• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys sorry for being late.here is how my interview went.i went to embassy early in the morning and reached there at 7:30am,it's better to be early than late since some applicants has already reached there earlier than me. *At the embassy I went through the front gate and showed my 1st and 2nd notification paper with the passport to the security at the reception and another security personnel *told me to switch off my phone and give it to him and in return gave me a number and also told me to pass through the metal detector after passing that and that room at the gate I went to another separate building that's the waiting area for applicants.when i enter that room immediately on the right i saw ppl waitn in line .i told the security guy I am a dv applicant and gave me a folder to put my documents in order as instructed in the folder and did that accordingly and went back and waited at the line and an Ethiopian woman checked it and took my documents and gave me a return paper and told me to come back in the afternoon around 12:30pm for 1:00pm interview. unfortunately I came late around 6:45 and there where ppl waitn in line at the gate to get in and got inside around 7:15pm which made me late so guys go early in the afternoon then as the same procedure in the morning I went in waited for my name to be called at the guest waiting area since I came late I can say I was Almost the last person to be interviewed.at the interview 1st i was asked if i wanted to do the interview in english or amharic and they prefer if u do it in English since all winners has education up to 12 grade but not mandatory *and made me to swear that all my document are correct and true to the best of my knowledge *and was asked:
-To give a finger print on the reader in front of me *
-what's ur highest level of education?
-what was ur final project about at the university for ur degree?
-asked me to explain it
-do u have a wife,fiancée,children?
Then he told me to pay for uscis before I depart and gave me a yellow paper and to follow the instruction how to pay and told me to register at dhl but told him that I already did and searched for the confirmation paper and he found it and told me to pick my visa up after a week. And returned my originals documents.

Thanks to GOD all went smoothly!!

Congra engef, keep in touch!!!

Well guys sorry for being late.here is how my interview went.i went to embassy early in the morning and reached there at 7:30am,it's better to be early than late since some applicants has already reached there earlier than me. *At the embassy I went through the front gate and showed my 1st and 2nd notification paper with the passport to the security at the reception and another security personnel *told me to switch off my phone and give it to him and in return gave me a number and also told me to pass through the metal detector after passing that and that room at the gate I went to another separate building that's the waiting area for applicants.when i enter that room immediately on the right i saw ppl waitn in line .i told the security guy I am a dv applicant and gave me a folder to put my documents in order as instructed in the folder and did that accordingly and went back and waited at the line and an Ethiopian woman checked it and took my documents and gave me a return paper and told me to come back in the afternoon around 12:30pm for 1:00pm interview. unfortunately I came late around 6:45 and there where ppl waitn in line at the gate to get in and got inside around 7:15pm which made me late so guys go early in the afternoon then as the same procedure in the morning I went in waited for my name to be called at the guest waiting area since I came late I can say I was Almost the last person to be interviewed.at the interview 1st i was asked if i wanted to do the interview in english or amharic and they prefer if u do it in English since all winners has education up to 12 grade but not mandatory *and made me to swear that all my document are correct and true to the best of my knowledge *and was asked:
-To give a finger print on the reader in front of me *
-what's ur highest level of education?
-what was ur final project about at the university for ur degree?
-asked me to explain it
-do u have a wife,fiancée,children?
Then he told me to pay for uscis before I depart and gave me a yellow paper and to follow the instruction how to pay and told me to register at dhl but told him that I already did and searched for the confirmation paper and he found it and told me to pick my visa up after a week. And returned my originals documents.

Thanks to GOD all went smoothly!!

Thank you engef,

That was a short and lovely encounter with the CO.....
do visit us and participate.....

Wishing you all the best

It depends on the state you are in. Usually immigrants are not eligible for benefits like Medicaid in their first five years, however, some states waive this for pregnancy/birth so the process is basically free. For those that don't waive it can be thousands of dollars. She needs to look up what the situation is in the state she is going to and she needs to sign up for medical insurance as soon as she can.

Her other option is to wait till the baby is born and then travel, as long as she can get there before her visa expires. She will then need to get a birth certificate and passport for the baby and apply for a "transportation letter" from the embassy, which will allow the baby to enter, the baby will then get processed as an immigrant on arrival. Depending where she is planning on living in the US this could end up being a much cheaper option!

