• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
congratulations all dv winners, nice to see this year ethiopian thread independently :D :) :)

wish you all the best in your upcoming process...
and i am ready to contribute my little experience.

congratulations all dv winners, nice to see this year ethiopian thread independently :D :) :)

wish you all the best in your upcoming process...
and i am ready to contribute my little experience.

Hi Jimma Boy,

That's nice of you to offer us your experience. Could you please start by letting us know whay you were put on the 160 days AP? Man i can imagine how suspense it was for you.

Thanks.

Hello dear friends
I hav a question how do u understand the visa bulletin ? For example
January visa bulletin cut off show us 13000 and February 19000 is it mean 13000-19000 = 6000 person get Embassy appointment letter on February ?
thank you!

Hello dear friends
I hav a question how do u understand the visa bulletin ? For example
January visa bulletin cut off show us 13000 and February 19000 is it mean 13000-19000 = 6000 person get Embassy appointment letter on February ?
thank you!

As far as I understand it, those numbers represent, not necessarily quantity, but ranking order (priority date, if you like). There might actually be less than 6,000 selectees who will get their 2nd NL if the "holes theory" is to be believed. Note that the 13,000 - 19,000 range refers to all DV selectees of Africa, not just Ethiopia, whose individual case number falls within this range.

As far as I understand it, those numbers represent, not necessarily quantity, but ranking order (priority date, if you like). There might actually be less than 6,000 selectees who will get their 2nd NL if the "holes theory" is to be believed. Note that the 13,000 - 19,000 range refers to all DV selectees of Africa, not just Ethiopia, whose individual case number falls within this range.

Yes that is correct. It is also possible that people with numbers under 13000 who submitted their forms late or couldn't be scheduled for some other reason are then scheduled for February interviews.

You are also correct to mention the holes. In AF region there are 62k selectees (including derivatives) and the highest case number is around 116,000. Given that around half the 62k are derivatives, 6000 case numbers probably means less than 2000 interviews.

Hi Kid123, Congratulations!!
Do you need to authenticate your post high school degrees? Or ESCLCE authentication is enough? Thanx

Hi Kid123,

Congratulations!!
Do you need to authenticate your post high school degrees? Or ESCLCE authentication is enough? Thanx

hello Tew, the authentication of your documents is very easy you just have to go to National Educational Assessment and Examination Agency located near AMIST KILO. and the ministry of foreign affairs is located @ KAZANCHIS near TOTAL. as for your second question Ormania has answered it well.
here are some of the questions i was asked
1. how many years did it take you to finish high school
2. where did you finish high school
3. what was my highest score in my ESCLE exam
4. what i studied after high school and where
5. he asked me about my current job

Yes that is correct. It is also possible that people with numbers under 13000 who submitted their forms late or couldn't be scheduled for some other reason are then scheduled for February interviews.

You are also correct to mention the holes. In AF region there are 62k selectees (including derivatives) and the highest case number is around 116,000. Given that around half the 62k are derivatives, 6000 case numbers probably means less than 2000 interviews.

Thank you so much ison2013 and britsimon!!

WOW, britsimon if Ethiopia is gonna be 19k that means our numbers are by far going better than all. From 11,000 to 19,000? 8k difference! I think its a great news for Ethiopian winners! It has never been this much high for January in the last three years. Huh! :D

Thanks man!

so what do you think of the numbers at the end of this year's program (September 2014)?

Hi Jimma Boy,

That's nice of you to offer us your experience. Could you please start by letting us know whay you were put on the 160 days AP? Man i can imagine how suspense it was for you.

Thanks.
Oh my Godness, it was really suspenseful and as days going on hearing nothing new lets you more anxious i wish all of you best luck and successful process without facing this kind of troubles...for your question nobody exactly knows the reason behind this process but what i experience is that sometime its because of missing documents then in such case they will tell you the additional document (s)needed and your process time mostly depend on your return for that document to be concluded. However when your documents completely good they will not tell you anything why its in process or how long it going to take the only answer you get is " your case requires additional administrative process/ pending AP" so in this case actually they go through more checking like background,name check, fingerprint etc ... As the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case no one can expect or expedite except waiting patiently!!! Finally in my case all my documents was perfect but still i dont know single reason why it was under AP.

