• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys for the wish and I did it.....I just got my visa granted and told me to pick up at dhl with in a week and I'll share my experience soon in detail....

Thanks guys for the wish and I did it.....I just got my visa granted and told me to pick up at dhl with in a week and I'll share my experience soon in detail....

WOOOOOW!!!

Congratulations bro, that was expected :D

CHEERS!

Details please, asap!

Most people may not be familiar with this forum and we should divine a way to convey the information about this forum for our brothers and sisters.

I was thinking to share this information on Facebook but I don't want to disclose my identity for the time being.

So if participants agree we can create a forum Facebook page having a name of Ethiopian DV winners of our batch and people like Ormania can be administrators to share this information on the Facebook page as it appears here. I can also work to help the admin jobs.

The reason I choose Facebook is due to its popularity.
We should take the responsibility to make life easier for our successors.

Have your say.
Thank you SusieQQQ for the detailed explanation for my previous query!

Congratulations engef and Good luck to 1danny

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people may not be familiar with this forum and we should divine a way to convey the information about this forum for our brothers and sisters.

I was thinking to share this information on Facebook but I don't want to disclose my identity for the time being.

So if participants agree we can create a forum Facebook page having a name of Ethiopian DV winners of our batch and people like OROMIYANA can be administrators to share this information on the Facebook page as it appears here. I can also work to help the admin jobs.

Have your say.

You mean Ormania?

Its a good idea, somebody should start it and we will be spreading the word....

CONGRA ! engef ------- pray for Us.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean Ormania?

Its a good idea, somebody should start it and we will be spreading the word....

Sorry for misunderstanding your name and spell it incorrectly, I corrected it now.

I have created the Facebook page using the name ''Dv DvWinners'' so please like the page as we all together will construct it and reach the majority audience.

So if participants agree we can create a forum Facebook page having a name of Ethiopian DV winners of our batch and people like Ormania can be administrators to share this information on the Facebook page as it appears here. I can also work to help the admin jobs.

Have your say.

This is a great initiative Dan14!!!

hallo folks i wanna wish ya all a great success in your interviews i know success is with you mates just believe and trust in the almighty and remeber God loves you

Dear all,

With in a 12 hrs our Facebook page has reached 104 friends!!

Wow hope it will continue to grow rapidly.

To Ormania, Aimanda and the rest that have received their 2NL congrats, may it go well with the interviews in May.And we wait for great news after interviews.

Thanks for all info regarding the cheap flights. By the way klm.com had offers for all american states that has been running since 1st Mar for bookings throughout the year. Please check if you are ready to go. But whoever said return ticket is cheaper is right.same case with klm.com

That is wonderful Dan14, nice job.

Add me as well......

We will keep it as long as we are around .

Thanks,

Give me your face book name or just send a friend request to DV dvwinners so that I can add you. If you want I can provide u the password and u can also extend the good job that u r doing here to the new page as well!

By the way we have reached 144 this morning!

Hope you are all doing great!!

I have a friend of mine who has finished the DV process and collected her visa recently. She is currently 6 months pregnant and planning to travel before her due date. She is really worried about the medical coverage including the delivery cost, etc. Does any one know about the scheme and insuranc policy? Appreciate your feedback on this. Those already in the state, if you know anyone who had gone through the same exprience would be very helpful.

Well guys sorry for being late.here is how my interview went.i went to embassy early in the morning and reached there at 7:30am,it's better to be early than late since some applicants has already reached there earlier than me. *At the embassy I went through the front gate and showed my 1st and 2nd notification paper with the passport to the security at the reception and another security personnel *told me to switch off my phone and give it to him and in return gave me a number and also told me to pass through the metal detector after passing that and that room at the gate I went to another separate building that's the waiting area for applicants.when i enter that room immediately on the right i saw ppl waitn in line .i told the security guy I am a dv applicant and gave me a folder to put my documents in order as instructed in the folder and did that accordingly and went back and waited at the line and an Ethiopian woman checked it and took my documents and gave me a return paper and told me to come back in the afternoon around 12:30pm for 1:00pm interview. unfortunately I came late around 6:45 and there where ppl waitn in line at the gate to get in and got inside around 7:15pm which made me late so guys go early in the afternoon then as the same procedure in the morning I went in waited for my name to be called at the guest waiting area since I came late I can say I was Almost the last person to be interviewed.at the interview 1st i was asked if i wanted to do the interview in english or amharic and they prefer if u do it in English since all winners has education up to 12 grade but not mandatory *and made me to swear that all my document are correct and true to the best of my knowledge *and was asked:
-To give a finger print on the reader in front of me *
-what's ur highest level of education?
-what was ur final project about at the university for ur degree?
-asked me to explain it
-do u have a wife,fiancée,children?
Then he told me to pay for uscis before I depart and gave me a yellow paper and to follow the instruction how to pay and told me to register at dhl but told him that I already did and searched for the confirmation paper and he found it and told me to pick my visa up after a week. And returned my originals documents.

Thanks to GOD all went smoothly!!

Hope you are all doing great!!

I have a friend of mine who has finished the DV process and collected her visa recently. She is currently 6 months pregnant and planning to travel before her due date. She is really worried about the medical coverage including the delivery cost, etc. Does any one know about the scheme and insuranc policy? Appreciate your feedback on this. Those already in the state, if you know anyone who had gone through the same exprience would be very helpful.

It depends on the state you are in. Usually immigrants are not eligible for benefits like Medicaid in their first five years, however, some states waive this for pregnancy/birth so the process is basically free. For those that don't waive it can be thousands of dollars. She needs to look up what the situation is in the state she is going to and she needs to sign up for medical insurance as soon as she can.

Her other option is to wait till the baby is born and then travel, as long as she can get there before her visa expires. She will then need to get a birth certificate and passport for the baby and apply for a "transportation letter" from the embassy, which will allow the baby to enter, the baby will then get processed as an immigrant on arrival. Depending where she is planning on living in the US this could end up being a much cheaper option!

Status
Not open for further replies.