• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

And secondly my few friends who have gone through the dv in Ghana said they never asked for it. But you can still call the US Embassy for your conscience sake. All the best

And secondly my few friends who have gone through the dv in Ghana said they never asked for it. But you can still call the US Embassy for your conscience sake. All the best

Man your post is not clear so pls help out.

Lil-Kay you said it all. I have also been asked to re-appear in Nov, as they need more prove about my relationship with my wife and child, so I have been asked to do DNA for the 3 three of us (myself, my wife and daughter) and medicals for my daughter and re-appear in Nov with those details based on which they can decide on our case. But I believe and trust in God, He has already done it.
Fellow forum members who will be going next good luck and no fears coz it is well. All you need to do is tell them the truth and nothing else. Also make sure you go there with all the required documents requested in the instructions.
Last but not the least, eat before you go there bcoz I was on hunger strike today....what......!!!!

Raphoo more vim,all is well. So was the interview conducted at all and if so did they ask for affidavit of support since you went with your family.

Raphoo more vim,all is well. So was the interview conducted at all and if so did they ask for affidavit of support since you went with your family.

No, they never requested for anything of such. They only need the documents they have listed in the instructions, they only ask of additional documents in the case of marriage couple to check how genuine the relationship is, such as marriage cert, wedding photos, children birth cert and the likes. If they need any other thing apart from the instructed documents, you will be asked to provide at the interview just as in my case they requested for DNA test. That is all

No, they never requested for anything of such. They only need the documents they have listed in the instructions, they only ask of additional documents in the case of marriage couple to check how genuine the relationship is, such as marriage cert, wedding photos, children birth cert and the likes. If they need any other thing apart from the instructed documents, you will be asked to provide at the interview just as in my case they requested for DNA test. That is all

Raphoo,
If you don't mind my asking, did you include your wife and child during your eDV entry? I am trying to understand why they've asked for the DNA. DNA is expensive from what I've heard. Please us in a little bit and if possible, exactly how the interview went. Please.

Raphoo,
If you don't mind my asking, did you include your wife and child during your eDV entry? I am trying to understand why they've asked for the DNA. DNA is expensive from what I've heard. Please us in a little bit and if possible, exactly how the interview went. Please.

Rose the problem is we weren't married during the time of registration. We were dating by then, so we registered separately as singles but got pregnant and married legally afterwards. So luckily for us one won and filled as married couples after selection when she was still pregnant. Some few days after given birth the 2nd notification (interview appointment) came so we had to file the baby as well as a beneficiary which we did at the interview. So for my case, it is a bit different from that of others and I understand it perfectly well and do not have anything against them requesting for DNA test because it so surprising and wonderful having a baby, getting married and winning the Dv lottery at the same time. Am thankful to God for this victorious year He has given me. I know some people in my situation would have leave out the new born baby for the sake of the visa but I will never deny my lovely daughter for a visa after all God knows best.

Rose the problem is we weren't married during the time of registration. We were dating by then, so we registered separately as singles but got pregnant and married legally afterwards. So luckily for us one won and filled as married couples after selection when she was still pregnant. Some few days after given birth the 2nd notification (interview appointment) came so we had to file the baby as well as a beneficiary which we did at the interview. So for my case, it is a bit different from that of others and I understand it perfectly well and do not have anything against them requesting for DNA test because it so surprising and wonderful having a baby, getting married and winning the Dv lottery at the same time. Am thankful to God for this victorious year He has given me. I know some people in my situation would have leave out the new born baby for the sake of the visa but I will never deny my lovely daughter for a visa after all God knows best.

Raphoo,
That really make sense to me now. I am sure you will sail through. Good luck.

bronsted, Please where are you? we need to hear from you!

Raphoo's case is very unique. What he did is best. I believe it shall be well with him. I pray for him and other guys for success.

Raphoo's case is very unique. What he did is best. I believe it shall be well with him. I pray for him and other guys for success.
I salute you Raphoo, you did exactly what a man would do to protect his family. You will be fine, God will see you through.
Best of luck man. We were all hoping that you would be a little narrative with the details of your interview, if its not too much to ask.
We respect your choices though.

Lil-Kay you said it all. I have also been asked to re-appear in Nov, as they need more prove about my relationship with my wife and child, so I have been asked to do DNA for the 3 three of us (myself, my wife and daughter) and medicals for my daughter and re-appear in Nov with those details based on which they can decide on our case. But I believe and trust in God, He has already done it.
Fellow forum members who will be going next good luck and no fears coz it is well. All you need to do is tell them the truth and nothing else. Also make sure you go there with all the required documents requested in the instructions.
Last but not the least, eat before you go there bcoz I was on hunger strike today....what......!!!!

Hahahahaa...i lov dat part where u said "eat b4 u go there"...Raphoo, i hope ur baby wasnt starved cos other nursing mothers had to go out and feed theirs...anyway, i ate breakfast at 5am and see the time i left there, well after 12. so guys, fill ur tommy wit solid food.
chale u hav another cost at hand...DNA for 3 people??? wowwww....we're talkin thousands of cedis here...anyway if thats the price for your visa, why not pay it?
Raphoo also mentioned one thing...saying the truth...pls...no lies...i was asked questions about an attempt to travel on a workin holiday visa 8years ago. unfortunately i was refused and i confidently gave out all the answers. when the CO checked frm the database it all checked oout....no lies or tricks pls else u cld contradict urself and pay dearly for that-outright refusal.
finally, if ure payin ur fees in ghana cedis make sure u have 1 ghana cedi notes on u cos d figure is quite odd...726.00 as at 2day. som were strugglin getting change & the cashier didnt want to keep any1s change either...