Thanks SusieQQQ, nice of you.

Thanks a lot SusieQQQ, much appreciated. I will pass z message to her to look for the options for the state she will be heading.

Good explanation both of u engef and SusieQQQ!

Friends our Facebook page is growing and invite you all to participate.

I received one question, through facebook, today from a new member here under please kindly find his question and my reply. Please give your opinion so that I or Ormania will communicate the replies to him:

Question of the new member;

Hallo my Dear Ormania this is Dereje from Ethiopia a winner of Dv 2014, i try to Join the forum but i can't i don't now why, i just wanna ask u abt my cese no 2014AF00042*** when do i got 2nL pls help me my dear i'm confused.

Hello my friend, well come to our group! If you want be a part of the forum just create account first by registering and you can post any question you want. For the time being I will post your question on the forum and bring you back all the possible suggestions. In my opinion your case will be current between July-August. But as you may know this depends on the number of Ethiopians fall between the current for April which is 30,000 and your case number. As stated in their web site every year they will give around 50,000 visas which is shared all over the eligible countries having different quotas. So they will continue to call until they reach the specified no in our country. So the number of visas issued so far and the number of winners that lie in between ultimately affects the rate.
Dan14
hope Ormania will also give you his opinion sooner. Good luck!

more or less similar to other members answers. in the package u received from DHL SAID THAT, if u want to change ur resident in US after u received visa, u must told correctly to the immigration officer the right changed united state address. it means ur permanent living card will send in that address. just write ur changed address correctly at the time of entry. no problem at all.

UPDATED INTERVIEW STATUS(ETHIOPIA)

[tr]
[td]S/N[/td]
[td]NAME[/td]
[td]CASE NUMBER[/td]
[td]INTERVIEW STATUS[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]1[/td]
[td]piuygiu
[/td]
[td]2014AF0005***
[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2[/td]
[td]kid123[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3[/td]
[td]natna[/td]
[td]2014AF0006***[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]4[/td]
[td]sadat13[/td]
[td]2014AF00015***
[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]5[/td]
[td]ison2013[/td]
[td]2014AF00017***[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]6[/td]
[td]lehw[/td]
[td]2014AF00010***
[/td]

[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]7[/td]
[td]gett[/td]
[td]2014AF00012***
[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]8[/td]
[td]aby111[/td]
[td]2014AF00023***[/td]

[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]

[/tr]
[tr]
[td]9[/td]
[td]lilita[/td]
[td]2014AF00019***[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]10[/td]
[td]selg[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]11[/td]
[td]Dan14[/td]
[td]2014AF00022***[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]12[/td]
[td]engef[/td]
[td]2014AF00019***[/td]
[td]VISA GRANTED[/td]
[/tr]
[/td]

UPCOMING STATUS

[tr]
[td]13[/td]
[td]1danny[/td]
[td]2014AF00021***
[/td]
[td]24-Mar[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]14[/td]
[td]B&C[/td]
[td]2014AF00028***
[/td]
[td]29-April[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]15[/td]
[td]Ormania[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]14-May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]16[/td]
[td]mercy8924[/td]
[td]2014AF00032***
[/td]
[td]12-May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]17[/td]
[td]Tew[/td]
[td]2014AF00031***
[/td]
[td]29-May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]18[/td]
[td]relose29[/td]
[td]2014AF00033***
[/td]
[td]8-May[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]19[/td]
[td]jonahyoyi[/td]
[td]2014AF00033***[/td]
[td]27-May[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]20[/td]
[td]Hinicho[/td]
[td]2014AF00038***[/td]
[td]23-May[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]S/N[/td]
[td]NAME[/td]
[td]CASE NUMBER[/td]
[td]INTERVIEW STATUS[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]21[/td]
[td]kusa[/td]
[td]2014AF00022***[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]22[/td]
[td]tiwni[/td]
[td]2014AF00024***[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]23[/td]
[td]getder[/td]
[td]2014AF00025***[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]24[/td]
[td]binafana[/td]
[td]2014AF00029***
[/td]
[td]Current[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]25[/td]
[td]ofegi (Rep. of Mr. X)[/td]
[td]2014AF00042***[/td]
[td]Esti. June[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]26[/td]
[td]EGZI7[/td]
[td]2014AF00042***[/td]
[td]Esti. June[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]27[/td]
[td]BND[/td]
[td]2014AF00050***[/td]
[td]Esti. July[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]28[/td]
[td]sunnyb[/td]
[td]2014AF00051***[/td]
[td]Esti. July[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]29[/td]
[td]dagm[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]

