GH50,Roselyna,Lil kay ,alfred ofori n all the guys .stay blessed n w will PM u guys my number so we will get in touch.

Congratulations.

FYI the current wait for green card to be mailed is quite long, ours have just gone into production a few days ago (will probably take a week or two to be mailed) and we entered 26 Dec. You may be one of the lucky ones who gets it quicker, but don't worry if it seems to be taking a while, 60 days seems around the norm at present- others reporting similar wait times (on a different forum). You can use the temporary stamp in your passport in the meanwhile for proof of permanent residence for jobs etc.

Congratulations on receiving your SSN and the steps you've taken so far towards your resettlement. However, you shouldn't be telling those still waiting to not follow up on their SSN upon arrival, if they're able to. You're one of those fortunate to have received the SSN without having to re-apply. A lot of new immigrants have waited in vain for the card to arrive and it never did.

By the way, you shouldn't have gone to the SSN administrative office telling them straigh off that you wanted to apply for your SSN. What you should have done at the office was to inform them that you wanted to find out if a request had been put in on your behalf, and if they say yes, you're already in their system, you could ask them to write out your number for you, (if you need the number right away to apply for some sort of service), otherwise you could just leave and wait for the card to arrive in the mail. Now, if they say there's no information about you in their system, that's when you tell them you will like to put in an application. Visiting the SSN office with an already filled application form is a back up plan you only use/present if/when they tell you no request was made on your behalf.

yeah i went to inquire whether a request has been placed ,sorry for not making that clear.by the way have u received your green card? if so how long did it take for you to receive it.Thanks

I arrived at the embassy at 7:50 am showed my appointment letter and my name was cross cheked. I entered and scanned my bag and left it at the security post then went straight to the hall.
I gave the letter to the guard and was asked to sit and wait. For like 30 minutes and was called to window 1 to collect the form for payment. I collected the form and took out my $330 to the cashier. The man looked at the money aaaaaa as if they weren't money. Was scared though but he later gave me receipt with the form
I went back to NY seat and was called about 20 minutes later to to fingerprints
I was later to submit my documents.
I came back to sit. And sat there till only God knows when soon everyone was going from the DV line. Realized I was the only one left. Buy I told myself that Maame be patience cos its for my own good.
for like 2:30 minutes I was called to window 5.
Me: good morning man
Co: good morning dear how are you
Me: am doing well and u/?/
Co: great dear.Bridget u r looking good in ur hair style
Me: thanks man and u ain't looking bad too.
Co: really. Thanks Bridget. Raise ur hand and swear
me: I do
Co: Bridget are you married /
Me: no please
Co: looked on her screen and asked me where do you work now?
Me : I answered
Co: which year did u write ur wasssce exams?
Me : 2007
Co: do you have children?
Me: no
Co : good Bridget I have approved ur visa so come on Friday 28 February 7:30am to pick it up.
Me: thanks mam
Co: u r welcome mydear.

Brethren that was what happened
God is good all the time.

When I was waiting patiently. My pen fell and a Guy beside me took it for me. Got to know he was Reuben when he was called for his interview. So I called him and told him am Maame Afua on the forum. . Said good bye

Thanks to God for our success story and to all forum members who contributed in diverse ways I really appreciate your efforts
Especially those I have been talking to and whatsapping.
I sat thank u all
All the best to the rest of the members.
So guys we shall meet God willing Friday for the collection.

Congrats, Maame, we thank God

Friends we arrived in the US last week. We are fine. Congratulations to all who had success in their interviews. I am praying for all who are yet to go for their interviews. God bless you.

I arrived at the embassy at 7:50 am showed my appointment letter and my name was cross cheked. I entered and scanned my bag and left it at the security post then went straight to the hall.
I gave the letter to the guard and was asked to sit and wait. For like 30 minutes and was called to window 1 to collect the form for payment. I collected the form and took out my $330 to the cashier. The man looked at the money aaaaaa as if they weren't money. Was scared though but he later gave me receipt with the form
I came back to sit. And sat there till only God knows when soon everyone was going from the DV line. Realized I was the only one left. Buy I told myself that Maame be patience cos its for my own good.
Co : good Bridget I have approved ur visa so come on Friday 28 February 7:30am to pick it up.