To all Ethiopian selectees, especially those of you who have already been interviewed: would it be problematic if the spelling (actually, the vowels) of one's name as it appears in one's high school transcript has one or more errors? Do I need to get a replacement that matches all my other documents? Thanks in advance for the reply!

Oh my Godness, it was really suspenseful and as days going on hearing nothing new lets you more anxious i wish all of you best luck and successful process without facing this kind of troubles...for your question nobody exactly knows the reason behind this process but what i experience is that sometime its because of missing documents then in such case they will tell you the additional document (s)needed and your process time mostly depend on your return for that document to be concluded. However when your documents completely good they will not tell you anything why its in process or how long it going to take the only answer you get is " your case requires additional administrative process/ pending AP" so in this case actually they go through more checking like background,name check, fingerprint etc ... As the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case no one can expect or expedite except waiting patiently!!! Finally in my case all my documents was perfect but still i dont know single reason why it was under AP.

Man, that was scary :( huh. Without unknown reason to you? post u on AP? thats not fair....

Anyways thank you very much for sharing your story. :cool:

so what do you think of the numbers at the end of this year's program (September 2014)?

Dear BND,

from 2007-2013 Dv programs it was only in DV 2012 & 2013 that Ethiopia was current.
I don't really know the trend they used. Let us be optimistic and hope that everybody
will be current before Sept. 30......

My Case number is less but not Scheduled yet.

My Case number is around AF000010*** .but not Scheduled yet.KCC told me they received the forms and pending further embassy review for the continuation of visa processing.any help?

My Case number is around AF000010*** .but not Scheduled yet.KCC told me they received the forms and pending further embassy review for the continuation of visa processing.any help?

Hi lehw,

When did you knew that you won the lottery and when did you exactly sent your DS forms to KCC? It depends on the time when you sent it, that's why. Just hold on, you will get your 2nl.

Cheers!

hi guys when i review the copy of forms that i sent to KCC ,i find out a mistake about the timespan (dates) of my stay in university .so what do u think better to do? shall i inform (update)KCC through e-mail or what shall i do? thank u in advance.

hi guys when i review the copy of forms that i sent to KCC ,i find out a mistake about the timespan (dates) of my stay in university .so what do u think better to do? shall i inform (update)KCC through e-mail or what shall i do? thank u in advance.

That mistake won't be an issue at all. You can emkail KCC if you like or it can be corrected at the interview - either way - it will not be a problem.

About 2nd notification letter

Thanks Ormania I really appreciate your quick response .I have sent all forms to KCC on Oct 8 2013 by DHL.KCC received my forms on Oct 11 2013.I think I was late. So is that the problem? Can you guess when will be the 2nl send by KCC.
Thanks!

Thanks Ormania I really appreciate your quick response .I have sent all forms to KCC on Oct 8 2013 by DHL.KCC received my forms on Oct 11 2013.I think I was late. So is that the problem? Can you guess when will be the 2nl send by KCC.
Thanks!

It takes KCC a few weeks to process the forms. If they received forms on 1 October they might have just finished them about now - so you should expect your 2NL within 2 or 3 weeks.

To all Ethiopian selectees, especially those of you who have already been interviewed: would it be problematic if the spelling (actually, the vowels) of one's name as it appears in one's high school transcript has one or more errors? Do I need to get a replacement that matches all my other documents? Thanks in advance for the reply!

From what has been said by those who did thier interview, it may not be a problem. But if you have time it is worth to correct the error and match with the ESLCE certificate. I have the same issue with my transcript instead of "e" it has been reflected as "i" so requested a new one. This is just my opionion.

Status
Not open for further replies.