• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everybody, i read your problem and that was very very bad thing you have been faced, but what did they gave you , did they approved your visa or not? cause my case is famillier with you , i have new TVET certificate which not include CIVIC, ENGLISH,MATHS and it has a problem, it is not accepteble under usa immigration low so guys what do you advice me my cn number is ***33***

Dagm,

I posted a link earlier that describes this clearly and Ormania posted another link that describes it clearly also.

http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/dv_requirements.html

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ethiopia/956093/PDF Files/DV 2015 Info Handout.pdf

From the first link it says:-

"You must possess one of the following as evidence of your educational qualifications:
An Ethiopian Leaving Certificate Examination (12th grade) showing at least 5 passing grades, (or)
A 12th grade ESLCE and a Teacher Training certificate, (or)
Proof of graduation from the Ethiopian Military Academy (or
Proof of graduation from a TVET 10+3 program. New TVET certificates documenting levels of achievement are not accepted because they do not meet the minimum requirement of 12 years of basic education. Any educational document presented may be subject to independent verification by U.S. Embassy staff."

So - do you do not have the TVET 10+3 and you do not have any other education as listed then you will likely be denied (especially if interviewing at Addis Ababa). Others may have a different opinion - and perhaps you have something else to offer, but be aware that you will risk wasting money on medicals and the interview fees if you go through this process without the right qualification.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear forumites
I come here with a question what happens if a person has sent exaggerated information or lied to KCC in email .
Be aware its not revealing something serious about marital states or having a children s not filled a DS 230 form. I have heard that they compile your email or record your call to use them on interviews.

Hi binafana, am really didn't get your question. But using emails and phone records on your interview is a joke.

I think it is likely that any emails you have sent to KCC will be included in the documents they send to the embassy. If you have raised something in an email that needs investigation they will red flag that to the embassy for them to clarify.

I agree with britsimon that an email to KCC would probably be placed in your file (I doubt that they would make a copy of a call and put it in though).

I don't understand what one could lie about or exaggerate in an email to KCC though? People usually only email to enquire about case status/forms received etc or to update the forms. If the latter it will certainly be added to the file. I think the problem might arise that even if it is not an immediately disqualifiable thing like omitting a dependent, if there are discrepancies it might just make them think they need to double-check what has been presented/do extra background checks. or maybe they won't bother, who knows?!

Hi, my internet friends. Thanks God. I had an interview on Tuesday. My health result is ok. In addition my health result finished on Monday. After that, I went to an interview.
If JESUS is with me who can against me. I already finished my interview and they grant me visa. I am so happy. The officer told me u can collect ur visa after a week.
The questions are so simple and easy. Amazingly, the officer ask me three questions.
What r u doing now?
Where did u finished ur degree?
Did u marry? Do u have child? To tell u the truth he never wait my replay for the question. Before these question he ask me to swarw by raise hand and to tell all are true. Then he give me Ds 230 for to sign. I that moment I realize my visa is already granted.
After the questions finished he told me congragulation. I thank him and collect my all orignal doument. Then leave the embassy. At last I would like to thank you all members in this forum. Thank u very much my internet famil. I will stay in this foum until all members got their visa.
Thank you Jesus.. .. . ... . . . ..
I think today I start a long journy.

Congratulations! Glory be to God!!!

Hi, my internet friends. Thanks God. I had an interview on Tuesday. My health result is ok. In addition my health result finished on Monday. After that, I went to an interview.
If JESUS is with me who can against me. I already finished my interview and they grant me visa. I am so happy. The officer told me u can collect ur visa after a week.
The questions are so simple and easy. Amazingly, the officer ask me three questions.
What r u doing now?
Did u marry? Do u have child? To tell u the truth he never wait my replay for the question. Before these question he ask me to swarw by raise hand and to tell all are true. Then he give me Ds 230 for to sign. I that moment I realize my visa is already granted.
After the questions finished he told me congragulation. I thank him and collect my all orignal doument. Then leave the embassy. At last I would like to thank you all members in this forum. Thank u very much my internet famil. I will stay in this foum until all members got their visa.

Congratulations Piuygiu am so happy for you!!!!!

Yes Ormania that is, and always was, clear to me. What I am getting at it that someone can only list one subject one time. So it is fine to use the highest score of two scores for maths, but you cannot use the highest and the lowest score from one subject toward the 5 required subjects.

NO WAY britsimon ! That is unacceptable. I got your point now. Thanks.

I think it is likely that any emails you have sent to KCC will be included in the documents they send to the embassy. If you have raised something in an email that needs investigation they will red flag that to the embassy for them to clarify.

But i am asking what documents is KCC sending to the embassies? is it not the DS files that we filed and sent to them? And if one want to update the information on his DS forms he is supposed to send an updated form, isn't it? If KCC is gonna include my form receipt enquirer mail along the DS documents and send it to the embassy well then i agree binafana is in trouble. But i don't think that is how they do the interview stuff at the embassy. What do you think?

Your email communication with KCC is called 'a Record'. All records of your communication will be included in your immigration file, not just the updated forms. Some people have been under the erroneous impression that the email they send to KCC is simply read, replied and destroyed. No, it does not work like that, those communications are kept as part of their official records.

