• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

VISA Bulletin for July and August released removing Ethiopia from exception list (Egypt remains as exception). July for Africa including Ethiopia in 36,500 and for August is 42,250. Do we have someone in the forum with immigrant number in the August range?

10q fikir, Bzw would u ck ur status on ceac ? pleas ck it say something
Dear @gere I have checked my status at CEAC and they updated it on 09th June and it is says AP and still they didn't change it. I don't know how long it will stay. Based on the previous experience from our forum it will not stay long. Hopefully it will be Issued today or tomorrow and we will collect it on Monday. How about yours?

Dear @gere I have checked my status at CEAC and they updated it on 09th June and it is says AP and still they didn't change it. I don't know how long it will stay. Based on the previous experience from our forum it will not stay long. Hopefully it will be Issued today or tomorrow and we will collect it on Monday. How about yours?
yes @Fikir yours seem normal. but mine is updated on jun 10 & says ready it's an abnormal I don't know what to judge just wait & see. am happy if someone expand my know how in this issue

yes @Fikir yours seem normal. but mine is updated on jun 10 & says ready it's an abnormal I don't know what to judge just wait & see. am happy if someone expand my know how in this issue
No worries guys, I know it is like that and it needs unlimited patience. As we never heard of un-issued passport, whatever days it takes, you will definitely get your passport with the visa so keep on your preparation for the travel.
Wish you all the best.

No worries guys, I know it is like that and it needs unlimited patience. As we never heard of un-issued passport, whatever days it takes, you will definitely get your passport with the visa so keep on your preparation for the travel.
Wish you all the best.
Yea, patience in DV is a necessity and the main thing too. You are right, I think after they told us visa is granted they will not change their mined. Ofcourse unless they got something extraordinary situation on our application. Anyways, we are checking air ticket and preparing other things. Bytheway @MB1xxx, we are heading to Las Vegas and the air ticket is expensive especially the Emirates and Qatar. Ethiopian airlines (with the new rout) seems the better choice for now. But the problem is online booking online with the web site that I got. Anyways, I will contact the Ethiopian airlines office.

Yea, patience in DV is a necessity and the main thing too. You are right, I think after they told us visa is granted they will not change their mined. Ofcourse unless they got something extraordinary situation on our application. Anyways, we are checking air ticket and preparing other things. Bytheway @MB1xxx, we are heading to Las Vegas and the air ticket is expensive especially the Emirates and Qatar. Ethiopian airlines (with the new rout) seems the better choice for now. But the problem is online booking online with the web site that I got. Anyways, I will contact the Ethiopian airlines office.
Ok @Fikir12, you did good to check ET. For me it was more than 1.5 times expensive than Emirates (11,000 and 18,000 birr respectively). Yours is a bit far. We fly direct to NY connecting at Dubai. Cheers!!

Hey guys, my CEAC status says AP from 09 June till now. People said in this forum that it normally fluctuates between AP and Ready before it say Issued. What is happening? Is there anyone has any idea about it?

What kind of problems you mean @SusieQQQ? Updating of the CEAC page or not Issuing the visa at all?

Read the link in my post...

Visas

• A hardware failure on June 9 halted the flow of biometric clearance requests from posts to the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD). Individuals who submitted online applications or were interviewed for visas on or after June 9 may experience a delay in the processing.
  • The systems in place to perform required national security checks before we issue visas are experiencing technical difficulties. As a result, we are unable to print visas, regular passports overseas, and other travel documents.
  • We cannot bypass the legal requirements necessary to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel.
  • As a result, there is a backlog of visas waiting to be processed. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue and to clear the backlog.
  • The technical issues we are experiencing have disrupted or prevented some of the Department’s primary data-share partners from accessing visa records.

Visas

• A hardware failure on June 9 halted the flow of biometric clearance requests from posts to the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD). Individuals who submitted online applications or were interviewed for visas on or after June 9 may experience a delay in the processing.
  • The systems in place to perform required national security checks before we issue visas are experiencing technical difficulties. As a result, we are unable to print visas, regular passports overseas, and other travel documents.
  • We cannot bypass the legal requirements necessary to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel.
  • As a result, there is a backlog of visas waiting to be processed. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue and to clear the backlog.
  • The technical issues we are experiencing have disrupted or prevented some of the Department’s primary data-share partners from accessing visa records.
Wow, I didn't see this.Thank you very much for sharing this information. This why I become the member of this forum, so great information!!! Our interview was on 08 June so do you think it will be affected by this information since they said on or after June 9? I hope they will correct it and continue the regular work soon.
Thank you very much for your information @SusieQQQ!!!

Visas

Auffff.... now my mind gets some rest, that was my real confession & this is z real benefit of being forum member 10q 10q...

Our forum goes silent. Probably most of the selectees in Ethiopia went to the interview. Is there anyone who are waiting their interview?

Hi guys please tell me USCIS phone number i have made a mistake in my sponsors adress at the port of entry i want to call them right now