When I was waiting patiently. My pen fell and a Guy beside me took it for me. Got to know he was Reuben when he was called for his interview. So I called him and told him am Maame Afua on the forum. . Said good bye

Thanks to God for our success story and to all forum members who contributed in diverse ways I really appreciate your efforts
I sat thank u all

congratulations once again bridget aka maame afua.

Friends we arrived in the US last week. We are fine. Congratulations to all who had success in their interviews. I am praying for all who are yet to go for their interviews. God bless you.

oh ok we thank God for that but which state are you lodging with your family.

yeah i went to inquire whether a request has been placed ,sorry for not making that clear.by the way have u received your green card? if so how long did it take for you to receive it.Thanks

Congratulations on receiving your SSN and the steps you've taken so far towards your resettlement. However, you shouldn't be telling those still waiting to not follow up on their SSN upon arrival, if they're able to. You're one of those fortunate to have received the SSN without having to re-apply. A lot of new immigrants have waited in vain for the card to arrive and it never did.

By the way, you shouldn't have gone to the SSN administrative office telling them straigh off that you wanted to apply for your SSN. What you should have done at the office was to inform them that you wanted to find out if a request had been put in on your behalf, and if they say yes, you're already in their system, you could ask them to write out your number for you, (if you need the number right away to apply for some sort of service), otherwise you could just leave and wait for the card to arrive in the mail. Now, if they say there's no information about you in their system, that's when you tell them you will like to put in an application. Visiting the SSN office with an already filled application form is a back up plan you only use/present if/when they tell you no request was made on your behalf.

Great this came up,i went to the local social security office 2 weeks ago and asked about my application and was told there was no record of my application so had to apply for the card there and received it about 4 days ago in the mail but with the green card i guess i have to forget about it for now and patiently wait as this process has always taught me to do.

Congrats maame afuaa
Were you asked about the wrong date of birth on the certificate
@ Gh50
Everything is going on well by the grace of God.

Thanks for the additional clarification. To answer your question, I'm not a DV 2014 selectee, so my GC information wouldn't be of any use to you.

Congrats maame afuaa
Were you asked about the wrong date of birth on the certificate
@ Gh50
Everything is going on well by the grace of God.

good to know that things are well jerry, i would try and get in touch when things are settled.

Did you see my post above? Green cards currently taking about 60 days. We entered 26 Dec, our cards just got put in the mail yesterday, should receive them tomorrow.

Now the details, Got to the embassy around 6.30 am, we were called around 7.10am. Did all the security checks and thump-print. I was the second person to be called. Now the interview proper.

C.O- Good morning and how are u doing
Me- Good morning and am doing good, how about you
C.O- Am good
C.O- Raise ur hand and swear bla bla bla
Me- I swear bla bla bla
C.O- Have you ever applied for a visa
Me - Yes please
C.O- did you use the same passport
Me- Yes please( She checked from the computer)
C.O- Are u married
Me- No
C.O- Do you have children
Me- No
C.O- Have u ever married
Me- No

She checked my degree and gave back the certificate to me, but went back with ma ssce cert for about 30seconds and came
She said; I have approved your visa, took the blue slip and circled it. I asked her for my birth cert and ssce cert and she said she will give it to me when i come for my visa collection. Glory be to God

Congrats

Now the details
I got to the embassy around 6:35am, we were called around 7:00am and were asked to form a cue, Visitors at one side and immigrant the other side. For we the DV applicants we were only asked to bring out our appointment letters and they checked it. From there I gave my phone to the security and was scan thoroughly. We entered and we were asked to sit and wait. I was called to window 1 and was told what to do.That is payment and the things to be submitted with their photocopies. After that I went to the cashier and pay for my visa fees, I make sure that I was having GhC 858.00 exactly cause I didn't want any confusion there lol.
I went back to my seat, waited like 10mins and was called again to window 2 to submit my Documents and their photocopies. I gave out my Documents to the lady in there to pick what she needs. She selected what was needed for the interview and gave me back what they don't need then I went back to my seat. About 15mins I was called again to window 1 to take my finger prints which I did and went back to my seat. I sat down waited and waited. I wasn't called. I realised that those who came in late were the ones being called for the interview and said wow.I waited for about 45mins to 1 Hour. Finally I was called to window 4 for the main interview.