NO "AFFIA-DAVIES" (Affidavit) of support, no financial document taken. infact, even the ghanaian lady who sorted out the documents gave them back to me in a way dat suggested they wer all junk...:)

Raphoo,

If u dont mind, lemme say somtn.

get there in time and relax. enjoy d fresh air around.
u will b called to line up abt 30mins to time, as wit any other interview.
u go through security checks.
take a seat in the hall.
all dv applicants are called and given a slip with which to mak payment
payment is made
finger prints are taken
ur name is called.
but hey...all dont follow smoothly like dat. in between u may sit sometimes for as long as an hour b4 going to the next level.

MY INTERVIEW:

MY name is called:
me: Hello good morn.
CO(a lady): hi. how are you?
me: i'm good.
CO: raises her right hand and asks me to do same. do you swear to tell me the truth and nothing but the truth?
me: with right hand raised i said : "i do" (i nearly thought i was getting married or in court)
CO: place ur left index finger on the finger print reader
me: i did.
CO: ok. i guess dats where my previous application details of 2005 came on her screen.
CO: have u ever applied for a visa here
me: Yes i have
CO: what type of visa?
me: working holiday but i was refused
CO: okay
CO: what work do u do?
me: told her
CO: where do u work?
CO: told her
CO: (goes thru my documents)
when did u enter sss
CO: when did u complete?
CO: how did u fare?
me: mentioned all my grades to her.
CO: U did very well...
me: thank u.
CO: i cant seem to see ur local police report, did u include it? (searches documents and find it)
aaaah....der it is...
CO: i can see u applied for a foreign police report from .............
me: yes i did.
CO: hold on...i've never seen their police report from there...lemme check ...(keeps typing and clicking something on her pc)
CO: what wer u doing in that country?
me: was initially on holidays awaiting entry into Uni. Unfortunately , i didnt get admission so i ended up staying till the next year when i got admission. i der4 took d opportunity to school in a 1 year program, see certificate attached.
CO: well, all your documents are fine ( as she reaches out for a blue paper-the one that reschedules ur interview, not the one i was eyeing which is also blue - the collection ticket) but we will need more time to do administrative processing. ( i'm sure its about the police report bcos she said she hasnt seen 1 from that country b4 or som other thing maybe).
she writes the new date on the blue sheet and ends the interview.

MY INTERVIEW:

MY name is called:
me: Hello good morn.
CO(a lady): hi. how are you?
me: i'm good.
CO: raises her right hand and asks me to do same. do you swear to tell me the truth and nothing but the truth?
me: with right hand raised i said : "i do" (i nearly thought i was getting married or in court)
CO: place ur left index finger on the finger print reader
me: i did.
CO: ok. i guess dats where my previous application details of 2005 came on her screen.
CO: have u ever applied for a visa here
me: Yes i have
CO: what type of visa?
me: working holiday but i was refused
CO: what work do u do?
CO: where do u work?
CO: told her
CO: (goes thru my documents)
when did u enter sss
CO: when did u complete?
CO: how did u fare?
me: mentioned all my grades to her.
CO: U did very well...
me: thank u.
CO: i cant seem to see ur local police report, did u include it? (searches documents and find it)
aaaah....der it is...
CO: i can see u applied for a foreign police report from .............
me: yes i did.
CO: hold on...i've never seen their police report from there...lemme check ...(keeps typing and clicking something on her pc)
CO: what wer u doing in that country?
me: was initially on holidays awaiting entry into Uni. Unfortunately , i didnt get admission so i ended up staying till the next year when i got admission. i der4 took d opportunity to school in a 1 year program, see certificate attached.
CO: well, all your documents are fine ( as she reaches out for a blue paper-the one that reschedules ur interview, not the one i was eyeing which is also blue - the collection ticket) but we will need more time to do administrative processing. ( i'm sure its about the police report bcos she said she hasnt seen 1 from that country b4 or som other thing maybe).
she writes the new date on the blue sheet and ends the interview.

Awwww,i was really waiting for something really different from all that was posted but God knows best. Lil-kay 12th nov is not really far so as you know prayer is the key and you wont go back and come back without the visa. All the best.

Awwww,i was really waiting for something really different from all that was posted but God knows best. Lil-kay 12th nov is not really far so as you know prayer is the key and you wont go back and come back without the visa. All the best.

i kno gh50...but in times like dis a day is like a 1000years so imagine what 42days is like...
jus lookin up to God onto whom dis 42days is like 4.2microseconds...lol

Hello friends,sorry for not being here early.my visa went through and i have been issued a visa.my visa pick up is on Friday. God has been faithful.thanks for all your prayers.Good luck to raphoo n lilkay n all waiting for their interview.

Hello friends,sorry for not being here early.my visa went through and i have been issued a visa.my visa pick up is on Friday. God has been faithful.thanks for all your prayers.Good luck to raphoo n lilkay n all waiting for their interview.

Woooow thats great to know but if you dont mind can you kindly update us with whatever transpired over there so that our morale is boosted.

Wow, Thanks be to God. So happy for you, Congratulations Bronsted. It will be at different times but each and everyone on this forum will see success at the end in Jesus's name.