• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All asian DV winners, Please list your case numbers

8yrsusa

Registered Users (C)
All asian DV2008 winners, Please list your case numbers

Hi
Please list your DV case numbers here. My case number is 2008AS00006xxx.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
me too from nepal

Right now where are you sagamihara_boy. i mean r u doing cp from kathmandu??

16xxx, Nepal

Hi levelheaded, i am from nepal also.
I am at 136**, pretty high up there as well,
levelheaded do you know when is the latest we can switch to CP from AOS?
I am on OPT rite now and will have a chance to apply for GC from work if everything works out. i wont wanna risk anything if you see what i mean.
subash.

Hi levelheaded, i am from nepal also.
I am at 136**, pretty high up there as well,
levelheaded do you know when is the latest we can switch to CP from AOS?
I am on OPT rite now and will have a chance to apply for GC from work if everything works out. i wont wanna risk anything if you see what i mean.
subash.
My situation is exactly the same, I am applying for H1 in april, but from what I understand if sth doesn't work with lottery GC, it won't affect my H1 application. But ya since H1 doesnt start until Oct and my OPT is valid till end of sep next year, if my number does become current (big IF) and i go back to Nepal for interview and it doesn't get approved, then I will be stuck in Nepal till end of sep becuase that would invalidate my OPT(F1) status. So ya there's that risk involved. I am not exactly sure of the deadline as to changing from AOS to CP, I had emailed KCC and they told me to mail them new forms and they would switch my case to CP from AOS. But since my number is so high anyways I think i have more than enough time to make that change, so far I haven't mailed in the updated forms to KCC. If you are applying GC through work, that case won't be affected by what happens with your CP interview in Nepal, from what I have read in the forums. Goodluck!

thanks levelheaded,

i know that since h1b is a dual intent visa, DV does not affect its outcome. my opt is also valid until mid september 08. the only think i risk is the time until 1st october right? as long as my h1b is approved (obviously from the time i go to nepal to oct 1st)?
at this point then, if my DV is approved, then all is good, if DV for some reason does not go through then I would stay in nepal until oct 1.
my other issue is my wife is also here on f1, if she is stuck, that means we are in bad shape because she will miss a whole month of classes in september and her assistantship since she will need to come back as a h4. whats your thought? is CP worth it?
thanks in advance
subash

thanks levelheaded,

i know that since h1b is a dual intent visa, DV does not affect its outcome. my opt is also valid until mid september 08. the only think i risk is the time until 1st october right? as long as my h1b is approved (obviously from the time i go to nepal to oct 1st)?
at this point then, if my DV is approved, then all is good, if DV for some reason does not go through then I would stay in nepal until oct 1.
my other issue is my wife is also here on f1, if she is stuck, that means we are in bad shape because she will miss a whole month of classes in september and her assistantship since she will need to come back as a h4. whats your thought? is CP worth it?
thanks in advance
subash
The situation with your wife, since she is in F1, that's definitely more risky since F1 is not dual intent like H1. And while she can still study in H4 visa, she can't have the assistantship as you said. But if you have maintained your status in US and so did your wife, I am not sure why the US embassy in Nepal would deny you the GC, granted you got chance for interview. I guess it's just your final call to decide, it's a tough one :) I am sure if you had CN below 7K or sth, you could have done AOS without much worry as you and your wife both qualify for that and the CN would become current in time for AOS processing. If you married after getting NL then it's more risky, in fact that's what I did. I married after getting getting NL and I have sufficient proofs to show that it's serious relationship and i am willing to take the risk because my wife is not here in F1 or anything. Worse comes to worst, I will be denied GC but I will have h1 status to fall back under, assuming my H1 is approved in first place. So you see how many hurdles I have to overcome, first hope somehow miraculously my CN becomes current in time, then hope the counselor in Nepal doesn't create issues because we married after getting NL.

Levelheaded:
U definately live by your user name here in the forum:). Your case definately beats mine in complexity. We got married before filing, so thats clear, as far as i know, my records here are clear.
I think i am gonna wait until about feb08 to change from AOS to CP. just in case the CNs progress miraculously and our case number comes current sooner. if feb 08 suggests that case numbers are not going to progress as rapidly then, i will go ahead and change to cp.
I really value your advice. good luck with your case,
having to prove a good marriage should be ok i think in Nepal. when my wife first came as a dependent on me right after we got married, the embassy did not give us any hassles. it was pretty smooth.

good luck

subash.

I m from Bangladesh

Hi

I m from Bangladesh my case # is 2008AS11XXX.

Waiting for 2nd letter. my email add. maopurahman

//somoy

help me please

My situation is exactly the same, I am applying for H1 in april, but from what I understand if sth doesn't work with lottery GC, it won't affect my H1 application. But ya since H1 doesnt start until Oct and my OPT is valid till end of sep next year, if my number does become current (big IF) and i go back to Nepal for interview and it doesn't get approved, then I will be stuck in Nepal till end of sep becuase that would invalidate my OPT(F1) status. So ya there's that risk involved. I am not exactly sure of the deadline as to changing from AOS to CP, I had emailed KCC and they told me to mail them new forms and they would switch my case to CP from AOS. But since my number is so high anyways I think i have more than enough time to make that change, so far I haven't mailed in the updated forms to KCC. If you are applying GC through work, that case won't be affected by what happens with your CP interview in Nepal, from what I have read in the forums. Goodluck!

hi,
im currently a student in the US. i have received my second notification letter. i have no clue what my next step will be. please help me out.
thanks
sml