But i am asking what documents is KCC sending to the embassies? is it not the DS files that we filed and sent to them? And if one want to update the information on his DS forms he is supposed to send an updated form, isn't it? If KCC is gonna include my form receipt enquirer mail along the DS documents and send it to the embassy well then i agree binafana is in trouble. But i don't think that is how they do the interview stuff at the embassy. What do you think?

As far as I know everything you send gets included. Old forms, new forms, etc. I'm more curious about what there would be to lie about in an email to KCC.

And I also believe that all of this stuff gets kept in your file... permanently. Even after you become a citizen, your so-called A-file is kept by USCIS. There is something on their website with pics of some of their A-files from the 1950s, when they began keeping them. So ...for example if you try sponsor a child they didn't know about in a few years time, even after you naturalize, they can check the DS230 to see if it was on there.

But this also all depends on how important the lie was, and why it was done. Any hint of immigration fraud could mean trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey everybody, i read your problem and that was very very bad thing you have been faced, but what did they gave you , did they approved your visa or not? cause my case is famillier with you , i have new TVET certificate which not include CIVIC, ENGLISH,MATHS and it has a problem, it is not accepteble under usa immigration low so guys what do you advice me my cn number is ***33***

Sorry to inform u
Hi, man. I meet different people on interview day and before interview day. As far as my experance: it is not qualified for dv2014. I saw one girl; she came to advise by one very experianced advisor for dv. Accedientally I was there to ask about name problem. She went from embassy without visa. Because she is not qualified by 10+3 document. I saw her transcipt it said at the edge of a transcript paper maths, english and civcs undertake throught the cource. The embassy did not grant visa for 10+3 documents. It means if u r not take maths, civics, and english at every year like privious 10+3. If u want more information inbox ur cellphone number. I will tell u the dv advisors cellphone.

ABOUT NAME PROBLEM Experiance

I meet a women on interview day. she was highly terified:because her name on gongragulation paper is different from all her educational document. the only thing she made is to correct her name like the name on gongratulation paper; correct the passpprt. base on her passport her police fingure print and medical corrected like passport name.she told me that without a single question about her name the officer grant her visa. only about after three minute interview. do not worry about name problems.however ur passport must similar to the name that u seen on gongragulation paper.

Good luck

As far as I know everything you send gets included. Old forms, new forms, etc. I'm more curious about what there would be to lie about in an email to KCC.

And I also believe that all of this stuff gets kept in your file... permanently. Even after you become a citizen, your so-called A-file is kept by USCIS. There is something on their website with pics of some of their A-files from the 1950s, when they began keeping them. So ...for example if you try sponsor a child they didn't know about in a few years time, even after you naturalize, they can check the DS230 to see if it was on there.

But this also all depends on how important the lie was, and why it was done. Any hint of immigration fraud could mean trouble.

Hi Sm1smom and SusieQQQ,

I have no idea of the records been kept. I have no problem whatsoever to cover up but it is amazing. I was not consoling binafana for his lie but i thought it wouldn't matter as far as it was not on the documents presented to the CO. Whatever lie he made he shouldn't have done it and it is damaging. I pity him. But thanks both of you.

I meet a women on interview day. she was highly terified:because her name on gongragulation paper is different from all her educational document. the only thing she made is to correct her name like the name on gongratulation paper; correct the passpprt. base on her passport her police fingure print and medical corrected like passport name.she told me that without a single question about her name the officer grant her visa. only about after three minute interview. do not worry about name problems.however ur passport must similar to the name that u seen on gongragulation paper.

Good luck

Thank you so much piuygiu, that is a comforting news for many of us. You are best!

Thank you so much piuygiu, that is a comforting news for many of us. You are best!

Hi how are you all doing.
First of all would like to Congrats piuygiu . It was really a great news . Regarding the name it had never been a bases for disqualification in Ethiopia specially in the recent times. With Ethiopian differences in the ordering of names was almost considered normal as the requirements with different formats are forcing you to do so. Furthermore our understanding of the family name and sure name is also different. any way almost all embassies in Ethiopia do have this understanding thus was not considered as a problem. Any way the naming order in the passport is different from the other documents. The most important thing however is to have the names in a proper and similar spelling.

The other information I do have is the so far issuance of 2014 DV. According to the information of DV2014 CEAC Data as of 1/1/2014 or up to the end of December 30 ,,, the Addis Ababa Embassy processed 1410 visas out of these 330 visas are issued, 48 refused, 989 are ready and 3 transferred. I actually do not know what it implies for the forum members, would like to know your insights about these figures.

best

Good luck

Thank you very much piuygiu it is a relief to hear this.by the way is there any one asked about Affidavit of Support on your day

Thank you very much piuygiu it is a relief to hear this.by the way is there any one asked about Affidavit of Support on your day

They did not ask me any affident support questions. However, one girl I meet @interview day told me ; she was asked about, what a relationship with her sponser. Not any further affident support questions.

Congratulations my friend !! I am so happy for u ! All the best !

Regards,
JuelzAnge Jr

What r u doing now?

They did not ask me any affident support questions. However, one girl I meet @interview day told me ; she was asked about, what a relationship with her sponser. Not any further affident support questions.

Nice! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.