C.O Good morning and how are u doing
Me Good morning and I'm doing good and you
C.O Am good
C.O Raise your right hand and swear bla bla bla
Me I swear
Then the CO asked me to sign which I did and gave back the form to him
C.O Which SHS school did I attended
Me I answered
C.O Which year did I completed
Me I answered
C.O Which programme did you do at the Tertiary Level
Me I answered
C.O Have you done your service
Me Yes
C.O Where
Me I answered
C.O What were you doing there
Me I answered
He then took my SSS Certificate and looked on it
C.O What course did you do at the SHS level
Me I answered
C.O what was the subjects
Me I answered
All this while he was typing whiles interviewing me
C.O I have approved your visa and took the blue slip and wrote my name on it and said don’t make any travel arrangements until you pick up your visa BLAH BLAH and gave me the blue sheet. I said thank you Sir and have a good day.

When I was waiting to be called, I was sitting beside a certain lady not knowing it was Maame Afua. She never said a word to me until I was done with the interview then she called me and said I am Maame Afua, I smiled and told her that I am done and having my blue slip. She said we will talk and I walked out. I learnt she is also through Thank you Lord for the Success today.

I say a very big thank you to the entire crew of "ALL GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE" for this success. Thank you for your prayers and your support.
Thanks to ROSELYNA the forum mum, My bro GH50, Britsimon, Ghanaman, ANNANSCOK, MAAME AFUA, VANSARK, PHILIP1ON1 and the all forum members,i appreciate all your support and encouragement ..Thank you very much and its my Prayer that the Good Lord see everyone through. Amen!

Congrats...e sweet eh!!!

Hi Forumites its been a long time since i came online,i safely arived in the US on the 5th of febuary ,life here is good
just dat the weather is killing me but am managing.for those who requested that a social security card should be made for u when u were filling the forms,pls dont go to any social security office to apply cos they will tell u that u have been assigned a number already ,dats what happened in my case.
Taking IOM deal will save u a lot of money .delta airline is good n it flies direct to the US .for first time travelers to US i will advise u take a direct flight rather than transits.
By the way i recieved my social security card last friday exactly two weeks i arrived n still waiting for the green card to be mailled to me.

Also want to congratulate all those who got their visa approved and wish success to all those about to go ,just pray n present urself cos the visa is yours so go for it.
greetings to GH50,Roselyna,Lil kay ,alfred ofori n all the guys .stay blessed n w will PM u guys my number so we will get in touch.

Thanx kwame29... I recv ur greetings...
Am also in d US...d weather de333 no b now oooh...u can imagine wts happenin in. Minnesota.
Anyway, i was also at d social security office to check on mine. Tho i applied for it on d visa form i still went to d office to pursue...what dey will do is that they will check their system. If one has already been issued in your name it will be fast tracked for you and mailed to you since u hav now finally arrived.
If not, they will process a new one for u. Whichever way u get it faster than waiting for immigration to forward ur documents thru d system.
So, it is always better to just visit the SS admin Office nearest you when u arrive to avoid delays if any.
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

I sat thank u all

Congrats maame...
I enjoyed reading your story especially how u got to connect with Reuben...God works in mysterious ways evn when your pen falls down trust God He can use it to your advantage... Thank God u didnt say " the devil is a liar" when d pen fell.....lol
People do that, attributing almos every tiny thing to the devil...
Now, D hard part is over. I remember when we first communicated offline n u wer so worried.
U c say its all over....
Congrats again

Great this came up,i went to the local social security office 2 weeks ago and asked about my application and was told there was no record of my application so had to apply for the card there and received it about 4 days ago in the mail but with the green card i guess i have to forget about it for now and patiently wait as this process has always taught me to do.

Having received the SS Card is ok. For now, if it is critical to prove ur legibility to work or permanent stay, i think your stamped passport is enough.
Have seen pple us it till d card comes.