NB: Those current pls let us know your status, is been long since you people are current... Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
sSUIrGAgAAANM5XkC6nP8HPp6t+KgrLyIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

GLORY BE TO GOD !!!!
24 MAR 2014 I got to the embassy around 7 am then we had priority because of the kid/9 month. After checking we entered in side an Ethiopian lady gives us one folder to put all documents. Accordingly I arranged and give back to her; she checked though the documents and give me back unnecessary document like grade 8 certificate & medical conformation paper. She told us to come back at 12:30 with Kebela renewal ID and she give to us green paper. In the afternoon we arrived at 12:30. We were called around 1:00 pm, Visitors at one side and immigrant the other side. The DV applicants were asked to sit and wait. We were called to the window and told to provide finger prints. She give me the paper to pay. After that I went to cashier and pay for visa fee for my wife/ principal applicant only and went back to the window, gave the receipt and she told me to go back to my seat. We waited like 0:15 m and was called us again to the window. That was amazing; one American yang lady greeted us with a nice smile and she give forms/ D122 & D230/ to sign for my wife and myself, without any question finally she asked the question.
CO: Raise your right hand and swear ……
We: Swear
CO: What is the highest level of education you have completed
Wife: she answered
CO: Which program ?
Wife: answered
CO: Which year did u completed?
CO: I have approved your visa, congratulation.
Then she give another paper for payment for myself & kids. After payment i took the yellow paper which interacted USCIS immigrate fee & she told me pick up our passport with visa from DHL office after a week. The whole all process took only 2 hours one in the morning one in the afternoon.
This is our interview experience. THANKS YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE AND FOR THOSE ATTENDING INTERVIEW IN THE COMING WISH YOU GOOD LUCK FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

GLORY BE TO GOD !!!!
24 MAR 2014 I got to the embassy around 7 am then we had priority because of the kid/9 month. After checking we entered in side an Ethiopian lady gives us one folder to put all documents. Accordingly I arranged and give back to her; she checked though the documents and give me back unnecessary document like grade 8 certificate & medical conformation paper. She told us to come back at 12:30 with Kebela renewal ID and she give to us green paper. In the afternoon we arrived at 12:30. We were called around 1:00 pm, Visitors at one side and immigrant the other side. The DV applicants were asked to sit and wait. We were called to the window and told to provide finger prints. She give me the paper to pay. After that I went to cashier and pay for visa fee for my wife/ principal applicant only and went back to the window, gave the receipt and she told me to go back to my seat. We waited like 0:15 m and was called us again to the window. That was amazing; one American yang lady greeted us with a nice smile and she give forms/ D122 & D230/ to sign for my wife and myself, without any question finally she asked the question.
Then she give another paper for payment for myself & kids. After payment i took the yellow paper which interacted USCIS immigrate fee & she told me pick up our passport with visa from DHL office after a week. The whole all process took only 2 hours one in the morning one in the afternoon.
This is our interview experience. THANKS YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE AND FOR THOSE ATTENDING INTERVIEW IN THE COMING WISH YOU GOOD LUCK FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

Congrats!! 1danny. Thanks for sharing.

GLORY BE TO GOD !!!!

Congra !!! 1danny

GLORY BE TO GOD !!!!

That was FABULOUS bro, am so happy for you!

Keep involved till you reach America and settle down there....

CHEERS!

GLORY BE TO GOD !!!!

Congra 1danny!! Amen, Glory be to the Almighty GOD!!

congratulation dear 1danny !!!

dear friends i complete my medical exam and authentication of documents with in 4 days ,thanks to GOD my medical exam result is very good !!!

Thank u GOD

GLORY BE TO GOD !!!!

Congra 1danny, keep in touch!!!:cool:

GLORY BE TO GOD !!!!

Congra 1danny, keep in touch!!!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.