• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Ormania, had you registered your appointment (online at the official page of US embassy in addis ababa) before you went for interview?
love I think the website is used to register only for dhl service related with IV ; I have registered my self while i applied for NIV : the appointment is mandatory for NIV ;

THE WEB SITE HAVE AN OPTION WHICH ASKS IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED APPOINTMENT DETAIL FROM NVC Not KCC

Ormania, had you registered your appointment (online at the official page of US embassy in addis ababa) before you went for interview?

What registration are you talking about? You will get your 2nd nl. on it is your appointment. The place, date and time! The only appointment required for visa interview is when applying for a business or visit visa. This one is a Diversity visa, no need to make appointment.

The only registration you need to do is on DHL, that is just after you received your 2nd nl.

Cheers!

Hi rolex123, regarding affidavit support (i-134) am planning to show my bank account, but I don't know if it works as a replacement for I-134.
Yes. It replaces. You can show $10k per person.
But be sure that large amount of money is not deposited once in to your account very recently. You know bank statement lists three months history. The CO may think you got it from someone just to show it in your name for this purpose.

I am back after long silence due to my busy time to put things together according to criteria I learned from this forum. Just in case it helps for the new ones, below is my status. Any question about where and how I did these things is welcome. If those already done with preparation observed something I missed, please let me know. I am also eager to hear how the interview at the embassy in Addis goes starting from tomorrow (Monday 3 November).

----------------------------
Case Number: 2015AF00001***
DS260 form Submitted/Confirmed: June 6, 2014
Second NL: September 19, 2014
Interview date: Mid November 2014
Interview location: US Embassy in Addis
Police Report: done
Medicals: done
Birth Certificate authentication: done
Marriage Certificate authentication: done
Educational Certificates authentication: done
Kebele ID renewal: done
DHL registration conformation: done
Visa Fee $330 per family member: ready in ETB
---------------------------

I am back after long silence due to my busy time to put things together according to criteria I learned from this forum. Just in case it helps for the new ones, below is my status. Any question about where and how I did these things is welcome. If those already done with preparation observed something I missed, please let me know. I am also eager to hear how the interview at the embassy in Addis goes starting from tomorrow (Monday 3 November).

You are well prepared.
How is your financial status? In case you are asked, do yo have anything to show($10k per person bank account or personal asset)? Or to present affidavit of support?
I hope you don't have forgotten to prepare photos of you and your family as per the standard.

What registration are you talking about? You will get your 2nd nl. on it is your appointment. The place, date and time! The only appointment required for visa interview is when applying for a business or visit visa. This one is a Diversity visa, no need to make appointment.

The only registration you need to do is on DHL, that is just after you received your 2nd nl.

Cheers!
Guys what r u talking >" What kind of registration on DHL"
I haven't done any thing like that..can u explain to me :( ???

Hi rolex123, regarding affidavit support (i-134) am planning to show my bank account, but I don't know if it works as a replacement for I-134.
it works, but make sure that it is your saving , not taking from somebody else and putting into your account, and also not one time deposit, the statement should be progressive saving over the last one year, you have to be careful , they know that Ethiopia is poor and they knew very well that most people couldn't able to keep more than 10k usd out of monthly income .
thanks

nice to hear from mb1xxx, by the way where is birth certificate , and marriage certificate authentication will be done?, I thought only education certificate is only necessary to be authenticated, but where is the place for birth certificate and marriage certificate authentication ? how about I-134 preparation , how done yet ?
btw how is the count down feels like till mid of November ?
wish u all best .

Guys what r u talking >" What kind of registration on DHL"
I haven't done any thing like that..can u explain to me :( ???
q boss , only for visa pick up, go to internet café near usa embassy they will do it for u, it is very easy.

nice to hear from mb1xxx, by the way where is birth certificate , and marriage certificate authentication will be done?, I thought only education certificate is only necessary to be authenticated, but where is the place for birth certificate and marriage certificate authentication ? how about I-134 preparation , how done yet ?
wish u all best .
rolex you can authenticate the documents at vital statics registration office if your sub city and MFO FOR FINAL AUTENTICATION

Yes. It replaces. You can show $10k per person.
But be sure that large amount of money is not deposited once in to your account very recently. You know bank statement lists three months history. The CO may think you got it from someone just to show it in your name for this purpose.

Hi God-Is-Love, thanks yes I did like that, I tried to save 65% to date. With the help of God I will reach 85%. is it a must to fill 10K ?

Hi God-Is-Love, thanks yes I did like that, I tried to save 65% to date. With the help of God I will reach 85%. is it a must to fill 10K ?
It's good progress @yohanmar.
By the way you can show combination of bank statement and personal assets if you have any (like house, car, equipment,...).
They all should SUM up $10k.

it works, but make sure that it is your saving , not taking from somebody else and putting into your account, and also not one time deposit, the statement should be progressive saving over the last one year, you have to be careful , they know that Ethiopia is poor and they knew very well that most people couldn't able to keep more than 10k usd out of monthly income .
thanks
Hi rolex123, is the statement should be for one year? I thought it's for 3 month. Any ways it's from my saving. And hope they will consider where you are working too.

wish u all best .

As I've learnt from previous winners, it is not necessary to authenticate birth and marriage certificate. But, it is good authenticate these certificates just to be on the safe side,
I'm not sure if it is possible to authenticate them at every 'kifleketema' (as ZGREAT said). What i know for sure is - the municipality branch located inside sheger menafesha is doing this. They put their stamp at the back and send you to Foreign affairs for another stump.

Last edited:
It's good progress @yohanmar.
By the way you can show combination of bank statement and personal assets if you have any (like house, car, equipment,...).
They all should SUM up $10k.

Ok. But I don't have any personal asset. I was not good at saving before, am so thankful for DV 2015 I learn how to save and its value. Hope they will consider my organization.

Hi rolex123, is the statement should be for one year? I thought it's for 3 month. Any ways it's from my saving. And hope they will consider where you are working too.
You are right @yohanmar. They will take in to account your previous work experiences. They are asking for financial proof when they think you don't have something to support yourself when you go to US. I think that is why many guys are not asked for it (as reported on this thread)